Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance new 18 inch wheel option now avail 7/15/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
did anyone able to order one?
Yes, found one in stock locally and I put down the $2500 deposit yesterday and today I have received the text for a Saturday delivery. Unfortunately it looks like I am going to cancel my deposit as my trade-in seems to be worth way less than my current lease payoff. I have one last place to get a trade-in appraisal today but I doubt they can give me a significantly higher offer...

Attachments

• Screenshot (96).png
    Screenshot (96).png
    72 KB · Views: 168
Yes, found one in stock locally and I put down the $2500 deposit yesterday and today I have received the text for a Saturday delivery. Unfortunately it looks like I am going to cancel my deposit as my trade-in seems to be worth way less than my current lease payoff. I have one last place to get a trade-in appraisal today but I doubt they can give me a significantly higher offer...

which car are you trading in? another older Model 3?

I also found a performance model 3 at my closest service center and changed my deposit over to it. It was white with white interior. I called the 800 main number this morning and they kept telling me the price doesn't change with 18" wheels. Called closest service center and they took care of everything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190718-155803.png
    Screenshot_20190718-155803.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 151
Most locations have a assortment of LR Awd units in stock.
There prob wont be any custom orders as all they are doing is flipping a switch on their in stock units.
I have confirmation about this. My friend just ordered one. His is currently on a truck to his delivery location.
He was told it will be software loaded to be a performance model and a new badge installed.

Great sales tactic for them to move some LR Awd inventory.

Reactions: ElectricLee
InsideEVs is reporting this:

Update: We reached out to Tesla for clarification since this information came from "sources familiar with the matter." Tesla says customers can't order a new Model 3 Performance from the online configurator for $49,990. If you select or request the 18-inch Aero wheels, the price will remain at $54,990. Also, the changes made Monday assure that every Model 3 Performance comes standard with the Performance Upgrades Package, and that can't be "unbundled" off-menu. So, you'll automatically get the performance features, including Track Mode. It's additionally important to note that the Model 3 Performance continues to have more torque and more power than the regular Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor due to its unique inverter that carries more current from the battery to the motors.

Seems confusing. I thought I read that the 18" wheels can't fit over the larger brakes from the performance upgrade package.

I was just quoted $50,740 for a performance with black paint and 18" wheels. They said that they cannot swap to the 19" wheels "at this time". Specs show 3.2 0-60 and top speed of 162, so I believe the chart shown earlier is not correct.

It also looks is in stock in Littleton so I suspect they are software unlocking inventory AWD with 18" aeros, like @Schroeder0202 noted above.

I was just quoted $50,740 for a performance with black paint and 18" wheels. They said that they cannot swap to the 19" wheels "at this time". Specs show 3.2 0-60 and top speed of 162, so I believe the chart shown earlier is not correct.

It also looks is in stock in Littleton so I suspect they are software unlocking inventory AWD with 18" aeros, like @Schroeder0202 noted above.
Chart is right. The car is limited without the spoiler to 145 mph.