Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke with an SA this afternoon regarding the Model 3 production shutdown to see if they had an updated delivery date. She said she had not heard of the shutdown. She checked and the manufacture and delivery date of my order has not changed (3/12 & 3/27 respectively).

If this thread has taught me anything though, it's that not all SAs are as well informed as others. So I take the above with a grain of salt.

Someone in the LR AWD thread just got a VIN for a car produced yesterday. Proof the halt rumor is BS, at least partially.

Tim

Reactions: Hilbe
I spoke with an SA this afternoon regarding the Model 3 production shutdown to see if they had an updated delivery date. She said she had not heard of the shutdown. She checked and the manufacture and delivery date of my order has not changed (3/12 & 3/27 respectively).

If this thread has taught me anything though, it's that not all SAs are as well informed as others. So I take the above with a grain of salt.

what's your order date

Someone in the LR AWD thread just got a VIN for a car produced yesterday. Proof the halt rumor is BS, at least partially.

Tim

I wouldn’t say it’s BS necessarily. VIN assignment occurs when it passes a certain point in production. Could be possible it’s one of the last ones to roll off the line or it’s one of the ones moved to Lathrop for finalization and then was assigned? My build date was originally 2/23 and is now 3/18. My correspondences with my friend seems to match the rumors before they were even announced and before production was officially halted if you look back at my previous comments.

Reactions: Ralbright
I wouldn’t say it’s BS necessarily. VIN assignment occurs when it passes a certain point in production. Could be possible it’s one of the last ones to roll off the line or it’s one of the ones moved to Lathrop for finalization and then was assigned? My build date was originally 2/23 and is now 3/18. My correspondences with my friend seems to match the rumors before they were even announced and before production was officially halted if you look back at my previous comments.
How do you know your build date? I have nothing on my account page, not even about delivery, which is highly fictional anyway. My SA has no information and just states everything is fine. The same SA stated last year that my delivery date would be by the 31st of December.

7A30E2C7-0340-4EBA-BBDE-1E5E7778FEBB.jpeg
More details from the person who “leaked” the information contained in the Electric article.

Tim

How do you know your build date? I have nothing on my account page, not even about delivery, which is highly fictional anyway. My SA has no information and just states everything is fine. The same SA stated last year that my delivery date would be by the 31st of December.

I don’t know if you’re ignoring every time I respond to you or what, but your SA has access to view your full order details that has a soft match VIN number (if it’s there), estimated delivery date, and a scheduled gate date (it should be there because it’s assigned by demand planning). The scheduled build date can change depending on the factory’s progress, but it’s there.

If your SA doesn’t know how to get to it, just tell them it’s under the soft match dashboard and hopefully they know where that is.

I don’t know if you’re ignoring every time I respond to you or what, but your SA has access to view your full order details that has a soft match VIN number (if it’s there), estimated delivery date, and a scheduled gate date (it should be there because it’s assigned by demand planning). The scheduled build date can change depending on the factory’s progress, but it’s there.

If your SA doesn’t know how to get to it, just tell them it’s under the soft match dashboard and hopefully they know where that is.
Thanks for the information. The only information I was able to get from my SA was that “I am eligible to match”. I specifically asked about build date, but got nothing.