Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called Tesla Canoga Park in SoCal, was told mid to late September for all vehicles with a new batch coming in a week or two. So pretty much there’s no point in ordering a custom vehicle in California early since you’ll wait the longest estimate they give out of the bunch. Will be 12-14 weeks here for my order, sad but what can be done. The wait continues.

I ordered mine from Canoga, went in(well, met at the parking lot). I placed my order on the 11th of August and got a text last week stating delivery is 3-7 weeks away. I’m not holding my breath on that estimate.

Reactions: HarpoonS
Got an email from the SA with my VIN yesterday, 8/27, 7749xx (LR AWD). Stopped in to the Tampa Intl Mall SC today. Assisted by a very nice SA. He took the time to show me the production page for my car. It's birthday (yes, birthday!) was 8/25. It is still in California awaiting rail transportation to Birmingham. Once there, it will be trucked to Tampa. When loaded on the truck, a delivery date to Tampa will be generated and the SC will call to set a delivery date to me. ETA to Tampa right now is 9/13. Counting the days!

Congrats! Mine is also coming to the Tampa delivery center. I got a text last week (8/21) to schedule delivery, but still don't see a vin in my account. I scheduled delivery for 9/8. Maybe my SA can give me the vin?

Hey everyone,
I ordered my SR+ (white on white), FSD, 18inch aeros on July 16th (Montreal). I have still not received my VIN or delivery date, and have not received any text messages. Spoke with my SA and was told that the car will be out of production in a few days.
Anyone know whether the VINs are only available when the vehicle is out of production?
I see many having ordered in August and already have their VINs.

Thanks!! Still excited!

Reactions: tche93
Got the text to schedule for delivery today in Indianapolis on 9/8 at 12:30! MSM M3P. Ordered 7/6 with a 8-12 week timeframe.

Now to scramble to get my loan taken care of. I was waiting on VIN to apply for a couple 3rd Parties from the Credit Union sheet on here. I’ve applied at both Carolina Cooperative and today with Pasadena Federal.

Hey everyone,
I ordered my SR+ (white on white), FSD, 18inch aeros on July 16th (Montreal). I have still not received my VIN or delivery date, and have not received any text messages. Spoke with my SA and was told that the car will be out of production in a few days.
Anyone know whether the VINs are only available when the vehicle is out of production?
I see many having ordered in August and already have their VINs.

Thanks!! Still excited!

Fellow Canadian here with the EXACT same configuration but in Vancouver. From what I understand your VIN is usually matched once the car is at the end of production or is already out of production. Some people do get a “soft match” to a VIN. But continue being patient, it’s almost there! Seems like a lot of white with black interior SR+‘s have been taken delivery of in Canada, I’ve got my fingers crossed that white/white is next! :)

Also from Vancouver here! Just an update for people in Vancouver aswell. Ordered MSM SR+ / white interior on July 4th, received 1-3 weeks text on August 25th. Received a call from my SA today asking if I wanted to take early delivery on a black interior MSM (he thought it was white, until he checked) but I declined as I wanted white interior. He estimated my delivery to be close to September 7th! So excited. :))))

Reactions: tche93
Fellow Canadian here with the EXACT same configuration but in Vancouver. From what I understand your VIN is usually matched once the car is at the end of production or is already out of production. Some people do get a “soft match” to a VIN. But continue being patient, it’s almost there! Seems like a lot of white with black interior SR+‘s have been taken delivery of in Canada, I’ve got my fingers crossed that white/white is next! :)

That actually makes me super sad haha. I am just a little bit South of you over the border and that is the exact spec I ordered. I just passed week 7 mark since placing my order (7/10) with still no update on a VIN. It's a pretty rough wait here in Seattle.

Ordered M3 LR (Red, Black interior) on 7/18 estimated delivery 4~8 weeks
Got a text on 8/6 - 5~8 weeks
then another text on 8/19 - 1~4 weeks

I called a delivery center today
They said that my car is not even built yet, and will be build in early Sep.

It has been more than 40 days from the order day, but they have not even started to build my car WTF

Reactions: HarpoonS

It has been more than 40 days from the order day, but they have not even started to build my car WTF

Yep I’m here going on 64 days since order date and car hasn’t been built. One of the most basic configurations too. Crazy.

Got my text to schedule delivery! So far my timeline has been:

7/15: Order placed
8/10: 3-6 week text
8/26: VIN received through Tesla's live chat, they said the car is built and was waiting for transport to the rail station
8/28: Text received to schedule delivery
9/11: Scheduled delivery date (earliest date available)

Not sure why it takes 2 full weeks to ship the car, but I have a date now! Hoping it arrives a few days ahead of schedule but not getting my hopes up.

Reactions: HTWOMS

Day 1: Ordered July 15

(4-8 weeks delivery)

Day 27 (3 1/2 weeks) Aug 10:

Received text stating 4-7 weeks til delivery, called SA and they said to ignore since it was a auto text and it was still on the original 4-8 weeks schedule and that I have been “soft matched for a vin #

Day 37 (5 weeks) Aug 20: received call from SA that stated I would receive vin # by the 24th and delivery on the 2nd

Day 41 Aug 24: (almost 6 weeks) second automated text stating 2-4 weeks

Day 45 Aug 28: (6 1/2 weeks) decided to call and get status update since they stated I would have vin# 5 days ago and delivery would be in 5 days and I have not heard anything. Guy I spoke to this time seemed to give a realistic answer stating that the car was scheduled to be finished that day or tomorrow and off to be shipped which would be about 2 weeks.

At the moment still no vin. Last text from factory would put the total time at max 10 weeks, minimum 8

Quick question about the variation in delivery times. I've been checking the VINs posted on the delivery spreadsheets and I notice some are getting their cars delivered within 4 weeks from original configuration and some are waiting 8+ weeks and still have no VINs assigned. VINs are now in the 780K range, so does that mean if you receive a vehicle with a much lower VIN range now, that it may be a vehicle that was previously declined by a customer? Just curious.