Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today my EDD changed from "December 2022" to a date rang of "January 6 - January 20". Still no VIN but both the app and manage page reflect the change in EDD. I ordered about 3 weeks ago so if it is delivered by the 20th that would put it right in line with the average 5 week(ish) wait time.

Today I'm seeing some performance models pop up in inventory in Austin for the first time since the December $7500 credit was out. There's been a number of LR and RWD in inventory last week, but not performance until today.

My dream scenario would be if Tesla suspected upcoming price cut gets a M3P to $55k so it qualifies for the tax credit. I'd switch my RWD order to the P then. Maybe they can software restrict range for price cut then allow purchase later for range to come back to 315 miles.

Ordered a M3P from inventory last night after the price cuts. So I have a VIN and estimate delivery of 1/17-1/26. Signed my credit union loan today and they should wire Tesla the cash Tuesday. Added to insurance. Can't wait. Have a tradein that is barely limping along so I wont touch it until delivery and hoping it makes it there just fine.

I had a M3RWD order from December with delivery projected in the for next week with VIN. I couldn't get through any phone number to switch so I just paid for another $250 order fee. Guess I'll have to eventually cancel that order and eat the fee unless there is some way to get Tesla to refund it.

Ordered a M3P from inventory last night after the price cuts. So I have a VIN and estimate delivery of 1/17-1/26. Signed my credit union loan today and they should wire Tesla the cash Tuesday. Added to insurance. Can't wait. Have a tradein that is barely limping along so I wont touch it until delivery and hoping it makes it there just fine.

I had a M3RWD order from December with delivery projected in the for next week with VIN. I couldn't get through any phone number to switch so I just paid for another $250 order fee. Guess I'll have to eventually cancel that order and eat the fee unless there is some way to get Tesla to refund it.
Stop by a tesla center and talk to someone: I was able to move my RWD order fee to my new LR order.

Model 3 Performance. Blue. White interior - no Enhanced AP - no 'self Drive' -

Selling my 2006 911 - time to come into the 21st century all the way I guess.

Placed the order about an hour ago - I will need to turn all the net nanny stuff - speed limits, crash prevention - I've gone long enough driving myself - but I AM gonna leave it in Sport mode though. My 911 only does 4.5 second 0-60 times when its warm and I'm pressing it - sub 3.5 will definitely rock my world.

It was dropped off at my house but they were gone before I got outside. My demo 3P has curb rash, and it's dark and raining so I can't visually inspect the car very well. Also, the frunk lid has a gap on one side to the bumper cover. Unless I hear I can't from Tesla, I'm going to wait until tomorrow to accept delivery.

Does anyone know if they'll fix curb rash on a demo unit? What should I do about the frunk gap? View attachment 890695
sorry about that - my wife ordered a Red S in Nov 2020 - and they called claiming to have one exactly the same with 200 miles on it - we went to pick that one up and it had 400+ miles on it - some bad panel fit and some road rash on the bumper - and they didn't do anything about it - kiss my rear essentially.

We told them to reinstitute the order - and we will save the check for the next car since we were paying cash.

That got their attention - the promised to fix the gaps, fix the rash, give us another $1000 off and 1000 miles of supercharging that worked. Since you took delivery - don't expect much, , , sorry to say that Tesla has the WORST vehicle delivery of any manufacturer. I expect Lada's in East Germany had better customer delivery experience.

well, CP, my TESLA / Porsche story will make you cry, in 1964 bought a nice Porsche Convertible-D, took it to Italy for 4 years and brought it back to States to store for years as I gained an apprenticeship as an architect in a prestigious NYC firm, after opening my own firm, sold the Conv-D for what I bought it for $2.5K and embarked on a series of Targas and 911's (all used) only to graduate after burning the valves will living on an island with only leaded gas available), to a used Volvo wagon with the onset of twins, then a class-e Merc (too small for the twins), and then a wonderful AUDI Allroad bi-turbo (faster that a 911 at considerable velocity), the AUDI died on the same island as my last 911 with 240 miles driven of a transmission failure and needed to be junked with the flatbed truck tore the entire front body assembly off the car. I then moved to the worst BMW ever made a 2015 diesel wagon with halogen headlamps that could see more than 300 feet down the road - had to retrofit with non OEM LEDS at big dollars. Two years ago after debating for a year walked down to the TESLA Dealership here in Mt. Kisco, NY and bought a TESLA LR 3, triple black. You will never miss Dr. Porsche's ICE's prowess as the TESLA 3 is an amazing design feat. BTW my daughters are now 25 years old. Get a fake carbon fiber cover for the ridiculous wood grain dashboard cover, some mudflaps, a hitch for an electric bike rack, roof rails, might I offer you a referral number for 1000 free miles.... let me know Henry (an architect) you will never go back

Reactions: comanchepilot