Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone receive this text? If so, what’s the wait time between receiving the text and picking up your M3? I’m scheduled for pickup on Monday, but received a text Wednesday and Thursday that it’s arriving early-just no date yet. Calls/messages to SC have gone unanswered.

Tesla Update - Get ready to meet your Model 3!

Because deliveries are currently touchless or minimal contact, please get to know your Model 3 prior to your upcoming delivery by watching these videos at tesla.com/support/meet-your-tesla

I just got this text. My delivery is scheduled for Tuesday 9-15.

Reactions: HTWOMS
I noticed my exact model is In Inventory now in my area. Is it worth calling my SA to try and get matched with one of the inventory vehicles?

After further investigation, seems like it was the same config but with a white interior. I'd be lying if I didn't consider paying the extra $1k so I can get the car sooner, but will probably just sit tight.

What issues did you have with if? That is if you don’t mind sharing.

Someone had curbed it so bad that the right front tire was sliced open and the rim was jacked up with yellow paint on it. There was a white scuff on the drivers side quarter panel and one rear window had a bunch of small abrasions. They had already submitted service requests and were changing the tire/rim, but I just wasn’t comfortable after thinking about it while waiting. Interior was perfect.

I didn’t go into it with any type of checklist or even thinking that rejecting was a real possibility, but it was just too much to get into off the bat service wise for me. It was likely going to have to be in the shop a couple of weeks for the paint, so figured I might as well get back in the queue.

Just ordered m3 in the UK from new inventory (same configuration available in my city).

I have the VIN on my invoice. Next steps we they’ll reach out to me for payment.

Any idea how long I should expect to wait before I can collect? Days or weeks?

Thanks

Someone had curbed it so bad that the right front tire was sliced open and the rim was jacked up with yellow paint on it. There was a white scuff on the drivers side quarter panel and one rear window had a bunch of small abrasions. They had already submitted service requests and were changing the tire/rim, but I just wasn’t comfortable after thinking about it while waiting. Interior was perfect.

I didn’t go into it with any type of checklist or even thinking that rejecting was a real possibility, but it was just too much to get into off the bat service wise for me. It was likely going to have to be in the shop a couple of weeks for the paint, so figured I might as well get back in the queue.
Ouch! Thats painful! What state/country was this in?

Got my winter wheels today! Photos don’t do them justice!
81AEE9A6-16AD-43B8-AD02-90C8B8B1BE57.jpeg
657782C3-2948-48B3-8A33-AA9F3F000618.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: talkingtiki

Sorry to hear that! Did they say they can get you another one quick?

After further investigation, seems like it was the same config but with a white interior. I'd be lying if I didn't consider paying the extra $1k so I can get the car sooner, but will probably just sit tight.
They will probably just give you a excuse saying it’s not actually there and has not left the factory like they did for me when I wanted to pick up the exact same Spec car that showed up on their site at the location. My order is 2 weeks late also.

They will probably just give you a excuse saying it’s not actually there and has not left the factory like they did for me when I wanted to pick up the exact same Spec car that showed up on their site at the location. My order is 2 weeks late also.

My SA did mention something similar that they were "pre production" vehicles and that I was already soft matched with another VIN.
Anyway, a moot point as it sounds most people should be receiving their vehicles in the next week or two.

Reactions: ropogigio724
My SA did mention something similar that they were "pre production" vehicles and that I was already soft matched with another VIN.
Anyway, a moot point as it sounds most people should be receiving their vehicles in the next week or two.

They just did this same thing to me today? Pretty crazy.

I am jealous of your patience
Indeed. But I guess, Tesla is showing their gold standard customer service they’re known for. “Sorry, Pal, I know you’ve been waiting for your car for weeks, and we damaged your car. That’s fine that you don’t want it. But we don’t know when we’ll get another one. Don’t call us, we’ll call you. I’ll talk to my manager to see if we can throw you a free water bottle for the inconvenience.”

Reactions: ropogigio724
Indeed. But I guess, Tesla is showing their gold standard customer service they’re known for. “Sorry, Pal, I know you’ve been waiting for your car for weeks, and we damaged your car. That’s fine that you don’t want it. But we don’t know when we’ll get another one. Don’t call us, we’ll call you. I’ll talk to my manager to see if we can throw you a free water bottle for the inconvenience.”
Eh not really how it was handled. They apologized and were understanding. I’ve since heard from the operations manager at the service center. Believe me - this is definitely not how I envisioned my day going, and I’m disappointed that I was even presented the car with these issues, but I’m confident they’ll do everything in their control to ensure the next one is perfect.

Reactions: valaeyron