Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a call from Tesla today. It was an Edinburgh number. Nice bloke called Jacob. He advised that the car was located in Newcastle. My car was originally scheduled for delivery to Leeds. They are happy for me to go and collect but I declined as it's a 4 hour round trip. I said I am happy to collect from Leeds or delivered as per the original method. He said that was fine and they would contact me in due course but couldn't guarantee how soon that would be. He mentioned a lot of cars for northern customers were in Newcastle as Leeds has very limited parking and is at capacity. As much as I'd like a nice new garden ornament, I think the 4 hours isn't worth it.

• Informative
Reactions: BushtrimmmerJr
Had a lovely email from a Tesl rep in Edinburgh. Happy to swap my car for one they have on site if I have urgent need. Else currently assigned car is in Southampton and will come up to Edinburgh at some point. I replied that I was happy to wait. Anyone else needing one from Edinburgh urgently, looks like you may be in luck.

Reactions: Mr H
I've had a very good experience with Tesla UK this week...
  • Sold previous car at end Feb & ordered a Model 3 LR with 19" wheels, 'due' May-June (...but knowing Tesla I 'expected' it sometime later)
  • Went to USA March-April to visit our Daughter (owns an X since 2018, previously had an S & I've driven a couple of 3's there in the past) ....visit should have been for longer but had to return early due to Corona & UK Gov't advice.
  • Return journey was routed to a different UK location but a hire car got us back eventually. At home wife had a letter telling she'd been re-registered with her former NHS hospital (we are retired)
  • Called local SC with this info/no car at home for her to use .... nothing was too much trouble & they quickly found an inventory or cancelled car to the spec we wanted in a different UK location (they called me, no chasing)
  • Next morning paid in full & provided proof of payment to Tesla by email.
  • Same day numerous calls, email, updates etc from various Tesla people (in all of these they contacted me with accurate info)
  • Next afternoon (yesterday) delivered to my home 4pm with 90% charge, cleaned, prepped & almost perfect (a few minor issues reported, told all will be resolved in due course once I report via app & if UK ever returns to normal)
  • All in all - phoned SC 1st April, delivered 3rd April. Great service!
  • The only issue was a delay at DVLA uploading registration details (reduced staffing) so we could obtain insurance by Monday, this was the only stressful part.
  • Needless to say it is sorted for next week as needed. Extremely impressed with Tesla UK & their response (to be fair this is as our Daughter has always found Tesla USA to be and our UK SC have been every bit as good)

.....Tesla sometimes get a bad press for poor and confusing information but I have to say they have been faultless in this instance. As for the car, I checked every detail I could on it this morning and overall quality seems pretty good (Teslas are rarely perfect & I accept that, the paintwork is fine apart from a trapped dust blob on the offside mirror which will be replaced by a new moulding and an interior ceiling trim which is misaligned slightly)
TQFM85J.jpg

One other issue which maybe more experienced forum members could comment on....

Software has updated twice since last evening: 2020.8.2 & 2020.8.3 but with Autopilot included in my LR spec I don't see anything about summon or auto park - do I have the latest hardware chip or perhaps an older version that doesn't allow that because of shortages from China in Q1? (my VIN ends xxx726). Surely I should see some reference to summon in the settings?... not that I dare use it having watched a few flaky videos on YouTube a while back.

Reactions: Noddy2

Software has updated twice since last evening: 2020.8.2 & 2020.8.3 but with Autopilot included in my LR spec I don't see anything about summon or auto park - do I have the latest hardware chip or perhaps an older version that doesn't allow that because of shortages from China in Q1? (my VIN ends xxx726). Surely I should see some reference to summon in the settings?... not that I dare use it having watched a few flaky videos on YouTube a while back.

Unless you ordered "Full Self Driving" on top (for ~£6k) you don't have autopark or summon.

Autopilot is just adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist.

[QUOTE="Drew57, post: 4617021, member: 133507"

• .....Tesla sometimes get a bad press for poor and confusing information but I have to say they have been faultless in this instance.
.[/QUOTE]

It's times like these that certain companies shine whereas others fall flat on their backs - i think there will be a lot of companies going out of business after this crisis and bad customer service will be a deciding factor.

• Sold previous car at end Feb & ordered a Model 3 LR with 19" wheels, 'due' May-June (...but knowing Tesla I 'expected' it sometime later)
  • Went to USA March-April to visit our Daughter (owns an X since 2018, previously had an S & I've driven a couple of 3's there in the past) ....visit should have been for longer but had to return early due to Corona & UK Gov't advice.
  • Return journey was routed to a different UK location but a hire car got us back eventually. At home wife had a letter telling she'd been re-registered with her former NHS hospital (we are retired)
  • Called local SC with this info/no car at home for her to use .... nothing was too much trouble & they quickly found an inventory or cancelled car to the spec we wanted in a different UK location (they called me, no chasing)
  • Same day numerous calls, email, updates etc from various Tesla people (in all of these they contacted me with accurate info)
  • Next afternoon (yesterday) delivered to my home 4pm with 90% charge, cleaned, prepped & almost perfect (a few minor issues reported, told all will be resolved in due course once I report via app & if UK ever returns to normal)
  • The only issue was a delay at DVLA uploading registration details (reduced staffing) so we could obtain insurance by Monday, this was the only stressful part.
  • Needless to say it is sorted for next week as needed. Extremely impressed with Tesla UK & their response (to be fair this is as our Daughter has always found Tesla USA to be and our UK SC have been every bit as good)

.....Tesla sometimes get a bad press for poor and confusing information but I have to say they have been faultless in this instance. As for the car, I checked every detail I could on it this morning and overall quality seems pretty good (Teslas are rarely perfect & I accept that, the paintwork is fine apart from a trapped dust blob on the offside mirror which will be replaced by a new moulding and an interior ceiling trim which is misaligned slightly)
TQFM85J.jpg

Summon is worthless in UK at moment. UK law not the software to blame

Quite liking "The Midnight" as well

TQFM85J.jpg

You should at least have the summon option if fsd was installed. You will need to chase Tesla about that. Can you see navigate on autopilot ? If you do not have navigate on autopilot then fsd is not installed.

TQFM85J.jpg

You mentioned “autopilot included in my spec”... do you have autopilot (included in all cars) or Full Self Driving (optional extra £££). You only get summon with FSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.