Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 page on Tesla site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did have a reservation for a ticket to T3, I was sorely disappointed about how much it sucked compared to T2

Terminator-3-1.jpg

All things being equal...
But they aren't equal. Or, put another way, any one persons number is a small part of detemination of when they get their car.

What Tesla can do now out of respect for customers commitment to Tesla, is to provide customers with their order number. There is every reason to do it and the only reason not to do is Tesla has no respect for its customers.
I'd be interested in knowing what are all the reasons that TM should do it? And no, you can't use "respect", respect is nebulous term people end up using when they think they are owed something but have no other way to justify it. I think they are repsecting their customers by not giving them some meaningless number that a great many will just agonize over and, in many cases, end up contacting TM to tell them why they think their number is wrong. Why should Tesla spend all the time and effort involved in telling everyone that contacts them that it's just a number and only a piece of the final calculation on when you get your car?

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
I hope Tesla Motors structures Model 3 deliveries in a way that makes the most sense for them. When my configure time arrives, I expect they will tell me when the car will be available. I don't need any more than that. Well, except I would like a real, physical Model 3 to sit in prior to committing to check for adequate headroom.
Robin

Reactions: Mark C
But they aren't equal. Or, put another way, any one persons number is a small part of detemination of when they get their car.

A major part of when they get their car per Tesla.

I'd be interested in knowing what are all the reasons that TM should do it?

Good customer relations. Customers paid $1,000 waited inline and online to put in their reservations and in doing so created a marketing phenomenon for Tesla. Customers did something great for Tesla, the least Tesla could do is tell them what number the customers were in doing such good things for Tesla.

Instead Tesla is treating customers like an enemy who will use the information to hurt or annoy Tesla.

No one is asking for delivery dates.

All people are asking for is what they paid for, a place in line which has a very specific and unique time/date stamp.

All people are asking for is what they paid for, a place in line which has a very specific and unique time/date stamp.
Since that was never offered, and Musk was very clear that delivery times and queue would be in flux, it would be quite silly for any reservation holder to ask for a unique date/stamp.

I certainly did not.

It is obvious that you are not well informed. Rather than throw out nonsense, I recommend just asking questions.

Musk was very clear that delivery times and queue would be in flux,

No one is asking for delivery times since the car is not even in production.

What people are asking for is what is their number in line based on date/time stamp of order received. Since those orders created such a boon for Tesla, it is the least Tesla can do in return for customer confidence and $1,000. It is bizarre that Tesla does not tell people their number in line. They did at one point and then stopped, showing much less confidence in their customers than Tesla customers showed in them.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: SageBrush
A major part of when they get their car per Tesla.
Do you have a source for this? I have not seen any quote from Tesla officials that says that the this reservation number has anything to do with when you get to configure and/or gets delivery of an Model 3.

All I have seen is that the time when you gets to configure is based on:
Employee, Owner, None-owners
West cost -> East cost -> then other locations
Date of reservation (here I assume also "time" of reservation may play in, but that is not stated from Tesla as far as I have seen).

Deliveries will depend on when the orders is finalized and what options you have selected.

Nowhere in this list is any "line number" or "reservation number" or anything like that. I do hope, as stated above, that the full timestamp of the reservation will be taking into account, but I have not seen anything from Tesla to verify this. And for the time we could find this number at the "my Tesla page" we found that there is some who got "out of order numbers". I hope for their sake that this number have nothing to do for when you get to configure. For my own sake I would like it to have it count, as I got a number well under any number got in the NA ;)

I don't really know how Tesla is going to deliver their M3's.

People on the east coast were the first to reserve in the US. Then the Midwest......then...then people on the west coast. However I hear that the folks in California will get first deliveries and the east coast get the last deliveries. Oh well.

Maybe "line waiters" competed for first deliveries within their own regions.

Anyway...its well over a year to go, so....

I would think that deliveries will be by region by configuration. But the monkey wrench in that mix is the bump up that current model S\X owners get when placing model 3 orders. Does anyone know whether that is still in effect even now? Can a current model S owner place a 3 order today and get his/her 3 before I do (waited in line for 3 hours at Bethesda, Md store pre-reveal). That would annoy me to some small extent. No where near enough to cancel mind you. Looking forward to driving my model 3 into retirement.

1. Your reservation is the time/date stamp.
2. Your time/date place in line is all Tesla can tell you about your reservation.
3. Tesla should tell you your place in line,

As many others have stated before Tesla doesn't know my place in line so its a mute point to begin with.
Just take a look at many other previous threads for the S and X where this same topic came up. Why do you believe it will change for the Model 3 especially with the
addition of Tesla and SpaceX employees able to jump the line, along with current owners getting preference? Then add in the complication of delivering cars from west to east. Even when they open up the design studio we still won't know our place in line although at least we'll be getting closer to knowing our delivery dates!

It is not so much that there is not a 'line', but that there are an undetermined number of 'sub-lines' dependent on geography, order size, configuration, geography and reservation timing. Moreover, the sub-lines themselves are in flux. And since no one has configured their car yet, that should tell OP something.

Like, his demand is silly.

This was all mentioned by Musk, and has been this way with every model release.

Do you have a source for this?

Tesla Motors. Remember how Tesla had an elaborate and highly publicized opening order day. If you waited in line at stores you were first in the order line and would be first to get your T3. After that it was first come first served with caveats we all knew up front. But the basis is when order was placed. If tow PDX'ers order the same car, the one who got their order in first will get his or her car first.

As many others have stated before Tesla doesn't know my place in line so its a mute point to begin with.

The ONLY thing Tesla knows is your place in line, where your order is relative to every other order based on time/date received. Since the customer's ordering of the T3's was such a huge plus event for Tesla, Tesla should at least tell its customers what it can, what number was their order.

Nothing about deliver dates which people keep trying to inject. Tesla can tell you nothing about deliver dates, just whether your were the 2nd to order or the 392,000 to order.

There is evidence that they do NOT know this.

How could Tesla not know when they received your order. It has to have a date/time stamp.

What they do know is WHEN you placed your order,

Ah...so they do know WHEN you placed your order. Previous sentence you said they didn't knows this.

So Tesla should tell people where they are in line based on when they placed their order. Were you No. 1 or No. 400,000.