Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 page on Tesla site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot believe this!
There are people that want to know right now, if their M3 will be delivered on tuesday may21 2018 at 10:43AM or 2 days later at 4:16PM?(just looked)

Haven't seen anyone post that here or heard it anywhere else. Maybe its the talk on the street in Berlin?

I have seen people ask for what number their order was from 1-400,000 (+/-). As you may be aware there are many factors noted by Tesla that will affect delivery when that begins in a year or two. All Tesla can share with customers now is what number they are in the numeric line up.

Customers made Tesla a huge hit, likely made it a few billion dollars in stock and investments by creating such a phenom with the orders. Least Tesla could do is share with the customers who created the windfall of cash and positive PR. It would be good customer relations for Tesla.

Ah...so they do know WHEN you placed your order. Previous sentence you said they didn't knows this.
I guess you forgot what you had originally written:
The ONLY thing Tesla knows is your place in line,
They don't know your place in line.
They only know the date & time of your order and your billing address.

You keep asking for some sort of line placement number. If all you want to know is when you placed your reservation... well hell, you were there, weren't you? If it was that important to you, why didn't you write it down?

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq
I guess you forgot what you had originally written:
They don't know your place in line.
They only know the date & time of your order and your billing address.

You keep asking for some sort of line placement number. If all you want to know is when you placed your reservation... well hell, you were there, weren't you? If it was that important to you, why didn't you write it down?
I don't think that's the "line" everyone is concerned about. lol

Where in line am I to receive my M3? Chicago has 3 Tesla Stores. Where in line am I to receive my M3 in Chicago or the Midwest knowing that current MS owners and/or employees may be more privileged than me?

Last edited:
He basically wants Tesla to do the following:
SELECT id FROM reservations WHERE name = 'EaglesPDX'
All reservations probably went into a single central database and every point of data has a unique number based on the order the entries have been added. If the ordering process was slow and crashed a lot during the first few days it's because the data has to go into a single database and no two entries can have the same ID.
It's very easy to query that info if you have access to the data but I hope they never release that information.
I've ordered in May and it would be too frustrating seeing everyone else's low reservation ID. That way I can still dream that geography trumps number in line and they'll just add my car to the first batch that goes out to the first reservation holders in southern Germany.

Reactions: MissAutobahn
A major part of when they get their car per Tesla.
Do you have a source for this?
Tesla Motors.

Yes, in your post that I quoted you stated that it was Tesla Motors that should have said that. When I asked about a source I was expecting a link to a place where Tesla Motors have said that, or to video or interview where someone official from Tesla Motors had given this statement. So far the only source we have is you claiming that Tesla have given this statement.

Remember how Tesla had an elaborate and highly publicized opening order day. If you waited in line at stores you were first in the order line and would be first to get your T3.
Yes, when you put in your reservation would determine when you get to order/specify/finalize your car order - after things like employee/owner/non-owner - west cost/east cost/NA/other locations. But that has something to do with "timestamp" not "queue number". You do know when you put in your reservation?

I don't think that's the "line" everyone is concerned about. lol

Where in line am I to receive my M3? Chicago has 3 Tesla Stores. Where in line am I to receive my M3 in Chicago or the Midwest knowing that current MS owners and/or employees may be more privileged than me?

Why would you expect that they know your exact place in line right now? When the time comes, they'll need to work out a proper delivery schedule, but right now I'd be stunned if they had that. That's step 137. They're on step 22.

But that has something to do with "timestamp" not "queue number". You do know when you put in your reservation?

The time stamp is your queue number. Everyone is in one line right now based up the timestamp when Tesla received their order. It would customer friendly of Tesla to tell us our line number since it was such a huge and positive event for Tesla, one created by the 400K plus customers at a cost of $1,000.

The time stamp is your queue number.
No link to a source? Well, I conclude you did not have a source. And if you know when you put in that reservation, then you have the timestamp, and know your "queue number" ;)

Everyone is in one line right now
I do not think so, but no one outside of Tesla knows for sure... I think we have a lot of different "lines". On for employees, one for owners and one for none-owners. And each of this lines is again divided by regions/states/nations etc... Not until you get to the lowest level of threads the timestamp will have any significance. That is my guess anyway....

Why would you expect that they know your exact place in line right now? When the time comes, they'll need to work out a proper delivery schedule, but right now I'd be stunned if they had that. That's step 137. They're on step 22.
This is what I'm told is next according to the Tesla Website:

Your Model 3 was reserved on 3/31/2016. Deliveries will begin in late 2017. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation. If you have any questions, please refer to our FAQ. We invite you to submit suggestions or feedback within our forums. Engage with other future owners to share your excitement or ideas. To withdraw your reservation, you may request a cancellation.

Here is an article.
Tesla Motors Says Model 3 Deliveries Will Be Staggered, Starting In California And Moving East

They know exactly when my reservation went in. There is a timestamp pertaining to ALL of our reservations. They know exactly when they received each of our $1000.

Here's my guess. I think they will allow most, if not all, that reserved...say in the first month after the reveal to CONFIGURE at the same time. Production and delivery however will be staggered by region.

Wouldn't surprise me if they just opened up the design studio to everyone at the same time, probably at the second reveal. How else are they going to know who wants a base model $35K car and who wants to max it out?

Dan

Wouldn't surprise me if they just opened up the design studio to everyone at the same time, probably at the second reveal. How else are they going to know who wants a base model $35K car and who wants to max it out?
The same way they did it with the Model S and X:
Open the configuration to a "batch" of reservation-holder based on localization - SIG - none-SIG - reservation-date, then put the cars in "production queue" based finalize timestamp + configuration options (and then batch the cars based on some configuration options like color or something). So anyone that will order a stripped car will get the design studio at the same time as if they would have ordered a fully loaded PxxD, but will have to wait longer between finalizing and receiving the car.

Here's my guess. I think they will allow most, if not all, that reserved...say in the first month after the reveal to CONFIGURE at the same time. Production and delivery however will be staggered by region.

Dan

I already hear Elon say at the reveal2: "so, that's it, what you're going to drive! configuration is open now!"

For production ramp up it also could be clever to see a long time before delivery what configurations will be the most. Suppliers could produce faster maybe...