Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a little more than a month of ownership I’m still in love with this car. The acceleration, tech, and performance are second to none. Really my only annoyance is when you take people for rides and they pull the emergency open instead of pushing the button on the door. Tesla needs to rethink that design because everyone whose never ridden in a Tesla immediately does that.
Agree. You shouldn’t have to, but explaining to everyone how to correctly open the door when you stop solves this.

What’s the solution? Hide the manual release in a slightly less visible location?

Reactions: 3geekfamily
After a little more than a month of ownership I’m still in love with this car. The acceleration, tech, and performance are second to none. Really my only annoyance is when you take people for rides and they pull the emergency open instead of pushing the button on the door. Tesla needs to rethink that design because everyone whose never ridden in a Tesla immediately does that.
I wanted to ask since you live in the bay on how your EDD changes went, I see they didn't change too much after you ordered your M3P. I upgraded to the performance from my LR at the end of June and it showed delivery for end of July. Now it says Sept 12 - Oct 24th :(

Agree. You shouldn’t have to, but explaining to everyone how to correctly open the door when you stop solves this.

What’s the solution? Hide the manual release in a slightly less visible location?
Having owned a few Corvettes with a very similar push button door open setup as Tesla, I can remember many times people asking "how do I open the door?" Unlike Tesla, the Corvette didn't have a visible emergency pull handle so people didn't have handles to blindly yank on. Chevy decided to put the emergency handle on the floor next to the seat rails. I think most people don't associate pushing a button to open the door. On the flip side, I remember reading in the news of an elderly gent dying in his Corvette because he couldn't open the door in an emergency situation.

Reactions: Bennny
Having owned a few Corvettes with a very similar push button door open setup as Tesla, I can remember many times people asking "how do I open the door?" Unlike Tesla, the Corvette didn't have a visible emergency pull handle so people didn't have handles to blindly yank on. Chevy decided to put the emergency handle on the floor next to the seat rails. I think most people don't associate pushing a button to open the door. On the flip side, I remember reading in the news of an elderly gent dying in his Corvette because he couldn't open the door in an emergency situation.
This guy had someone smash out the windows to get him out. The 12v battery seems to have caused the fire and the doors would not open. He could have just pulled the emergency release, but in a panic didnt remember where it was. Lucky someone was there to break a window.