TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Orders and Deliveries

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by RjbT3, Jul 14, 2019.

1. s88ats

s88ats Member

Buying the car without tracking ships? (thank you for your services btw). Perhaps getting the car in the same month the order was placed?

It's definitely made buying a Tesla a memorable experience for me. Glad others are in the same boat (pardon the pun).

2. MattC

MattC Member

VIN ended in 749145 I believe.

3. Carl_SG

Carl_SG Member

keep your eyes pealed folks, especialy on inventory!

4. MadScientist

MadScientist Member

#7744 MadScientist, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    The key thing though is, will the latest Model 3s have the new door open-button graphic that the Model Ys have? (If you don’t know what I’m talking about see the latest Tesla Time News about 8 min in)

5. Jon L

Jon L Member

My car arrived today - I can confirm I got USB C and Wrieless charging. My VIN was 75. Feel a bit mixed. Paint looks great apart from a scratch inside the drivers door frame. Panel gaps alright as is door alignment. Rear wheel arch has either a lump of paint or weld on the bottom of it. So a little bit mixed.

• Helpful x 4
    • Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. Scan Man

Scan Man Member

35 SR+ and P's on inventory at the moment, no LR though. Do they make the three different models in batches and ship them over?

Hopefully, RCC Asia has a shed load of LR's onboard.

7. KJRowe6

KJRowe6 Member

They sorting it for you Jon? Thanks for heads up on wireless. I will be bringing mine back to Blofield Heath on Sat, hoping for as few issues as possible

8. MattC

MattC Member

QQ to those receiving Tesla’s this week/next, are you switching to something like Octopus Energy? Any guidance on best provider for charging?

9. bapodra

bapodra Member

Yes Octopus Energy seems to be the go to provider. I too just switched from British Gas and I was a loyal customer of 16 years!

It’s really good value and green energy and there are referral links that get you £50 credit and same for the person who referred you.

If you have a smart meter then you can go for the plan that allows 5p k/w during 12am-7am.

If not, sign up and then request a smart meter and then you can switch to the tariff.

10. s88ats

s88ats Member

I crunched the figures on my usage with octopus and my previous provider and the difference without my EV was enough to warrant the change. I'm waiting for my smart meter to be installed to then switch over to their agile tariff, which I'll then benefit from their reduced rates price at certain times, and it can hit negative numbers (ie you're paid to use your electric).
    Even if you don't switch to agile, go seems a reasonable tariff too. However once again you'll need a smart meter.
    Hope that helps.

11. Medved_77

Medved_77 TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD

Have a look at their beta tariffs, Go, Agile and Tracker.

You'll need to sign up to their standard tariff to start with but can switch over to Go or Agile once you have a compatible smart meter installed.

Agile rates change every 30 minutes so you can plan your car charging around the cheapest times and use the ev.energy app to manage this.

My electricity bills are now less than before I had an electric car purely because I'm taking more of an interest in how to consume it smartly.

• Like x 1
  12. JupiterMan

JupiterMan Member

12:30 - 4:30 am

• Like x 3
  13. Jonboythered

Jonboythered Member

Yes, picking up on Tuesday and switched over at the start of this month and get smart meter installed on the 24th so I can move onto Octopus Go tariff. They’ve been faultless during the switch and don’t forget to use someone’s referral so both parties get £50 credited to their account.

14. bapodra

bapodra Member

Got my Amazon order in for some accessories for the car!

• Like x 1
  15. MadScientist

MadScientist Member

Are there any must-have accessories? The only thing I’ve got so far is a set of jack pucks.

16. bapodra

bapodra Member

I ordered the following;
    • hinffinity Aero Wheel Cap Kit for Tesla MODEL X S 3 Wheel Hub Kit (4 Hub Center Cover + 20 Ear Nut Cover)
    • BougeRV Custom Fit Cup and Center Console Liners (BlackTrim)
    • BougeRV Center Console Organizer Tray, Storage Box with Sunglasses and Coin Holder
    • Control Screen Protector Tempered Glass Touch Screen Protector, 9H Anti-scratch and Shock Resistant for Model 3 (HD)
    • Naliovker Key Card Holder For Tesla Model 3, Anti-Dust Light Leather With Keychain
    Just need to find some boot and frunk mats.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  17. geordie12

geordie12 Member

Woop just got my text,,,,picking up on 9th of Sept!

• Like x 2
  18. rockafunked

rockafunked Member

Hi all

New here - just wanted to share that I put in an order for a red M3LR with 19" wheels on 7 August, and got a delivery confirmation via text moments ago. Picking up 11 September.

Hilariously fast or hilarious lucky?

• Like x 2
  19. Draegar

Draegar New Member

20. Jonboythered

Jonboythered Member

Torque Alliance do good trunk and frunk mats. Got my trunk mat last week and great quality and came very fast from Holland. Not sure if the fit yet as don’t get my car till Tuesday but it’s got great reviews

• Like x 1