Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a M3P on 4/25. Delivery dates were changing every day until finally I received a VIN on 6/1. I paid off the balance in full and awaited a delivery appointment in Scottsdale.

Car arrived on 6/4 in Scottsdale, but the first available appointment was today (6/7). I received a voice mail a few hours before pickup that the car was damaged in transport and a new car needed to be ordered (apparently nothing minor that can be easily fixed). I cannot directly call the delivery center to learn more. I called Tesla’s customer service (40 mins on hold) and nobody could advise me on the next steps.

I was worried about making the transition from BMW (currently have an M4) to Tesla. I now question my decision. I have asked Tesla to refund my money since they don’t have a clue when I will get a car. I am being offered nothing for the inconvenience. This is not a luxury brand from a sales and service perspective.

My plan is to sleep on the next step since I don’t want to overreact. It’s just I hear the horror stories about service, quality, and now I can confirm there is some truth to it. Is my story unique or have others experienced something similar?
Sorry to hear about this. I ordered the same day as you, received my VIN the same day as you. I was supposed to receive the car today, got a text saying they were inspecting the car and it was going to take another 2 days. So delivery is now scheduled for the 9th. Problem is, I work really close to the Tesla center and I found my car there on 6/2. Stopped by today, it was ready to go but no delivery for some reason. I can tell the PDI has been done because all the stickers were removed and the registration paperwork is in the vehicle. But for some reason, they prefer lying about the car being inspected when it's already done. I spoke to one of the mechanics and they said it was done first thing this morning. If they just told the truth everything would be fine. Oh well, hopefully they won't have to make up stuff on the 9th. Pretty bad when the service I got from Ford when I bought my GT500 was 100 times better.

Reactions: Jason1652
Sorry to hear about this. I ordered the same day as you, received my VIN the same day as you. I was supposed to receive the car today, got a text saying they were inspecting the car and it was going to take another 2 days. So delivery is now scheduled for the 9th. Problem is, I work really close to the Tesla center and I found my car there on 6/2. Stopped by today, it was ready to go but no delivery for some reason. I can tell the PDI has been done because all the stickers were removed and the registration paperwork is in the vehicle. But for some reason, they prefer lying about the car being inspected when it's already done. I spoke to one of the mechanics and they said it was done first thing this morning. If they just told the truth everything would be fine. Oh well, hopefully they won't have to make up stuff on the 9th. Pretty bad when the service I got from Ford when I bought my GT500 was 100 times better.
Interesting. They also lied about the car’s arrival date to make excuses for the last minute debacle. Well, I guess the silver lining is that you have a car and it’s in one piece. I am leaning towards canceling my order and staying with a trusted brand. I feel like the entire process from sales to delivery is horrific. I just want them to refund my $60k for failure to perform.

Last edited:
Picked up my M3P yesterday at Tilburg NL.

tesla.jpg

Attachments

• tesla2.jpg
    tesla2.jpg
    762.4 KB · Views: 45
Apparently, Tesla was able to fix all the issues I complained about on the M3P I rejected in one day... They really want me to look at the car tomorrow. I am so glad my delivery advisor was so nice to do that for me so quickly, even though I didn't accept delivery and the car isn't even mine yet.
I’m driving 4 hours to pick up my car on Thursday. Maybe I should pack an overnight bag in case I have to reject for issues. Don’t really want to be driving 8 hour round trips to inspect. Crazy they still don’t have quality control prior to leaving the factory.

Good luck. I paid cash for a car they destroyed in transit. Now I am arguing with them to get my money back.
yea thanks to your post, Im waiting ! I decided to put more than half down and then added FSD so its a huge chunk of cash as well. Ive got my delivery date and time but im waiting til the last minute. 50k up front is a lot of money to get bupkis . Doesnt help that no one at the local Tesla will answer any calls or return messages.

Interesting. They also lied about the car’s arrival date to make excuses for the last minute debacle. Well, I guess the silver lining is that you have a car and it’s in one piece. I am leaning towards canceling my order and staying with a trusted brand. I feel like the entire process from sales to delivery is horrific. I just want them to refund my $60k for failure to perform.
As someone who runs a business I can only imagine how tough it is for Tesla as a company. The hardest thing to do is expand and get good people in the right places. I feel that most all of the issues people are having is not only the supply and demand but throw in chip shortage and this is a company having extremely bad growing pains. might want to give them the benefit of the doubt its really hard for anyone to find people that even want to work , especially when the government is sending people checks for doing nothing.

Reactions: play150
As someone who runs a business I can only imagine how tough it is for Tesla as a company. The hardest thing to do is expand and get good people in the right places. I feel that most all of the issues people are having is not only the supply and demand but throw in chip shortage and this is a company having extremely bad growing pains. might want to give them the benefit of the doubt its really hard for anyone to find people that even want to work , especially when the government is sending people checks for doing nothing.
Well said Rob, very well said even though I'm one of the worriers here. If I'm understanding the biggest gripes with all who have ordered or bought a Tesla, its the lack of communication and vagueness of the entire process leaving many wondering...."what do I do next?"

Hows the Charlotte area doing?, we just sold our Southpark home and moved to Naples 9 months ago, I assume you are working with Tesla on Independence

Ok - this is getting annoying with this being a second car it may not be worth it … all paperwork done, no FSD, order in on 5/21 complete, gray/blk … last week started the yo-yo from 2-11 weeks to:
6/16-30
6/18-30
6/19-30
Then yesterday 7/26-8/15
Then minutes ago, 6/21-30

Happy it’s back to this Qtr but geez …

Lol, almost funny now....
ordered 5/16--
delivery dates:
6/15-6/30
6/11-6/28
dates gone...
6/12-6/28
6/18-6/30
6/22-6/30
and this am.......6/23-6/30
I have almost the exact same timeline - M3P blue no FSD. Philly area.
This is really weird for me as it’s my first tesla, but i guess i am happy that the range is getting smaller. I have a car i want to sell (carmax/carvanna) and this makes the amount of time i could potentially be carless smaller. I am so excited i guess i am open to this weird kind of date window abuse tesla is doing to us.