Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct - it is a LR AWD, MSM, FSD 18” Aeros

ordered 10/13

I also ordered mine on 10/13 White LR AWD, FSD 18" Aeros. Dude, you're giving me hope. I was thinking December for sure but was skeptical that they wouldn't deliver a single Model 3 in the US in November. Why would they put themselves in such a hard spot and then deliver Tens of Thousands of cars in December. Just doesn't make sense. I'll keep checking throughout the week.

I also ordered mine on 10/13 White LR AWD, FSD 18" Aeros. Dude, you're giving me hope. I was thinking December for sure but was skeptical that they wouldn't deliver a single Model 3 in the US in November. Why would they put themselves in such a hard spot and then deliver Tens of Thousands of cars in December. Just doesn't make sense. I'll keep checking throughout the week.

You should know I actually matched myself to a car a few states away. Got a delivery appointment. Accepted it. And then 3 days before they gave it to someone else and cancelled my appointment. Then they gave me this second VIN through the system. So I’m not sure if they were throwing me a bone and giving me a vin to make up for their blunder or what.

On Oct 4th I ordered my Model 3 LR AWD White/White with Aero wheels. At that time, 23 days ago, the site listed 2 weeks from to delivery and it still shows 2 weeks. Why does Tesla mock us when it would be more honest and easy programming update to indicate that the "delivery has been delayed?"

Does anyone know at what point VIN numbers start to show up in the source code on a buyer's account? Assuming it's not a car from inventory, is it when a VIN is scheduled to be produced, in production, after production is complete or unpredictable?

I just checked the source code on my account online and found a VIN ending in 525441 assigned to my account. When I entered the VIN in the tracking spreadsheet I saw a few other Model 3s with same configuration that have numbers within a couple hundred. Having worked in a manufacturing plant myself, that makes sense since manufacturers can increase production speed by reducing changeover time when switching between different components like engines, seats and paint color by producing the same configuration in batches. The configurations like mine with a VIN listed indicate they received it a week ago and don't list a delivery date.

Any thoughts on when to expect they'll schedule a delivery date and it there is any hope it would be in the next two weeks? I'm in Chicago area so it should only be a few days train/truck delivery time once it ships.

Only reason I'm anxious to figure out delivery is my car died and tomorrow I need to decide how long to extend my rental car for. If it's going to be over two weeks then I should just pay to rent for a month since renting for four weeks is same cost as three weeks. All the chatter about December delivery dates have diminished my hope of taking our first Tesla road trip to our extended family Thanksgiving gathering.

I just ordered an AWS white on white on Friday. I checked the source code tonight and have a vin assigned (525,489). When I called in on Friday I was told by the sales rep that they already had a vehicle ready. Don't want to get excited, but maybe a new car in November.

I just ordered an AWS white on white on Friday. I checked the source code tonight and have a vin assigned (525,489). When I called in on Friday I was told by the sales rep that they already had a vehicle ready. Don't want to get excited, but maybe a new car in November.
Looks like your timing was just right for the production of White on White. SA said that they make less white interiors so it can take a bit longer to get. The week before I ordered there were a couple cars in inventory but they were sold during the end of quarter push.

Here's to hoping for quick delivery in the next two weeks!

I need to go check for my vin in source code cause I ordered mine on 10/1

I had VIN in source code for awhile now. It doesn't mean anything about when you are getting your car. It will only tell you the make and model and is used for tesla insurance purposes.

It's there to help the insurance team at tesla line up with delivery so they have enough time to process the paper work.