Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received an email from my SA informing me that the factory is currently fulfilling orders for overseas and they aren't sure when they will see more 3s. They are anticipating a delay of 6 weeks or more. This is in Northern California and my order date is 10/10.

Is that because you ordered a Performance? I've never heard of a VIN so far in advance.

I ordered a Standard Range Plus, White, Black Interior, standard wheels on 10/9,
Three emails from Tesla (second and third were replies to my questions).
first was a thank you for your order
second, update awaiting VIN assignment
third, update 4-8 weeks till VIN assignment

Cheers,
Sam

Welcome to the long waiting line. I ordered mine back on Oct 1st still no update
Thanks, guess I'm here for the long haul..

I keep hearing that financing expires..I went with Tesla financing but does anyone know if it expires if you go through them also? Or is that just if you applied with outside banks?
I have accepted my terms with them but haven't needed to submit anything further.

Hi all,
New to the forum. Thought I’d give you guys an update. Not the best of news. Ordered my SR+ In Vancouver, Canada on Jan 29 and just got this email.

We have recently had a production timing update from the folks producing our vehicles down at our Fremont factory. Right now they are working on European and Asian vehicles. We are expecting the next batch of Canadian vehicles to arrive in about 5-10 weeks or so, once they resume North American production.

Hi all,
New to the forum. Thought I’d give you guys an update. Not the best of news. Ordered my SR+ In Vancouver, Canada on Jan 29 and just got this email.

We have recently had a production timing update from the folks producing our vehicles down at our Fremont factory. Right now they are working on European and Asian vehicles. We are expecting the next batch of Canadian vehicles to arrive in about 5-10 weeks or so, once they resume North American production.
5 to 10 weeks is quite a big spread.
I'm optimistic. Let's target for 5 weeks, which is end of November.

...Right now they are working on European and Asian vehicles...
My question to Tesla is, why are you pushing so many overseas when this is the last quarter before the US federal tax credit is available. I get they want to do overseas early in the quarter so the ships have time to arrive and deliver, but if they do that while ignoring the domestic demand I think it's a mistake.