Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hopefully this is not true, first person to say the suspension is more comfortable on the LR and so are the seats….
Of course the LR is more comfortable. The suspension is softer than the old Model 3s, making it more comfortable. Soft suspension is not what people who want to get a performance vehicle wants. Also the wheels are bigger with thinner tire sidewalls. Just put smaller wheels and more tire and it should increase the "comfort" level.

Last edited:
My EDD has been stuck at 7/12-8/23 soon after ordering 5/1. I thought keeping up with this thread (which moves crazy fast by the way) would help pass the time. However all these owners and a recent reviewer having such great things to say about it is making the wait worse. I may need to just forget about it for a while.

Reactions: Sandee3
Of course the LR is more comfortable. The suspension is softer than the old Model 3s, making it more comfortable. Soft suspension is not what people who want to get a performance vehicle wants.

I did not like how much roll the LR had in tight corners, and preferred the suspension in the 2023 M3p much more.

Most normal non-enthusiasts would be better suited with the LR suspension, I like to drive a bit more spiritedly and am glad I waited for the M3p instead of 'settling' for the LR which is more expensive lol.

I did not like how much roll the LR had in tight corners, and preferred the suspension in the 2023 M3p much more.

Most normal non-enthusiasts would be better suited with the LR suspension, I like to drive a bit more spiritedly and am glad I waited for the M3p instead of 'settling' for the LR which is more expensive lol.
Yeah, I never could understand how people like floaty cars. Neither my wife or I like feeling out of touch with our vehicle. Sure it might be nice to have a less bumpy ride, but feeling out of touch with the vehicle is far more uncomfortable to me than bouncing a little bit when the road is rough.

Ordered within 45 min of release. Car born W 5/22 late PM. VIN came Thursday. Car has 4 miles on it and already in NV on train as of yesterday. Delivery window 6/7-14. Train goes to NJ and trucked from there to Boston area.

How are you able to tell how many miles are on it? Also current location?

The only way to get all that information, including the "born on" date, is from a sales advisor that is willing to provide it all. Getting it all from a faceless SA on the other side of a text message is probably "not gonna happen".

For both of my Teslas, I made contact with my local Tesla store, chatted up one of the SAs, and had that information about my orders. @Raechris either has a very very friendly SA over text, has gone to a store local to them to get that information, or has a friend who works for Tesla and gave them that information.

I say all that to "try" to tell people not to expect to message a random SA and get all that information (however, once you get a vin assigned to you, if you reply to the text and ask " thanks, can you tell me the "born on, date" (which is the actual date assigned to the car as its birthday / day it was made), they will likely tell you.