Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I'm understanding the biggest gripes with all who have ordered or bought a Tesla, its the lack of communication and vagueness of the entire process leaving many wondering...."what do I do next?"
Actually the biggest gripe is when they take $60k in cash prior to a delivery appointment and then proceed to destroy your car during transport. Now there is poor communication on next steps, you never received a car, and they don’t want to give you your money back. At this point you will be working with a lawyer. This is really the biggest gripe against Tesla.

I have almost the exact same timeline - M3P blue no FSD. Philly area.
This is really weird for me as it’s my first tesla, but i guess i am happy that the range is getting smaller. I have a car i want to sell (carmax/carvanna) and this makes the amount of time i could potentially be carless smaller. I am so excited i guess i am open to this weird kind of date window abuse tesla is doing to us.
my 2nd Tesla. had a 15 S.....trust me, worth the wait!....dont listen to the negatives... other than this delivery process, it was all good for me.....and ive had domestics, as well as Benz, Porsche, Volvo, Saab and so on..... im waiting on a red M3P, no FSD

My EDD keeps bouncing back and forth from June 22-30 and July 13-Aug 2. Looks a lot like 2-11 weeks from the time of order to me, but it does make some extra excitement every morning to see which side of the spectrum I am on at any given time! Still beats the MSLR delivery date that disappeared completely once they decided to pretend that they could only make the Plaid. Pretty stoked to make that change, because the ACTUAL pictures of the M3P look incredible. Anyone with the MSM that took delivery recently have any pics to post? I feel like that is a much better tidbit in this support group than all the horror stories. Let's have something to keep us excited!

Reactions: J03L and SpaceCash
Took delivery on Friday at closing. Spent the weekend paint correcting the car for PPF and tint, which was scheduled for today. Discovered half a dozen paint defects and blemishes on the hood, front fenders, and bumper. Wet sanded and buffed most of them out. Two paint blotches on the hood under the clear coat will require removing the clear coat and respaying to correct. Plastic trim on driver's side inside of the rocker panel scrapped and ripped from front tire to rear tire - likely from loading/unloading from transport trailer. Several missing fasteners and faster anchors. Misaligned body gaps at hood to fender and rear tail light to fender. Passenger side rear door requires excessive force to close. Could not get ahold of anyone at Tesla other than going through the phone app. Tesla automation scheduled it for a mobile service visit. I kept advising Tesla with messages on the app that it will not be able to correct all of these issues with a mobile service visit. Yesterday they changed the appointment requiring me to bring the vehicle in to its Service Center. Canceled my PPF and tint appointment obviously. Likely will need to do more paint correcting and cleaning the car up for PPF and tint once I get the vehicle back from Tesla. The poor method of communication with Tesla at vehicle delivery and in arranging to resolve these vehicle defect issuess is maddening. The form and content of communication from Tesla pre-delivery, at delivery, and since makes clear this is a different business model where the Tesla vehicle purchaser's experience and satisfaction is really only of limited value or interest to the employees.

• Informative
Reactions: J03L
Still no VIN here, but my date range is doing something new this morning. After the 2-11 weeks fiasco this past weekend, I've been...

2-11 weeks
June 18-28
June 19-29
June 20-30

And now this morning it's begun to narrow from the other end as well. It's now:
June 19-29

Hopefully that narrowing from the other end is a good thing. I'm really grasping at straws here.

Took delivery on Friday at closing. Spent the weekend paint correcting the car for PPF and tint, which was scheduled for today. Discovered half a dozen paint defects and blemishes on the hood, front fenders, and bumper. Wet sanded and buffed most of them out. Two paint blotches on the hood under the clear coat will require removing the clear coat and respaying to correct. Plastic trim on driver's side inside of the rocker panel scrapped and ripped from front tire to rear tire - likely from loading/unloading from transport trailer. Several missing fasteners and faster anchors. Misaligned body gaps at hood to fender and rear tail light to fender. Passenger side rear door requires excessive force to close. Could not get ahold of anyone at Tesla other than going through the phone app. Tesla automation scheduled it for a mobile service visit. I kept advising Tesla with messages on the app that it will not be able to correct all of these issues with a mobile service visit. Yesterday they changed the appointment requiring me to bring the vehicle in to its Service Center. Canceled my PPF and tint appointment obviously. Likely will need to do more paint correcting and cleaning the car up for PPF and tint once I get the vehicle back from Tesla. The poor method of communication with Tesla at vehicle delivery and in arranging to resolve these vehicle defect issuess is maddening. The form and content of communication from Tesla pre-delivery, at delivery, and since makes clear this is a different business model where the Tesla vehicle purchaser's experience and satisfaction is really only of limited value or interest to the employees.
The positive is that your car was not destroyed during transport. It’s really sad to hear the defects are continuing despite reported upward trends in quality. Please keep us posted since my second biggest fear is getting a car with a bunch of sloppy defects. I don’t understand the Tesla operating model, but it’s clear they don’t care. I am on the verge of canceling my order this morning.

