Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For y'all that think California folks get cars delivered on demand...lol.

Blue/Black. No FSD. SF Bay Area.
OD: 02/14
EDD: March
EDD1 (2/15): 04/08-05/06
EDD2 (4/11): 04/18-05/16
EDD3 (4/14): 04/16-04/30
EDD4 (4/15): 04/17-04/30
EED5 (4/18): 04/24-05/08

I've been driving my 2004 Subaru for 18 years, so waiting a couple weeks longer shouldn't be a problem, but this is killing me.
With the provided information, the reason is apparent.

Elon hates you.

Been lurking around for a while, decided to register and add my own EDD rollercoaster ride here

OD: 2/27 (but finished all the steps on 2/28)

EDD #1 (2/28): 5/9 - 6/6

EDD #2 (3/5): 4/25 - 5/23

EDD #3 (3/31): 4/12 - 5/10

EDD #4 (4/13): 4/25 - 5/9

EDD #5 (4/18): 5/15 - 6/19

Specs: M3P; Blue Ext/Black Int; no FSD; Socal
You all are really screwing up our hypothesis of Elon personally delivering vehicles to CA residents in under two months.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Been lurking around for a while, decided to register and add my own EDD rollercoaster ride here

OD: 2/27 (but finished all the steps on 2/28)

EDD #1 (2/28): 5/9 - 6/6

EDD #2 (3/5): 4/25 - 5/23

EDD #3 (3/31): 4/12 - 5/10

EDD #4 (4/13): 4/25 - 5/9

EDD #5 (4/18): 5/15 - 6/19

Specs: M3P; Blue Ext/Black Int; no FSD; Socal

I ordered the same car weeks after you and my EDD is 5/2-6/4. I'm certain that my date is going to get pushed back based on you EDD. FML

The M3P should handle better.

Most reviewers prefer the overall dynamics of the 3P. For driving of course. If you want to win a drag race the Plaid will undoubtedly do that against everything.

The plaid has the advantage of being able to perform even at lower SOC.

What we really need is a M3P Plaid. 0-60 in 2.5 and is able to perform at all SOC. I'd pay 10k more for that.

So stupid they did this. I really hope mine comes with it but at this point I'm guessing not. With the price increases and now this just to nickel and dime people I expect Tesla sales to drop pretty hard when/if oil comes back down.
This is the response I got from my SA on my M3LR. Others in the M3LR waiting room have posted similar positive news from their SAs.

TSLA.png

This is the response I got from my SA on my M3LR. Others in the M3LR waiting room have posted similar positive news from their SAs.

View attachment 795088
I hope so, thanks for sharing this. The decision to remove the mobile connecter kit from Tesla's is quite possibly the worst corporate decision I've seen in the automotive industry, with exception to the approval of the Pontiac Aztec and AMC Pacer

You all are really screwing up our hypothesis of Elon personally delivering vehicles to CA residents in under two months.
Must've been the lack of a red carpet, I knew I should've put some red carpet on my garage!
I ordered the same car weeks after you and my EDD is 5/2-6/4. I'm certain that my date is going to get pushed back based on you EDD. FML
hope you get yours so I can go to my SA and say "where is my car??" :p

I hope so, thanks for sharing this. The decision to remove the mobile connecter kit from Tesla's is quite possibly the worst corporate decision I've seen in the automotive industry, with exception to the approval of the Pontiac Aztec and AMC Pacer
I posted the response I got below. Seems pretty non-committal/they don’t know what’s going on either—

1314EF9C-E761-48B6-BBF7-01F04B60EF5D.jpeg

Reactions: jessepotter
I posted the response I got below. Seems pretty non-committal/they don’t know what’s going on either—

View attachment 795106
That almost looks like an automated canned response. Every other text I've seen in the threads today (good or bad) had a more human feel to it. Still for now, I see a lot more SA responses that pre-April 17th orders are getting the connector. I'd say Tesla is going to abide by this even if the connector is out of stock when we pick the vehicles up. We'll just get a voucher or they'll have it delivered to us when the supply catches up. If they go back on their word to provide it to us, the poop is really gonna hit the fan.

That almost looks like an automated canned response. Every other text I've seen in the threads today (good or bad) had a more human feel to it. Still for now, I see a lot more SA responses that pre-April 17th orders are getting the connector. I'd say Tesla is going to abide by this even if the connector is out of stock when we pick the vehicles up. We'll just get a voucher or they'll have it delivered to us when the supply catches up. If they go back on their word to provide it to us, the poop is really gonna hit the fan.
Yeah, it’s relatively minor $, much bigger customer service impact cost in my opinion. Hopefully they will do the right thing and include it for every pre-announcement order.

I bailed on Rivian when they hit my reservation with a (subsequently walked back) nearly $20k price increase - for both the $ and the horrible customer service.

Most of my SA interactions have been pretty robotic on their side. I got a little more human— “we’re waiting for answers just like you” when I asked if I would get a credit if the car shows up without the Connector.

With the provided information, the reason is apparent.

Elon hates you.
That would explain why he keeps driving past my house in a blue M3P, yelling obscenities, and then peeling out.

Seriously, though, there have been maybe 3 VINs in April so far. They must be missing some key part ... mobile chargers, maybe?