Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine got pushed as well. Got the text this morning regarding March production.

About the new headlights, I'm 87xxxx and the car clearly has them. I'm gonna see it it may be an unpopular and opinion but I don't really like them. I love projector headlights they looked great on my infinity, C7 and my wife's X3 -- but, on this car they just look slapped in there for compliance. The headlight design on my wife's car (2020 Model Y) just looks more cohesive. They're bright and I'm sure function in many ways better, but I'm not a fan of the looks. Sorry, not sorry. View attachment 622604

are the new ones adaptive?

Last edited:
Crap, I have no idea what that means. Especially at this point in time.
I haven’t got my official text or smoke signal from Tesla yet stating my delivery has been delayed until March like some others. I placed an order on 11/22 for a MP3 red/black and my SA said I will get my car by the end of the year. I got a VIN yesterday and now both the date range and VIN have disappeared. Pretty much in the dark at the moment. I’m in SoCal.

After the shitty text this morning, I got a VIN around 4:30pm!

Then called immediately to try and get an appointment scheduled asap, and now look to be taking delivery at 11am tomorrow!

I really can't believe it! And best of all it was my exact configuration and didn't have to compromise! My SA was on top of it today to track this down for me! It's been quite the roller coaster of a day!

The vin is 876xxx so I think that should be new headlights, although that never seems low for socal?

Last edited:
Damn sorry to see the March deliveries.

had some time today to inspect car in detail. QC issues :
- Small year in headliner above driver side window.
- frunk needs adjustment
- small paint imperfection passenger side C pillar
- new headlight driver side has a 1 inch scratch.

put all request in. I noticed they had headliner in order for my car already.

minor things , but for $60k I want them fixed.

Best of luck everyone in 2021

Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
After the shitty text this morning, I got a VIN around 4:30pm!

Then called immediately to try and get an appointment scheduled asap, and now look to be taking delivery at 11am tomorrow!

I really can't believe it! And best of all it was my exact configuration and didn't have to compromise! My SA was on top of it today to track this down for me! It's been quite the roller coaster of a day!

The vin is 876xxx so I think that should be new headlights, although that never seems low for socal?

It'll have the new headlights, I took delivery on Monday from Burbank with 875xxx and had them, I believe they started around 862xxx.

I also have to say, I like told old headlights better...the previous light was whiter and brighter...new lights have slight yellowish hue and not as bright ...even cosmetically i prefer older lights...my previous m3 was dropped on T sport line springs by inch and this car feels like I am sitting up abit higher also....Elon , turn on my damn beta FSD!....:)

BTW forgot to mention, the Portland delivery center said they were doing 60 cars yesterday!...the other center in Beaverton 10 miles away prob doing 50-60 too if I had to guess...120 cars is a lot for one town.

I also have to say, I like told old headlights better...the previous light was whiter and brighter...new lights have slight yellowish hue and not as bright ...even cosmetically i prefer older lights...my previous m3 was dropped on T sport line springs by inch and this car feels like I am sitting up abit higher also....Elon , turn on my damn beta FSD!....:)

BTW forgot to mention, the Portland delivery center said they were doing 60 cars yesterday!...the other center in Beaverton 10 miles away prob doing 50-60 too if I had to guess...120 cars is a lot for one town.

good thing on lowering the M3. The FSD 3 month things is not the Beta you see running on those limited Test cars. You will get FSD capability that you would have paid for. Instead, you will get a 3 month trial of it, in January I think is the start time. Now, we can ask Elon to send us the beta hahah

I feel seen. But there is this to consider:

Got my VIN on Tuesday and an appointment for 5pm today
Then last night got a text saying
Tesla Update:
Blah blah... Due to the high demand and limited supply we now expect your Model 3 to be delivered in the first few months of 2021.... Blah blah
I replied "Yes" to the text speak to Tesla Advisor

I still show the same VIN in my Tesla Account.

Does that mean I still will get this exact car just that it will come after first of the year???

Or do you think they will or are already giving it to someone else?

Is there anyone to call to find out? Or should I just wait for advisor to call

Please help.. urgent.

Tesla Update:
Blah blah... Due to the high demand and limited supply we now expect your Model 3 to be delivered in the first few months of 2021.... Blah blah

Does that mean I still will get this exact car just that it will come after first of the year???

Please help.. urgent.

I should also mention I paid entire balance full in cash using Plaid right after receiving VIN on Tuesday.

Tesla Update:

Please help.. urgent.
If you know the delivery center that your car is at call right away and ask to schedule delivery!

I haven’t got my official text or smoke signal from Tesla yet stating my delivery has been delayed until March like some others. I placed an order on 11/22 for a MP3 red/black and my SA said I will get my car by the end of the year. I got a VIN yesterday and now both the date range and VIN have disappeared. Pretty much in the dark at the moment. I’m in SoCal.

I didn’t get the VIN back this morning. Any updates on your end?

If you know the delivery center that your car is at call right away and ask to schedule delivery!

I don't know where the car is at but I did leave a message at the DC I was supposed to pick it up at. Still have a vin but no appointment after it's removal the "delayed till first few months of next year" text yesterday... and still paid in full

Any other avenues out there? I'll drive two hours to the factory in Fremont to pick it up if given the choice