Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Paging "flafonta" as written in the tracking sheet. You're in Quebec City just like me, ordered 4 days before me, have a VIN very close to mine and are scheduled for delivery on Dec 16. Is that the date you see on the Tesla account or have they contacted you? My account page's delivery date is Dec 26 and that is exactly 8 weeks after my order, when they said 5-8 weeks initially. I have not been contacted yet. In source, that date for me is in the estimatedDeliveryDate variable. I'm hoping my car is in the same truck and arrives at the same time as yours. Anything you can tell me will help me survive a bit longer :) Thanks!

I'm really hoping to see some cars with 20" wheels start to get VINs. Looks like the newest order date that's been supplied a VIN for a M3P+ is Nov. 6th, with a 12/21 Delivery Date. Seems like they're being a bit ambitious still taking orders right now for delivery by year end!

I'm really hoping to see some cars with 20" wheels start to get VINs. Looks like the newest order date that's been supplied a VIN for a M3P+ is Nov. 6th, with a 12/21 Delivery Date. Seems like they're being a bit ambitious still taking orders right now for delivery by year end!
Well, When I picked up my P3D- yesterday in San Francisco, they said they hadn’t yet delivered a P3D+ in Q4. But you are far far on the other end of the country, and you will get yours sooner. They are waiting a bit long for P3D+ orders. It really isn’t fair - not that Tesla is fair when it comes to ordering cars.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Thanks, I’m surprised east coast orders are getting fulfilled before west coast orders. Seems completely backwards

Think of it this way. If you are trying to meet a quota before the end of the year and know that shipping to the east coast will take longer, then wouldn't it make sense to ship off the ones that take longer so then by the end of the year the only ones that need to be shipped out will take a couple of days at most?

Reactions: Schwartzkopf
Update: Had ordered 10/24, no VIN in source or reliable communication as of 12/30 when I stopped in to inquire about Stealth Performance upgrade possibility in person --> was hard-matched on the spot to a Stealth, same specs (blue metallic, black interior, 19" wheels). VIN appeared in source shortly thereafter, received an SMS the next day for delivery in SF on 12/4. Picked up the car yesterday with an outstanding delivery experience. Car seems flawless thus far. And it is - reminiscent of the Apple heyday experience - INSANELY GREAT. So Stealth Performance models are out there as previous posts have speculated. The delivery experience can be top-notch. And the car is well worth waiting for. Good luck to all. I think the most recent forum posts show cars are now rolling into CA, and things are HAPPENING. Keep the faith! BTW my car's manufacture date on the driver door sticker is 11/2019. Model year is 2020.

Think of it this way. If you are trying to meet a quota before the end of the year and know that shipping to the east coast will take longer, then wouldn't it make sense to ship off the ones that take longer so then by the end of the year the only ones that need to be shipped out will take a couple of days at most?

Yes, that makes complete sense and I hate to hear it. :(

• Funny
Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Very cool! Keep us posted! I did call Littleton yesterday and they said that they are expecting a huge amount of deliveries starting 12/23 but some before...
I will make sure to update anything I hear including a scheduled delivery date whenever that happens. FYI-I ordered mine on 10/26. Kind of a bummer to find out after the fact that ordering that early didn’t get it here any earlier! Ohh well, the car is worth the wait, no matter how crazy I go waiting for it, lol!

Reactions: kinito
I will make sure to update anything I hear including a scheduled delivery date whenever that happens. FYI-I ordered mine on 10/26. Kind of a bummer to find out after the fact that ordering that early didn’t get it here any earlier! Ohh well, the car is worth the wait, no matter how crazy I go waiting for it, lol!

yep...I ordered mine on 10/14 exact same car as you except white...have to believe that color is making a difference here :p

So what happens if, hypothetically, we miss the incentive date of 12/31/19 despite being told we'd get it by then? We just have to suck up an almost $2k loss?

The website, as of 12/4 wee hours in the morning, still says you can order now and get delivery by 12/31 with $1875 credit. If Tesla can't deliver, I would think of it as "false advertising". Think of it as airline reservations where they overbook. Push comes to shove, some people are denied boarding but they usually get some incentive to ease the disappointment. In this case, I would imagine Tesla would swallow the $1875 credit difference for orders placed when the "delivered by 12/31" notice was displayed on the site but it couldn't deliver by 12/31.

Maybe I am naive, but the only reason I ordered on Nov 22nd was to make sure I got the delivery by 12/31 and got the tax credit. Otherwise, I would have waited until next year.

the way I see it... if Tesla won't just credit us the $1875 to make up for their false promises, we could just return the car (lose $100 deposit) however Tesla will prevent you from purchasing the same car for a year, I heard? Not sure if that's true.

But well, I hope they're not too far off from their estimates... meaning, if they're STILL guaranteeing delivery by 12/31 at this time, that should mean orders placed in Oct/Nov shouldn't have to worry about being done before year end?? I hope. Or else they're just way off.

I feel bad for the SoCal people who ordered in Oct and still have nothing... I'm only on week 3 in SoCal, so I can't complain haha. Just wish it would come soon! Also there aren't many red orders so I'm kinda afraid how long it would take to get a red VIN... they must not make many of them...

So I found my vin in the website page source...where in my tesla account will the vin show when it eventually pops up? Is it under the order number? Car details? Thanks
My VIN showed up in the source code on 11/29 but didn’t show up in my account until late this evening under the MPVA view button. Prior to today I was just receiving an error when trying to access the MPVA. Note on 12/1 I got a text with a link directing me to schedule my delivery/pick up appointment which ended up being on 12/15. I’m in Austin Texas and ordered Pearl/LRAWD/Black/18in/Auto pilot on 11/1. Hope you get notice if your delivery date soon. So friggin exciting when you finally get a date!
Cheers