Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Red/White/no FSD M3P on Tuesday. All of 12 days from order to delivery!

Sold my existing 2020 M3P stealth (white/black/FSD) with 58,000 miles to CarMax for $50k, which was $3,300 better than Tesla's trade-in offer. Vroom offered $52k, but read too many online reviews from sellers who experienced nightmares getting payment from Vroom.

OD: 12/2
EDD 12/2: December
EDD 12/3: Feb 28-Mar 28
EDD 12/8: Dec 10-23
EDD 12/11: Dec 13-31
VIN assigned: 12/12
EDD 12/12: Dec 12-16
Delivery: Dec. 14

Posted earlier today about receiving my 6th EDD but still no text with a VIN. I just received a text from my SA saying my car is on it’s way to the delivery center. I asked what next steps were and she said I should expect a text in the next week or so to schedule delivery. Still no VIN though.

Posted earlier today about receiving my 6th EDD but still no text with a VIN. I just received a text from my SA saying my car is on it’s way to the delivery center. I asked what next steps were and she said I should expect a text in the next week or so to schedule delivery. Still no VIN though.
Delivery was scheduled within 24 hrs of receiving VIN. I'd say the SA is likely correct.

IMG_4713.jpg

I just saw these 2 delivery trucks dropping off in Camarillo, Ca. about 15min ago. I asked the driver if he's making any other stops and he said "no, all of these cars are for Camarillo." I counted 3xY 3xS 1xX 3x3 but no M3P. So don't be surprised if some of our cars aren't on the same trucks even if the delivery dates are the same.

I see people posting about getting the Tesla Vision agreement and having to agree to it to progress with the process. What happens after you get to that part? When you hit "agree" does that assign you your VIN? Does that let you choose your delivery date? How long usually from that point to scheduling and taking delivery?

I see people posting about getting the Tesla Vision agreement and having to agree to it to progress with the process. What happens after you get to that part? When you hit "agree" does that assign you your VIN? Does that let you choose your delivery date? How long usually from that point to scheduling and taking delivery?
I got the Vision agreement the same time I got the VIN. To be clear on the order, I saw the VIN then the Vision agreement, VIN wasn't dependent on Vision. I was asked to schedule my delivery probably 3 or 4 days after that (about 15 minutes after I updated my financing)

Reactions: SPACE_EX
Hmm. I will need to talk to my SA and ask some questions. It's looking like I will be out of town until the first of the year. I wonder how that will effect my delivery. Do you think Tesla will just park it on the lot for a few days till I get back?

Picked up my Red/White/no FSD M3P on Tuesday. All of 12 days from order to delivery!

Sold my existing 2020 M3P stealth (white/black/FSD) with 58,000 miles to CarMax for $50k, which was $3,300 better than Tesla's trade-in offer. Vroom offered $52k, but read too many online reviews from sellers who experienced nightmares getting payment from Vroom.

OD: 12/2
EDD 12/2: December
EDD 12/3: Feb 28-Mar 28
EDD 12/8: Dec 10-23
EDD 12/11: Dec 13-31
VIN assigned: 12/12
EDD 12/12: Dec 12-16
Delivery: Dec. 14
Curious, when you trade in a EV, how in depth does the buyer go insofar as lesrning about it's battery deg? They ask about range?

Just orders M3P on 12/10. Originally said January and over night on the 11th changed to 2/25-3/25. Hopefully this updates back to January at some point. In Ontario Canada
Woke up this morning and had a new EDD of Jan 10-Feb 7. This is much more in line with the original “January” EDD and with what the SA told me this week. Funny enough, my first updated EDD also came in on Saturday morning at 630 AM (eastern time)