Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are the links to @Troy's (aka /u/Teslike) Model 3 Order Tracker Spreadsheet Project. There are a few identical sheets to avoid overcrowding.

The selection dates for the door sticker manufacturing date needs to be expanded to reflect 2020. The dates only go up through Dec 2019, and mine was built in 1/20.

1/30 - Configured
2/7 - Delivery
-----------------------

1/30 - Ordered SR+ White/Black interior/Aero
5-8 weeks.
2/5 - New one with white interior popped up in inventory 2 states over. I got reservation switched to inventory I was told 1-2 weeks.

2/6 - Tesla called to let me know if was delivered to local store.

2/7 - picked it up.

This is our 3rd model 3. We had 2 2018 LR RWD. Husband didn't need range and I got a great offer for his. We still have my LR. Husband is extremely happy with the new color and interior.

Our first model 3, VIN in the 20ks, ride wasn't as smooth as our one in the 40ks. Our newest one rides even smother. Interior trim has also been fine-tuned.

My original wait for first two was over two years so it was nice to be able to snatch up one that came into inventory. We were surprised at how fast everything happened as we were expecting to wait at least a month.

Fun backstory: My husband wasn't happy that I stood in line and "gave Elon $1k interest free" to reserve a Model 3 and gave me crap about it for two years. After I took delivery of our first one, he fell in love and wanted one. Lucky for him I had reserved two and hid it from him. I knew he would make me cancel 2nd one if he found out. We ordered 2nd one a couple weeks later and he got my "old" model 3.

Reactions: IDRVSLO
Took delivery yesterday. It’s other worldly.. like nothing I have experienced driving before. It’s worth the wait.

M3 LR Dual Motor 19inch wheels white no FSD. Configure / order date 1/9. Hope you all get answers soon
I'll echo this 1000000%. Took delivery on Friday and couldn't be happier. Been driving around all weekend with a huge s***-eating grin on my face. Definitely worth the wait.

• Love
Reactions: White_tiger
I'm dying.. LOL Tesla, sometimes less is more... Look at my current status based on the latest text message of when to expect my car. Texts have come to me on Thursdays around 4PM at 2 week intervals, thus far.

Order date: 4-7 weeks expected
Text #1 = 4-9 weeks from the date of the text
Text #2 = 3-7 weeks from the date of the text

Order Date 1/8/2020 Earliest: 02/05/2020 Latest: 2/26/2020
Text #1 received: 01/23/2020 Earliest: 02/20/2020 Latest: 3/26/2020
Text #2 received: 02/06/2020 Earliest: 02/27/2020 Latest: 3/26/2020

This is what I'm expecting the next text to say and that it looks like I'm getting my car on 3/26 as that's the ONLY constant so far.. Early date drops by 1 week and the latest drops by 2 weeks based on the fact they contact me every 2 weeks..
Text #3 received: 02/20/2020 Earliest: 03/05/2020 Latest: 03/26/2020

Guess I'm going to be unmatched and will be getting a car in Q2 o_O
Small sample size, lots of guessing, lots of annoyance that I will be out of country starting 3/22 :mad:
Good god, I thought two texts were bad. That’s absurd

Good god, I thought two texts were bad. That’s absurd

Nah, it's not as bad as some of the people who started this sojourn in December or earlier who might be getting the car the same time as me. It is what it is based on how Tesla seems to be producing cars and as bad as the waiting can be, I can't fathom going thru the traditional car buying experience. This is the trade-off and in reality I wouldn't be stressing had we not planned on being out of country at what looks to be the time of delivery.. oh well, we'll see what happens.

Nah, it's not as bad as some of the people who started this sojourn in December or earlier who might be getting the car the same time as me. It is what it is based on how Tesla seems to be producing cars and as bad as the waiting can be, I can't fathom going thru the traditional car buying experience. This is the trade-off and in reality I wouldn't be stressing had we not planned on being out of country at what looks to be the time of delivery.. oh well, we'll see what happens.

You’re right, nothing we can do so might as well not stress. I know I sound like a broken record but we,

Ordered in store 12/8
First text 1/24- “3-5 weeks”
Second text 2/6- “3-7 weeks”

We were told March when we ordered anyways, so it doesn’t bother us to wait but I’d rather just one text saying “it’s time” lol. Our sales associate even confirmed the first text was accurate so we went ahead and applied for financing at that time, now she’s saying “There is a team sending out these texts based on forecasted delivery times. They are not 100% solidified and mainly an estimate based on the flow of cars.”So now the rates probably going to change but we’ll live I guess, just an odd system they have right now.

trim and order date
12/27 - Ordered LR Midnight Silver with Black interior/Aero
They were taking forever so I decided to change color to Deep Blue on the 4th of this month.
Found vin on source today and I just got a text to schedule delivery.
I think that if I would've pick the Deep Blue on the first place maybe it wouldn't have taken so much time to deliver it

Reactions: en_passant
They were taking forever so I decided to change color to Deep Blue on the 4th of this month.
I think that if I would've pick the Deep Blue on the first place maybe it wouldn't have taken so much time to deliver it
Is there any additional context around "vin" in source that would make it easier to search for? eg., no "driVINg"

That's odd because they've been shipping silver cars like crazy. I was thinking of changing from blue to silver to speed things up....

If I search for "vin" it gives me 12 results with only two of them my vin number. But if I search insuredVin it only gives me 4 results with the 2 of them having my vin number "vin":"THIS WILL BE YOUR VIN","insuredVIN"
Yeah, I've just been searching for "vin" and going until I see "vin": null usually the 9th occurrance out of the 12. Last week the number of "vin" search matches was 8, so I though that maybe things were getting closer but no luck yet.

That's odd because they've been shipping silver cars like crazy. I was thinking of changing from blue to silver to speed things up....
I know it is odd I did also noticed they been shipping a lot of silver cars but mine for come reason was just taking forever and got frustrated. Maybe because now there is more people getting silver and blue not so much. So more chances of getting a blue one sooner than silver. It only took only 6 days after changing from silver to blue for me to get the vin

Yeah, I've just been searching for "vin" and going until I see "vin": null usually the 9th occurrance out of the 12. Last week the number of "vin" search matches was 8, so I though that maybe things were getting closer but no luck yet.
What I did noticed is that when I was searching for 5Y I was only getting one result for the longest time. But the last 3 to 4 days it went from 2 results to 3 and finally to my complete vin number.
Yes I was checking every single day for my vin

To top it off I returned my lease last Friday because the guy I spoke to at Tesla said you'd be getting your car within 1-2 weeks and I didn't want to have 2 leases... I even asked him if it could be 4 weeks or more and he said that the chances of that happening were slim... now it could be 6 weeks from the 1/23 text... Nobody seems to have a clue and who is to say we don't get another text in 2 weeks saying it'll be another 4 weeks :eek:
I returned my lease this week too! Borrowing a car from my brother in law.

I returned my lease this week too! Borrowing a car from my brother in law.

Welcome to the daily (sometimes hourly) VIN Number checkers club... When and what config did you order? It seems like most of the SoCal deliveries will be happening in March... I ordered back in December so I assumed it'd be earlier for me, specially since it said 2 week estimated delivery when I ordered, but now I've just resigned myself to the fact that I won't be getting my Model 3 for at least another 3 weeks...

Reactions: bschmer