Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just watched that Out of Spec review. WOW. This car really seems to be near perfect and continues to meet or exceed all expectations from everyone who drives it. This is the best video of the new M3P yet. For everyone waiting go watch it. I'm so excited to get mine.

Same. It's really fun to see an actual video review from an enthusiast/YouTuber. Makes me even more excited to get mine eventually.

back to normal now BUT if anyone wants to sort the sheet, please make a copy
making a copy is not scalable, since then everyone will start having deprecated copies around... the real solution for this is to use Filter Views which, unlike Filters, ONLY filter it for you, temporarily.

so please use Data > Create filter view then you can filter and sort to your heart's content without affecting anyone else!

cc @ashegam

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 11.29.19 AM.png

making a copy is not scalable, since then everyone will start having deprecated copies around... the real solution for this is to use Filter Views which, unlike Filters, ONLY filter it for you, temporarily.

so please use Data > Create filter view then you can filter and sort to your heart's content without affecting anyone else!

cc @ashegam

View attachment 1051366
Yup, this is the way!

I got to sit in an M3P after test driving a highland today. The seats are real and they are spectacular.

btw, i've sorted the sheet by order date, since it seems the most reasonable (it was sorted by ext color before, but you can see that better on the charts)...

also, mini rant that i ordered on 4/30 (UR/W, San Francisco), and i'm still one of only 3 of us in the tracker that have October in their EDD, which is also the latest date 😭 (i know EDDs are hella random, but still) </rant>
Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 11.43.13 AM.png

Can someone explain how people have gotten information regarding their vehicle prior to VIN assignment? I’ve asked SAs at multiple stores for information, but both have said there is no information they can provide me prior to a VIN being assigned.

In both cases they gave me an estimated delivery date, which has been inaccurate and likely -1 of the EDD midpoint. The former was an estimated delivery of 5/24 and obviously was not the case.

As it’s been noted in the thread, it does seem like SAs dont know much, and the information they give us is as reliable as our EDDs.

Can someone explain how people have gotten information regarding their vehicle prior to VIN assignment? I’ve asked SAs at multiple stores for information, but both have said there is no information they can provide me prior to a VIN being assigned.

In both cases they gave me an estimated delivery date, which has been inaccurate and likely -1 of the EDD midpoint. The former was an estimated delivery of 5/24 and obviously was not the case.

As it’s been noted in the thread, it does seem like SAs dont know much, and the information they give us is as reliable as our EDDs.
Correct, as I pointed out in a post way back, Service Advisors at Service Centers have no more information on your car then you do. They do have information on if there are any 3P with VIN and headed to their SC. Once you get a VIN on your car, then they can give you updates on the status and anticipated time lines.

Reactions: agnzt
Man I keep checking hourly for a VIN but nothing! My EDD window keeps shrinking daily, but thankfully not pushed out yet. Here’s what its been like the last 3 days:

May 25 - June 7
May 26 - June 7
May 27 - June 7

I think maybe because of my proximity to Fremont, they will just assign me a VIN last minute and give me 3 days to come pick it up.
My EDD window still narrowing, now May 28 - June 7. Not pushed yet!

All Tesla Service Centers have Superchargers. I know of a Service Center in Paramus, NJ that has a full public Supercharger in its parking lot.

That's not true. The two I go to Mt. Kisco in NY and Millford, CT do not.

I think it might be more accurate to say "All service centers have some form of charger". I think some may only have Level 2 chargers / wall connectors.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
PNW update:
I visited Tesla Bellevue yesterday to check if I can see anything on the lot and asked for some insights.
They confirmed nobody got a delivery yet and nothing is preparing to be delivered. They only got 4-5 M3P for all showrooms so far.
Just received the above message via the app confirming the same info.

Hmmm. I know we'll never find out, but I am so curious as to why this is. I can only assume it has something to do with the method of transport they use for this region?

Looking at the handy-dandy tracker, while we all know it's not all-encompassing of course, it's telling to look at the line along the south border of OR/ID and go east alllll the way to IA/MN... and there's this gaping emptiness for VIN assignments.

What strikes me as even more odd is that OR/WA are both notorious EV adoption states (2 of the top 6 or so), so certainly wouldn't be because of lack of interest...

Not complaining of course, I'm just fascinated by it.

Reactions: xianking
btw, i've sorted the sheet by order date, since it seems the most reasonable (it was sorted by ext color before, but you can see that better on the charts)...

also, mini rant that i ordered on 4/30 (UR/W, San Francisco), and i'm still one of only 3 of us in the tracker that have October in their EDD, which is also the latest date 😭 (i know EDDs are hella random, but still) </rant>
View attachment 1051367
Once the MY deliveries ramp down and Juniper is announced, I hope there is a "grace" period where no deliveries take place and our M3P get prioritized and pumped out. Last time I checked in our showroom they were doing several dozen deliveries of MY. Until then a 4/23 order can come in November for all we know while a late May order can get a vin a few days later and delivery next week.

On a side note, it looks like almost 50% of all day one orders have been assigned VINs, with 10% of the unassigned VIN ones having an EDD potentially in August. Does it suck? Yeah it does, but it beats waiting months and paying 10k-15k+ over MSRP as opposed to the conventional way.
My EDD window still narrowing, now May 28 - June 7. Not pushed yet!
Anything can happen, I'm OG 4/23 order and went from EDD this week to July - August.

Reactions: Andrés Ornelas