Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance new 18 inch wheel option now avail 7/15/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't see your image but maybe your car comes with the carbon fiber spoiler. Supposedly, it causes enough downforce to safely enable the car to get to 162 mph. Without it, they won't enable due to safety concerns.
That doesn't make any sense since a ton of original P owners have never received their spoilers. Also, many that did told the SC not to install and had not problems. Sorry the image didn't come through, but it has no spoiler, no brake calipers, etc. You also cannot order it with 19" wheels right now.

The chart is wrong.

Reactions: StealthP3D
and then there's this: Update From Tesla: No Tesla Model 3 Performance For Under $50K

View attachment 431308

Of course the statement they've issued makes no sense, but this is Tesla we're talking about
The statement makes no sense, but also says that you can't order from the "online configurator" for $49,990. Doesn't say for sure that you can't order it from a sales person.

I personally have a quote for $50,750 with black paint that I got about 2 hours ago. That makes the base $49,990.

I recently purchased a P+ and am feeling a bit ripped off. I wanted the acceleration and didn’t really care for the other features in the option. As far as I knew it cost 10K to get the feature.

In any case I wonder if this will eat into P+ sales.

I personally have a quote for $50,750 with black paint that I got about 2 hours ago. That makes the base $49,990.

I fully believe that. It may turn out to be a very good deal if the PUP being required will be true at some point in the near future ...on the other hand the price may drop another several thousand tomorrow. Or maybe it will go up tomorrow. Or maybe blue will be the new free color. Or maybe FSD will be $2k ...or $8k.

• Love
Reactions: alloverx
I fully believe that. It may turn out to be a very good deal if the PUP being required will be true at some point in the near future ...on the other hand the price may drop another several thousand tomorrow. Or maybe it will go up tomorrow. Or maybe blue will be the new free color. Or maybe FSD will be $2k ...or $8k.
All that might happen. Doesn't matter to me what the price does after I purchase, as long as I'm happy with the price at the time of purchase. I'm happy with the price I paid for my LR AWD 8 weeks ago. I just want a P without the 20" wheels.

That "statement from Tesla" might well be "Rando level 1 chat support guy at Tesla" which we all know means roughly nothing.
It's also not even a statement from Tesla. It's a paraphase of whatever they were told. It doesn't make sense. All it says is that you can't see it in the online configurations. It doesn't say anything about ordering through a sales center or on the phone.

Here's a version in inventory, ready for purchase and pick up.
thumbnail.jpg