Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. The C8 needs perfect conditions and circumstances to perform it's 2.9 to 60.
Yes it does. But if consistent drag racing speed isn't the only thing that matters the C8 looks a lot better imo, sounds better and gets more attention. Interior is cooler too. I need to stop or I'm just going to cancel my M3P.šŸ˜‚ I'm in a weird group thats buying an m3p i feel like. I like the tesla a lot but I've loved fast cars with great exhausts since I was a teenager. Not buying so much because I think the tesla is better for the environment than the corvette. But I like tech and gadgets and thats where the M3P feels like a good fit. Fast, fun, techy, AWD for all year driving....

I just think it's BS selling an electric car without a cord to charge it. lmao. I can't imagine buying a phone or laptop and the companies not including a charger/cord.
Exactly. It't not just that they're charging $400, its the principal and inconvenience. They're nickel and diming the customers at this point, we're spending $60k+ on a brand new car. It's like when I go into the grocery store and spend over $200 and the cashier asks me if I want any bags they're going to be 5 cents each. Of course I can afford the grocery bags but it's the principal. If Tesla isn't going to include the mobile charger with purchase, the least they can do is offer it as an discounted option. I checked online and the mobile chargers are already going for $480 plus from resellers and its only going to get worse.

Alrightā€¦ whereā€™s my 4/18-5/16 EDD peeps at? Still no VIN hereā€¦ curious if anyone elseā€™s EDD changed or still stuck on 4/18-5/16.
Last week my EDD changed from 4/18-5/16 to 5/7-5/21.

I am hoping that is my last pushback and I get a VIN by 5/7... šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž

I spent the past few days trying to find a decently priced used Plaid. I just can't swing it, it is wayyy outside my price range. So, i will have to slum it in the M3P... šŸ¤—šŸ¤£

Reactions: tone228
Exactly. The C8 needs perfect conditions and circumstances to perform it's 2.9 to 60.
And the Tesla needs to have a good charge which is unrealistic to have all the time unless you just charge it to take to the track. Dynos show pretty massive drops in HP at under 60%. 95% soc down to 60% soc is 50 whp difference. Over 75% to 95% isn't much difference. 45% soc is over 75 whp difference from 95% soc.

So yes if I have good charge of 75% plus and run into a c8 it will hang with it or beat it. If I've been driving a bit and soc is around 50% or so it's not going to be nearly as fast.

True but some are. A quick Google search came back with about the same time

Surprised they didn't kick out the Plaid after the first pass of over 150 mph. The Plaid is 4mph faster at the 1/8th than the M3P is at the 1/4, that's insane.

Reactions: Young Phenom
Surprised they didn't kick out the Plaid after the first pass of over 150 mph. The Plaid is 4mph faster at the 1/8th than the M3P is at the 1/4, that's insane.
yeah, the Plaid seems elite. According to this website (Fastest cars in 1/8 mile - SupercarLists.com) the Plaid is the fastest production car to 1/8th mile. But the M3P isn't far off some other the other cars lower on this list with its 7.39 sec time.

I'm hoping the M3P feels as fast as I expect. I've only ever driven a basic model 3 for a few minutes (and I don't know if it was a dual motor or just RWD). Anyone else here order without ever driving a M3P?

Yes it does. But if consistent drag racing speed isn't the only thing that matters the C8 looks a lot better imo, sounds better and gets more attention. Interior is cooler too. I need to stop or I'm just going to cancel my M3P.šŸ˜‚ I'm in a weird group thats buying an m3p i feel like. I like the tesla a lot but I've loved fast cars with great exhausts since I was a teenager. Not buying so much because I think the tesla is better for the environment than the corvette. But I like tech and gadgets and thats where the M3P feels like a good fit. Fast, fun, techy, AWD for all year driving....
I've owned a C5 Z05 with a 150 shot as well as a regular C6 and a C6 Z06. The C8 is obviously a big improvement over all those though. One of the main reasons I bought my last M3P was the peace of mind that I could floor it at every stop light and not worry about the wear and tear that would be happening on an ICE vehicle. I used to stress out with the C6 Z06 especially thinking about having to replace that motor.

I've owned a C5 Z05 with a 150 shot as well as a regular C6 and a C6 Z06. The C8 is obviously a big improvement over all those though. One of the main reasons I bought my last M3P was the peace of mind that I could floor it at every stop light and not worry about the wear and tear that would be happening on an ICE vehicle. I used to stress out with the C6 Z06 especially thinking about having to replace that motor.
Yes I understand that but I never worry about it. If something happens it happens. I've almost talked myself into wanting a C8 in this thread. haha

I'm hoping the M3P feels as fast as I expect. I've only ever driven a basic model 3 for a few minutes (and I don't know if it was a dual motor or just RWD). Anyone else here order without ever driving a M3P?
Trust me the acceleration off the line is stupid fast and 11.5 second 1/4 mile is fast as well. Yes it's not plaid stupid but it will out 0-60 and 0-100 a lot of "fast" cars.

Exactly. It't not just that they're charging $400, its the principal and inconvenience. They're nickel and diming the customers at this point, we're spending $60k+ on a brand new car. It's like when I go into the grocery store and spend over $200 and the cashier asks me if I want any bags they're going to be 5 cents each. Of course I can afford the grocery bags but it's the principal. If Tesla isn't going to include the mobile charger with purchase, the least they can do is offer it as an discounted option. I checked online and the mobile chargers are already going for $480 plus from resellers and its only going to get worse.
So stupid they did this. I really hope mine comes with it but at this point I'm guessing not. With the price increases and now this just to nickel and dime people I expect Tesla sales to drop pretty hard when/if oil comes back down.

yeah, the Plaid seems elite. According to this website (Fastest cars in 1/8 mile - SupercarLists.com) the Plaid is the fastest production car to 1/8th mile. But the M3P isn't far off some other the other cars lower on this list with its 7.39 sec time.

The M3P is so fast that it literally hurts. You won't be disappointed.