Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing some of y'all delivery estimates getting pushed makes me glad I ordered an inventory model on the night of the price cuts. The M3P under $55k quickly vanished from inventory. I had to eat my $250 M3RWD deposit from December; but overall its well worth it as I need a vehicle ASAP. If your delivery gets pushed into March I'd start to be a tiny bit concerned about tax credit reductions possibly taking effect. Although my guess is most likely IRS doesn't have rule take effect until April or later, but who knows March might be possible. If I was waiting to get assigned a VIN I would keep a close look at Tesla inventory numbers; if they start climbing and the wait times are still short that could mean an additional end of March price cut might even be possible though.

Sent my trade in title and paperwork to Tesla via UPS yesterday. Bank wired the money yesterday. Have insurance and trip permits done. That should be every action needed to complete my delivery.

Rep on the phone previously said vehicle should arrive the 23rd. I'm hoping it gets delivered early or I'm able to move delivery to an earlier day. Can't wait to get it. Only a week left at the max; hopefully it ends up being less.

Does it come with summer tires installed regardless of region? If so 1stthing I will need to buy is a set of winter wheels/tires. Anyone using 18” winter wheels on M3P?
you would not deliver a performance sedan with all season tires = you would deliver it with sticky summer tires = I would simply buy a set of winter wheels and tires as a set, get them delivered and simply swap them out.

When we lived in Connecticut the wife had a Saab 9-3t with 17" summer tires delivered with the Sport package3. I bought simple 16" steel wheels, put 'minus one' Blizzaks on it with decent wheel covers and swapped them out Thanksgiving Weekend. She NEVER got stuck, even in the worst nor'easters. I would simply rotate the tires by writing in chalk on summer wheels where they would go the next spring - and I'd swap them out usually Easter Saturday - winter was always over then. Do the same with the winter wheels.

Well I refreshed my tesla page and they offered M3LR for accelerated delivery for $4000 less. Decided to go with LR and buy acceleration boost. Got VIN assigned with delivery Jan 20-26. Chances are I would never go to track anyway and I felt a bit uneasy about 20” wheels on my neighborhood potholes.
I hope it will move everyone’s estimated delivery for M3P forward a bit.

Well I refreshed my tesla page and they offered M3LR for accelerated delivery for $4000 less. Decided to go with LR and buy acceleration boost. Got VIN assigned with delivery Jan 20-26. Chances are I would never go to track anyway and I felt a bit uneasy about 20” wheels on my neighborhood potholes.
I hope it will move everyone’s estimated delivery for M3P forward a bit.
isn't the Performance a $10000 option? So $4k less doesn't seem like a bargain unless they threw in performance option. You not only get the second motor, you get extra battery pack and motor cooling, much better Brembo brakes, different rotors, and a kick ass sound upgrade in addition to the heated steering wheel . . . 20" wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport tires, etc etc

isn't the Performance a $10000 option? So $4k less doesn't seem like a bargain unless they threw in performance option. You not only get the second motor, you get extra battery pack and motor cooling, much better Brembo brakes, different rotors, and a kick ass sound upgrade in addition to the heated steering wheel . . . 20" wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport tires, etc etc
Could you elaborate about second motor, extra battery pack and better sound? I spent last 3 days researching all I could about M3P, but I never heard performance had different sound system, or more battery. Tesla decided none of it is worth mentioning for some reason. I am aware of Brembo brakes and 20” sport tires.
This car was meant more for my wife, I am still keeping my WRX. I may sell my WRX and get an M3P at some point.

Reactions: Travis64
Could you elaborate about second motor, extra battery pack and better sound? I spent last 3 days researching all I could about M3P, but I never heard performance had different sound system, or more battery. Tesla decided none of it is worth mentioning for some reason. I am aware of Brembo brakes and 20” sport tires.
This car was meant more for my wife, I am still keeping my WRX. I may sell my WRX and get an M3P at some point.

I'm pretty sure the LR and P both have the same battery (source). The RWD is smaller, and batteries for the LR/P that go to Europe are a slightly smaller LG pack (compared to the Panasonic pack we have here).

Sound system is the same story: LR/P have the premium sound (13 speakers+sub), RWD gets a reduced 8 speaker setup.

that sucks because you need delivery before March 3 when the regs are supposed to come out - and when they do - Tesla's will no longer be eligible for the tax break.
I thought it said March. I did not see March 3rd. I guess we are waiting for the treasury dpt to come out with the new guidelines. Hopefully car will come in February rather than March.

Reactions: comanchepilot
But the price is qualifying. if you configure under 55k. But I understand this is the federal gov :)
I am concerned as well. Plus there are state incentives as well.

View attachment 897002

We shall see.

Cheers

Nick
I am growing concerned the M3P will not qualify despite what Tesla had on their site. I came across a thread from the past mentioning, in 2021 I think it was, that the Performance was being built in China now. Does anyone know if this is still the case? Maybe all the Performances are built in China which is why they are not included in the IRS site. If that is the case, I feel like Tesla should have known this and been clear on their site. I was counting on that credit when I placed my order. If it does not look like we will get the credit when my car is ready for delivery, I'm going to have to change my order to another M3 or walk away.

I am growing concerned the M3P will not qualify despite what Tesla had on their site. I came across a thread from the past mentioning, in 2021 I think it was, that the Performance was being built in China now. Does anyone know if this is still the case? Maybe all the Performances are built in China which is why they are not included in the IRS site. If that is the case, I feel like Tesla should have known this and been clear on their site. I was counting on that credit when I placed my order. If it does not look like we will get the credit when my car is ready for delivery, I'm going to have to change my order to another M3 or walk away.
M3P sold in US is built in Cali. My VIN says it's from freemont.

Giga Shanghai in China builds model 3s, but those are sold in Asia or other parts of the world, not in the US.

Reactions: turns2stone
Hi everyone! I ordered 1/13/23 Red with black and no other upgrades and my original EDD was Jan-Feb. Then it switched to Jan 14 - 23 soon after. Every day since it has changed to the current day to 9 days out. Today it changed to Jan 19 - 29, now 10 days out. I see that some of you that ordered the day after me are getting ranges that go into Feb and March. This is my second tesla, I own a Blue, Black model Y 7 seater, got it in March 2021. I used to hear that if you already have one you get priority delivery. Any one have any thoughts on this?