Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went and read into a few of the M3 Highland waiting rooms to gauge reasonable expectations with timing until a vin and it's truly humbling. Us M3P folks are only a little over 2 weeks out from release. We're all just a bunch of excited puppies. The M3 Highland folks who finally got vins after months of waiting.... it's like they've been through hell and back.

Ordered on 4/30, Red/black, South Florida, EDD updated earlier today from June to July 26 - September 6

View attachment 1045778

Good thing I didn't submit a lease application, that would have been a guaranteed additional hard credit pull when the lease quote expires and I still dotn have a car. What sucks is the estimated lease payment with taxes and fees on the day I ordered was $648. The calculator on the site is now showing $685. If this BS lease rate keeps climbing, when I finally do get assigned a VIN, I may have to cancel and donate $250 to Elon.....
IIRC pricing is locked in the day you placed your ordered.

I went and read into a few of the M3 Highland waiting rooms to gauge reasonable expectations with timing until a vin and it's truly humbling. Us M3P folks are only a little over 2 weeks out from release. We're all just a bunch of excited puppies. The M3 Highland folks who finally got vins after months of waiting.... it's like they've been through hell and back.
my original march order was an sr with white interior. i imagine i would still be waiting on that particular trim had i’d not switched to the performance. in the big picture i guess i haven’t been waiting too long

Reactions: jv92red
IIRC pricing is locked in the day you placed your ordered.

I mean yeah pricing on the CAR is locked in, but that doesnt mean the interest rate / money factor wont change.

There is likely a rate lock of "some time" (either 30 or more likely 60 days) but if someone is planning on leasing or financing, and rates keep going up, any rate lock / application CAN expire, and that can make the cost of the car payment to someone higher even if the price of the car doesnt change.

Wait, you were able to make your final payment today without having a VIN assigned? How's that possible?
Yeah not sure. See attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0620.png
    IMG_0620.png
    267.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0621.png
    IMG_0621.png
    323.7 KB · Views: 2
Mine doesn't show a way to pay anything yet. My expected dates are May 13 - June 10. I'm waiting to hear back on the trade in. Maybe that's why? I'm paying cash so everything else is "complete". Maybe I should cancel the trade in since I've heard they're delayed on making final offers

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Mine doesn't show a way to pay anything yet. My expected dates are May 13 - June 10. I'm waiting to hear back on the trade in. Maybe that's why? I'm paying cash so everything else is "complete". Maybe I should cancel the trade in since I've heard they're delayed on making final offers
The trade offer will be ridiculously low in all likelihood. Their offer for my 2022 Model 3 Performance was insulting. I just clicked the button that said “No trade in”. Then it let me make the final payment.

The trade offer will be ridiculously low in all likelihood. Their offer for my 2022 Model 3 Performance was insulting. I just clicked the button that said “No trade in”. Then it let me make the final payment.
They offered me $31500 initially as an estimate for a '23 with 25k miles. I'm thinking to let my daughter drive it until the Y LR prices drop some, so I'll cancel my trade too.

You can ask them to finish the trade in offer. I texted my sales person in app and it was done in 3 minutes.

• Helpful