Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep with an actual human. They wanted to be sure I was ready for charging at home and asked if I was interested in solar. I don’t recall the same call when we got the X but there’s obvious reasons they didn’t need to ask that. I do wonder if there is some algorithm they are following.... like how many weeks before delivery do you wait before you give the customer that call?
Nice! Looks like you are going to win between the two of us. lol I got a call from the solar guys only after I inquired about it. At least I have my wall charger ready..

Yep with an actual human. They wanted to be sure I was ready for charging at home and asked if I was interested in solar. I don’t recall the same call when we got the X but there’s obvious reasons they didn’t need to ask that. I do wonder if there is some algorithm they are following.... like how many weeks before delivery do you wait before you give the customer that call?

Thats funny, I got the exact same call around the same time from a rep in vegas about solar panels. Ordered 1/18 im in LA

Since I am now an interested observer, I looked at the most current spreadsheet. In the month of December, the worksheet, based upon data entered, shows that 696 3's were delivered. However, when I look at the period from 1/1-2/4/20, I am only seeing 112 cars delivered. However, we have to assume that production has not slowed down. Thinking like a finance guy (which I am), and this is pure conjecture on my part, I am guessing that they are pushing cars over seas. This would allow Tesla to deliver them in time to count as quarterly sales. Domestic deliveries can be done quicker, so I would expect to see more March. Just my guess.....

Since I am now an interested observer, I looked at the most current spreadsheet. In the month of December, the worksheet, based upon data entered, shows that 696 3's were delivered. However, when I look at the period from 1/1-2/4/20, I am only seeing 112 cars delivered. However, we have to assume that production has not slowed down. Thinking like a finance guy (which I am), and this is pure conjecture on my part, I am guessing that they are pushing cars over seas. This would allow Tesla to deliver them in time to count as quarterly sales. Domestic deliveries can be done quicker, so I would expect to see more March. Just my guess.....
Based upon the Estimated Delivery numbers from early December(2-5 weeks) to January(4-7 weeks), it's pretty clear that there was a 2 week production slowdown around the holidays. The numbers kept going up toward the end of January...I think I saw as high as 6-9 week estimate, but they're now back down to 4-7 weeks so they appear to be working through the backlog of orders placed during the slowdown. Of course, this may all be marketing since there's been conflicting information between the "Manage" page (mine still says 4-7 weeks) and text messages (I received one on 1/23 saying delivery between 1-6 weeks which would make the timeframe 1-9 weeks).

Are you reaching out to your delivery adviser for updates....or is Tesla pushing updates to you.
I'm going off of the data available via the "Custom Order" button for Model 3 on the main page. When I communicated with my sales advisor, he indicated that he didn't have access to delivery information and the only other communication I've had is a "delivery timing update" message that many seem to have gotten on/around 1/23

These cars popping in and out of inventory around me are driving me crazy. Why did they build all these cars without buyers before building my car?!?

I had the same reaction when I saw the ones in Buena Park today... But I'm thinking they may be cars that were rejected by the people that ordered them for different reasons... Nevertheless... I'm sure there are people on the wait list that ordered similar cars... why don't they contact those people before they put the cars out for sale...

Reactions: SteveS1979
I had the same reaction when I saw the ones in Buena Park today... But I'm thinking they may be cars that were rejected by the people that ordered them for different reasons... Nevertheless... I'm sure there are people on the wait list that ordered similar cars... why don't they contact those people before they put the cars out for sale...
I'm almost willing to say that I'll fly whereever a car matching my specs is and road-trip it back... That'd be better than waiting, right? ;-)

Did you get that car? I saw it too but i dont like the white interior , back to waiting zone again

I'm dying.. LOL Tesla, sometimes less is more... Look at my current status based on the latest text message of when to expect my car. Texts have come to me on Thursdays around 4PM at 2 week intervals, thus far.

Order date: 4-7 weeks expected
Text #1 = 4-9 weeks from the date of the text
Text #2 = 3-7 weeks from the date of the text

Order Date 1/8/2020 Earliest: 02/05/2020 Latest: 2/26/2020
Text #1 received: 01/23/2020 Earliest: 02/20/2020 Latest: 3/26/2020
Text #2 received: 02/06/2020 Earliest: 02/27/2020 Latest: 3/26/2020

This is what I'm expecting the next text to say and that it looks like I'm getting my car on 3/26 as that's the ONLY constant so far.. Early date drops by 1 week and the latest drops by 2 weeks based on the fact they contact me every 2 weeks..
Text #3 received: 02/20/2020 Earliest: 03/05/2020 Latest: 03/26/2020

Guess I'm going to be unmatched and will be getting a car in Q2 o_O
Small sample size, lots of guessing, lots of annoyance that I will be out of country starting 3/22 :mad: