Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point, I'm hoping I get a call during this next week that my car arrived and I can pick it up earlier than I selected... Getting a pickup date/time that's a little over 2 weeks out is brutal.

I set appointments up for PPF/TINT towards the end of my EDD before I could select a pickup date - Funnily enough the pickup date ends up being on the day I booked PPF (Which is great since I can take it right over); however, I literally have tint set for the next day... so I'll get to enjoy the car only for the drives in between appointments. :rolleyes:

At this point, I'm hoping I get a call during this next week that my car arrived and I can pick it up earlier than I selected... Getting a pickup date/time that's a little over 2 weeks out is brutal.
I just received a message to schedule my appointment a little under two weeks from now (3/1). I might be getting a blue/white within five weeks including transportation to CT. There might be something to end of financial quarter ordering. My main concern will be weather conditions.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Well this is experience is an emotional roller coaster. Ordered 01/17 and EDD has only changed twice, which is good, but see other peoples dates getting bumped makes me worry. Got most of my parts except the carbon dash trims. Just need to decide if I’m going stealth or gloss wrap. Once I get the parts and settle on the wrap, I don’t know what I’ll do with my evenings. ;)

I don’t know about you guys, but I drive by the local SC at least three times a week. I’ve noticed deliveries seem to have slowed, but the time from manufacturing to arrival at the SC is almost exactly 2 weeks. I wonder if anyone knows if you get your VIN when the car rolls off the line, or before then? Would be helpful to know when arranging financing and insurance.

I just installed a Gen 2 wall connector and it’s pulling 48a! That’s 11kw/hr. Best my mobile connector could pull was 32a
I had a wall charger installed the day I picked up my car and it does the same yours does! I love it. I charge maybe for an hour and i'm set.

Attachments

• 20220214_105530.jpg
    20220214_105530.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220214_105535.jpg
    20220214_105535.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: eakrish
2/19 update:

M3P | MSM | black | no FSD
OD: 1/15/22
EDD on website: March 2022
1/16 EDD: Mar 8 - Mar 31
2/1 EDD: Feb 14 - Mar 14
2/6: Received trade-in text
2/15 EDD: Feb 18 to Mar 14
2/16: Received trade-in confirmation text
2/19 EDD: Feb 28 to Mar 28
Delivery to Lynnwood, WA Tesla store

---

My EDD was pushed back today from 2/18 - 3/14 to 2/28 - 3/28, sigh...

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
My problem is I have no room for a 50amp breaker 🥺 I think I would have to add a sub panel

For generation 3, you would need a 60amp breaker to take advantage of top speed. My install required 50 feet of electrical wire (OUCH at today's pricing) and had to go through 20 feet of crawl space in the basement for an outside setup. The wifi provides many convenience benefits. I think you may revisit the possibility in the future. It is like checking the app for EDDs. :)

For generation 3, you would need a 60amp breaker to take advantage of top speed. My install required 50 feet of electrical wire (OUCH at today's pricing) and had to go through 20 feet of crawl space in the basement for an outside setup. The wifi provides many convenience benefits. I think you may revisit the possibility in the future. It is like checking the app for EDDs. :)
If I can convince my landlord and maybe my buddy to do the wiring maybe , I did a whole house once , never again 😅