Reactions: viper077
Actually the biggest gripe is when they take $60k in cash prior to a delivery appointment and then proceed to destroy your car during transport. Now there is poor communication on next steps, you never received a car, and they don’t want to give you your money back. At this point you will be working with a lawyer. This is really the biggest gripe against Tesla.
Is Arizona one of the few states where you have to pay before delivery? I know there are a few, which is unfortunate. I'm paying cash, but they will get a check after I've looked at the car, not before. Having to pay before the car is even there is unfortunate.

Apparently, Tesla was able to fix all the issues I complained about on the M3P I rejected in one day... They really want me to look at the car tomorrow. I am so glad my delivery advisor was so nice to do that for me so quickly, even though I didn't accept delivery and the car isn't even mine yet.
What issues did you see when you inspected the vehicle?

Reactions: TBrownTX
Is Arizona one of the few states where you have to pay before delivery? I know there are a few, which is unfortunate. I'm paying cash, but they will get a check after I've looked at the car, not before. Having to pay before the car is even there is unfortunate.
I thought the payment is required regardless of state? I think it should be illegal to require payment prior to at least having a visual inspection. Once Tesla has your money they have zero incentive to refund a dime.

I thought the payment is required regardless of state? I think it should be illegal to require payment prior to at least having a visual inspection. Once Tesla has your money they have zero incentive to refund a dime.
It's not. When we bought my wife's Y, we paid by check after inspecting the car and accepting delivery. I'm picking up today, and will do the same thing.

These shouldn't be new car issues. Poor customer service/lack of concern for the customer starts at the top.

Still no VIN here, but my date range is doing something new this morning. After the 2-11 weeks fiasco this past weekend, I've been...

2-11 weeks
June 18-28
June 19-29
June 20-30

And now this morning it's begun to narrow from the other end as well. It's now:
June 19-29

Hopefully that narrowing from the other end is a good thing. I'm really grasping at straws here.

I ordered mine on 5/2 with an identical red build to you except with white interior. No VIN yet. I'm also picking up in Chicago. Not sure why mine slid to July 31 - August 20th this morning, but I'm not going to put a lot thought into it and still expect by end of month at latest. However, it is annoying to see.

I ordered mine on 5/2 with an identical red build to you except with white interior. No VIN yet. I'm also picking up in Chicago. Not sure why mine slid to July 31 - August 20th this morning, but I'm not going to put a lot thought into it and still expect by end of month at latest. However, it is annoying to see.
I said to my wife last night, “I’m going to take a new approach. I’m not going to check the Tesla account at all. Maybe the VIN will show up then.” 😇

Then this morning I saw your post about your delivery date and I couldn’t resist. I logged in and my date is still holding… for now.

I truly hope we all see our cars before the end of the month, regardless of what the crazy Tesla site says.

The dates mean absolutely nothing. I watched my dates change on a daily basis. It shifted from a few days out to 2-11 weeks and then out of the blue a VIN appeared. How they allocate cars is a mystery to me. Good luck with the transport to your delivery center.

I said to my wife last night, “I’m going to take a new approach. I’m not going to check the Tesla account at all. Maybe the VIN will show up then.” 😇

Then this morning I saw your post about your delivery date and I couldn’t resist. I logged in and my date is still holding… for now.

I truly hope we all see our cars before the end of the month, regardless of what the crazy Tesla site says.

Haha, sorry for inadvertently causing that. Glad yours is holding! Definitely hoping the same for us, if not better.

The dates mean absolutely nothing. I watched my dates change on a daily basis. It shifted from a few days out to 2-11 weeks and then out of the blue a VIN appeared. How they allocate cars is a mystery to me. Good luck with the transport to your delivery center.

Yeah, I try not to put too much salt into it. But last year my dates also danced a bit but remained largely accurate up until the VIN and the next week after, delivery. I do agree with those seeing the overall end of quarter push and performance models getting in towards the end; it's what I saw a year ago with my first Tesla. My communication efforts and experience with getting information and replies (see: none!) this time around has been pretty awful though. Terrible to read of your delivery woes, what an insane predicament.

Reactions: Waltamobile