Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update, I found the car I was looking for in the ‘Existing Inventory’ search function on the Tesla website. Two quick calls to my SA and I got my custom order changed to a purchase on the existing inventory car. Delivery window changed from 7/8-8/7 with no VIN, to next week with a VIN assigned now :)

I highly suggest looking at the existing inventory around your area (or the country in general). I’m paying a $500 relocation fee but I don’t really care… to me it’s worth getting the car 2-3 months earlier!

Thanks, Steven. I'm trying to keep the faith, and like you said, being on this forum helps a bit with my sanity, but the level of dissatisfaction and misery that Tesla is causing those of us still waiting for our cars is just mind numbing. 😩
I believe it’s just poor data processing on Tesla’s part, given they know factory capacity, order counts/details, etc. but it sure feels sometimes like they’re doing it intentionally to torture us.

I'm glad you accepted it. I know it wasn't easy for me, but I hope you let some of the small things go and just enjoy the car for what it is, because it can be really fun to drive. I think these types of forums get people whipped into a frenzy about QC issues and set impractical expectations. Do a higher percentage of Teslas arrive with panel misalignments and imprecise gaps compared to BMW/Audi/MB? Sure, but most of the time they are minor and only cosmetic and don't actually affect function (closing a door/trunk). And basically no cars come with good paint, except maybe a $400k+ Rolls that has paint correction performed before leaving the factory. Just watch the Chicago Auto Pros video of the amount of paint correction needed on a 200k Bentley--its paint was not good with tons of scratches, swirls, overspray, orange peel. Every car, especially in the sub-100k range has paint issues if you know what to look for. It's annoying, but it's a car--you drive it, it gets rock ships, scratches, etc. Some idiot is just as likely to put a huge scratch in it next week in a parking lot and make those issues look minor. Better to enjoy it for what it is.

Yes- in the end it's just an object that will get scratched, hit, abused, maybe crashed or even totaled. Life goes on. Hopefully I took one for the team and you guys won't get another "last assembly on Friday night before workers go home after 12 hour shift" car.

Yes- in the end it's just an object that will get scratched, hit, abused, maybe crashed or even totaled. Life goes on. Hopefully I took one for the team and you guys won't get another "last assembly on Friday night before workers go home after 12 hour shift" car.

Could also be a Monday AM before coffee build? Heh sorry for the troubles, hope they get it fixed up for you.

Tim

Question

I have two model 3 performance orders, one i chose the cash option, and the other was financed through loan.

Both have a VIN assigned, the finance one is saying June 21st-27th. The cash one is june 29th-june 30th.

The finance one isn't asking for the deposit. Which one has a better chance of arriving first? if you finance does it ask for final payment before you get a delivery date?

Question

I have two model 3 performance orders, one i chose the cash option, and the other was financed through loan.

Both have a VIN assigned, the finance one is saying June 21st-27th. The cash one is june 29th-june 30th.

The finance one isn't asking for the deposit. Which one has a better chance of arriving first? if you finance does it ask for final payment before you get a delivery date?
Final payment opens as soon as you have a set delivery appointment, not a delivery date range. Paperwork opens 24-h prior to the delivery appointment

• Informative
Reactions: SmooveSailing
FWIW I didn't get my VIN until my car was already made and delivered to the dealership. Very bizarre.
I my case, I got a delivery appointment as soon as it left Fremont, but Tesla did not communicate the VIN officially until much later (likely when it crossed the border into Canada). It arrived at the location Monday evening and my delivery appointment is Saturday, so they have lots of time to prep it :)

How does Tesla contact you to schedule delivery and make final payment; email, text or call? EDD is 6/20-6/25, I have a VIN, but it's been so quiet.
I got a text with a URL like so: t e s l a .com/schedule/RNXXXXXX, where RNXXXXXX is the reservation number. I don't know if this will work in your case, but try visiting that URL using your own reservation number and see if it lets you pick a delivery window.

Won the VIN lottery on Monday afternoon. Called Tesla - Portland to set up a delivery appointment and they said it would most likely be here this weekend. We set a tentative appointment for this Saturday morning and they would follow up closer to that to see if that is accurate.

I called and talked to them yesterday and they told me that it is still sitting at Fremont waiting to get matched to a truck. I'll call in later today to see if they have an update but I really don't feel good about taking delivery this week. Kind of scared to hear the bitter truth haha

How does Tesla contact you to schedule delivery and make final payment; email, text or call? EDD is 6/20-6/25, I have a VIN, but it's been so quiet.
They just added the appointment to my account page with no other communication. I had the appointment without a VIN. I reached out to my SA once I saw the appointment there and he gave me the VIN. Don't know about final payment, I financed everything except for the $2500 order deposit so I have $0 balance due. Actually, my account now says I owe -$20.00, since the licence fees are lower now than when I placed the order.