Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1621542986042.png

Well then....

Is anyone actually getting VINs right now? From looking at the spreadsheet it seems people either ordered way back in the last quarter and have received their cars, or they ordered in April/May and are still waiting. I ordered an SR+ on May 1st and my estimated date has been moving around, mostly in the second half of June.
I too ordered SR on 4/23 and have yet to receive VIN even with work around. My estimated date is 6/5-6-25. Impossible to get insurance without VIN. I have owned Porsche, Mercedes and Audi and this is the most Mickey Mouse process I have ever seen. Crappy website, only disappointment along the way. Delivery will be a relief rather than an exciting day

I too ordered SR on 4/23 and have yet to receive VIN even with work around. My estimated date is 6/5-6-25. Impossible to get insurance without VIN. I have owned Porsche, Mercedes and Audi and this is the most Mickey Mouse process I have ever seen. Crappy website, only disappointment along the way. Delivery will be a relief rather than an exciting day
To be fair (having owned Porsche before), all the other manufacturers you mentioned (aside from VERY specific models) always produce more vehicles than are sold—enough so that they have vehicles sitting on lots/in storage. Tesla is polar opposite of that at the moment.

**obviously vehicles like the 918 are the exception**

To be fair (having owned Porsche before), all the other manufacturers you mentioned (aside from VERY specific models) always produce more vehicles than are sold—enough so that they have vehicles sitting on lots/in storage. Tesla is polar opposite of that at the moment.

**obviously vehicles like the 918 are the exception**
That is not my point. Even my eyeglasses order gives me updates as to where we are in production. With Tesla-order and wait.