Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the white/black M3P on 1/13 after price drops with “Jan-Feb” delivery estimate. There was no same trim in inventory. Then VIN was assigned on Tuesday (4 days later). Then on the same day I got a delivery scheduled 1/23, so 10 days after order. After that I finished the financing app. One day later I got a trade in estimate which I turned down because of the summer tires. Going to keep my current car for a couple months rather than buying new wheels/tires right away.

Reactions: dgoodlan
Ordered MSM with a white interior (!) on 1/14, had the VIN 24 hours later, and are picking it up tomorrow. It felt like an eternity when we ordered our 2019 SR+, but looking back that was only a 1-month process.
It did feel like an eternity! My delivery date has been scheduled for the 25th next week. I excited about it and I’m also glad that they are delivering it to my home. Now I can relax and enjoy my weekend. I send great vibes of speedy process for you all or whatever you need it to be.

Reactions: chalper and nickg_6
It did feel like an eternity! My delivery date has been scheduled for the 25th next week. I excited about it and I’m also glad that they are delivering it to my home. Now I can relax and enjoy my weekend. I send great vibes of speedy process for you all or whatever you need it to be.
Congrats. I am inclined to believe being in CA did help the speedy delivery. Enjoy the car.

Reactions: Axeman
Ordered through existing inventory Jan 17th.. got a confirmation of pick up for the 28th... texted today to move up the date to tomorrow... Confirmed via both text and email got a call tonight that it was a mistake and the car was still in Chicago! (annoyed to say the least)..... I told them contemplating cancellng...got a call back by a "leader" that they have another car same spec ready tomorrow at a different location with a new VIN. Its become an insurance nightmare as I had to cancel my policy for the 28th as they can't amend the effective date, so I have to run around at 6 in the evening to get a new insurance policy for tomorrow but now the VIN has changed as well so I've had to change things around twice. I don't think Tesla knows what they are doing. We shall see what happens tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: GermanKief
December 23 my Blue 2020 Model 3 LR with 28,000 miles got totaled in a flood on the south shore of Long Island. Been checking, since the flood, to find a new Model 3 LR to be non-existent in the NY area. On January 12th I received the insurance check for $45k Woke Friday, Jan. 13th @5:30am to do the usual search to find a new Blue 2023 M3LR for $50,990 and pounded my keyboard to place the $250 deposit. Grinning ear-to-ear, I took an electric bike ride with my dog and after an hour I returned to my computer to find that the price for a Blue M3P was only $4K more ($54,990) than the LR. Waited till Tesla in Manhasset opened at 10am to change the order (didn't want to do another $250 deposit) and was placed on hold till I gave up. I decided to visit the Manhasset location on Saturday morning to find that location packed with buyers. After an hour I managed to corner one of the Sales Associates and he said it would not be a problem to apply the deposit to the upgraded Model 3. About 6 hours later I got the confirmation on the app with a generic delivery date of Jan. 23 - Feb. 3. Just received the Vin # with a delivery date of Feb. 3 - Feb. 10th at the Smithtown location. I loved that 2020 M3 Dual Motor but it couldn't have been a better time to make the switch.

Reactions: Axeman and MacO512
Ordered through existing inventory Jan 17th.. got a confirmation of pick up for the 28th... texted today to move up the date to tomorrow... Confirmed via both text and email got a call tonight that it was a mistake and the car was still in Chicago! (annoyed to say the least)..... I told them contemplating cancellng...got a call back by a "leader" that they have another car same spec ready tomorrow at a different location with a new VIN. Its become an insurance nightmare as I had to cancel my policy for the 28th as they can't amend the effective date, so I have to run around at 6 in the evening to get a new insurance policy for tomorrow but now the VIN has changed as well so I've had to change things around twice. I don't think Tesla knows what they are doing. We shall see what happens tomorrow.
I’m about to give up on Tesla myself and cancel my delivery for next week. It is abundantly clear that they are not in the car business with the way they handle trade ins and car delivery scheduling. There is no question this new pricing now matches the quality of the car, or the incredible performance, but there are several other reasons I’m debating proceeding with the purchase.

I’m about to give up on Tesla myself and cancel my delivery for next week. It is abundantly clear that they are not in the car business with the way they handle trade ins and car delivery scheduling. There is no question this new pricing now matches the quality of the car, or the incredible performance, but there are several other reasons I’m debating proceeding with the purchase.
Care to explain why you might cancel?

My opinion is Tesla has about 10 major issues that lead me to wish for a better alternative. Problem is the competition is worse; Tesla is still vastly superior by probably 5-10 years.

Hi folks I received an email my order is confirmed and to finish my registration part. i had fumbled this one as I needed to add a second co-owner. Now this is done I can do the credit application for the loan. I am going to shop around for loans even though I may still go through Tesla itself
Do I have to have the credit app completed for them to issue the VIN number?

Cheers

Hi folks I received an email my order is confirmed and to finish my registration part. i had fumbled this one as I needed to add a second co-owner. Now this is done I can do the credit application for the loan. I am going to shop around for loans even though I may still go through Tesla itself
Do I have to have the credit app completed for them to issue the VIN number?

Cheers
You do not.

I had the car delivered today. No delivery issues . Mixed experience with delivery rep. The person that took my cheque and talked to me first was very friendly. The guy that went through the car rushed through things, sort of like a drive through checkout. 11% charged through the supercharger costs $6 (car came with 79%state of charge). Very happy with the car minus the rougher ride given the 20" wheels and no air suspension.

Last edited:
Reactions: Travis64