Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We might be SOL according to what’s in the sale agreement
716F8015-2CEC-4B20-A0F5-FF7DE3470CE4.jpeg

Agreed 100%.

My coworker got her M3LR less than a year ago, and has 1 year of connectivity and a mobile charger. Add to that she paid significantly less than current prices.

Covid/war or not, that is basically a greedy move by Tesla. #unimpressed

From another one of the many threads about the mobile charger pullback...

"Options, features or hardware released or changed after you place your order
may not be included in or available for your Vehicle."

This is listed under Agreement to Purchase section of the order agreement.

Seems like Tesla's lawyers got their language in the agreement that could basically screw us...

i hate to be Debbie Downer, but what's next?!?
Ah dang.

I just recently sold my M3LR RWD and that car came with everything at the time including the NEMA 14-50 adapter pigtail. They've fallen far since those days.

But it was inevitable that they got more focused on maximum profit at all costs like every other big Corp out there. Meanwhile the customers get nickel and dimed at every turn.

Also many apologists are already out there with "it's a $60k car. You can afford the $400 charger "

As if that's the point.

Reactions: Young Phenom
Major bummer on removing the charger. It's even out of stock online, so good luck getting one at all. I'm going to call the Tesla store tomorrow to see if they keep any in stock and pick one up, if so. Best case scenario, I wind up with two...worst case - I have to drive 25 miles each way (in the snow, up hill 😂) to my closest supercharger until I can get my hands on one.

I'm not a fan of the hardwired home charger. Push come to shove, though, I'll make a pigtail and make it portable. ;)

It's a stupid argument too. "data shows it isn't used"

I'd like for them to release that data, because I don't believe it. And even if it is true, why should it matter? Data shows airbags aren't used, doesn't mean they aren't important. People might be carrying mobile chargers for when they're needed, in emergencies or travelling.

I was planning on charging with it in my garage. Already purchased the 10-30 adapter and Splitvolt I was planning on using as well. The greed by Tesla here is out of this world. I know Elon needs money so he can game the stock market, but he is eroding the customer experience that may have differentiated Tesla. Can't wait for the rest of the industry to catch up and provide some well needed competition.

Edit #1: On a more serious note, can people who are getting their car delivered soon let us know if your vehicle came with a Mobile Connector or not? I also reached out to my SA so I will relay the message once my SA replies back.
Quick update on this.

My SA got back to me and said "So far there has been no announcement made". I'm guessing even Tesla hasn't communicated internally with the entire employees yet. I'd definitely reach out to your local SAs and ask them if they have any Mobile Connector kit on stock just in case. Based on everything that Tesla has been doing, I don't think they will grandfather in the Mobile Connector for subsequent deliveries after April. Fingers crossed that that won't happen but I don't have a good feeling about this.

Reactions: Panel Gaps
I will not accept delivery of our M3P if the mobile connector is not included.
I might not either. I'm so close to cancelling the order(mainly because I ordered thinking I'd have it in March) even though I didn't get all of the latest price increases. Then thinking about it I can basically get a C8 Corvette base model for the same price if they ever get in stock and aren't backordered a ton. I realize most here aren't looking at a corvette or M3p as their choices. But for me, I'm coming from a vette and like the performance of the M3P and I like the idea of electric as well but the performance is what sucked me in to an M3P.

I might not either. I'm so close to cancelling the order(mainly because I ordered thinking I'd have it in March) even though I didn't get all of the latest price increases. Then thinking about it I can basically get a C8 Corvette base model for the same price if they ever get in stock and aren't backordered a ton. I realize most here aren't looking at a corvette or M3p as their choices. But for me, I'm coming from a vette and like the performance of the M3P and I like the idea of electric as well but the performance is what sucked me in to an M3P.
Isn't the c8 faster than m3p in terms of 0-60 time? Only upside (or down depends on how you look at it) is its electric. On every other metrics I'd say the c8 is better. For me the M3P is just a dumb fast car, and I am ok with that because I pay the highest gas price in North America.

I totally understand where you are coming from talking about the C8. Part of my decision on the M3P was having a car that was practical again. I currently drive an ND2 Miata. Although I love the driving characteristics of the car, it's highly impractical. The M3P kind of checks all boxes. It's quick AND practical. Not having to go to a gas station is just another perk.

Reactions: Sheefo2k
Regarding the mobile charger:

I'm going to just sit tight and see if my car comes with one. If they say it doesn't, I'll make a scene and ask they provide one at the service center. If that fails, I'll have to patiently wait until it becomes available again on the Tesla website.

There is no sense in buying one now not knowing what is going to happen. Fleabay is already out of control on the prices of used chargers. It's best just to buy a new one directly from Tesla at this point.

Edit: My situation may be different than others here. I already have a wall charger installed at the house and my place of business has a level 2 charger I can use for free while I'm there. I know there are others here without easy access to other chargers and were counting on the mobile charger to get them by.

I understand the frustration, as I planned on using my mobile charger pretty much every day. But we can’t have it both ways. If Tesla announced a new feature after we ordered our cars, we’d all hope our cars had it even though it’s not in the sales literature. Doesn’t mean you have to be happy about it but you should accept it.
On the other hand I’m also on the verge of not accepting delivery and going another route. Between the $400 I have to now spend to get a charger and them lowering my trade in offer, I’m down $2k.
Also if chargers remain out of stock the prices on places like eBay are going to shoot up with the amount of new customers that need them. If I have to go without a mobile charger I think that might be the mail in the coffin for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney!
Isn't the c8 faster than m3p in terms of 0-60 time? Only upside (or down depends on how you look at it) is its electric. On every other metrics I'd say the c8 is better. For me the M3P is just a dumb fast car, and I am ok with that because I pay the highest gas price in North America.
Ever so slightly faster 0-60 and 1/4. I think they are 2.9 0-60 and 11.2 or so 1/4.

Tesla would be more practical as it's AWD and can be driven all year. It's not my every day vehicle so not the end of the world on that but would be nice.

Ah dang.

I just recently sold my M3LR RWD and that car came with everything at the time including the NEMA 14-50 adapter pigtail. They've fallen far since those days.

But it was inevitable that they got more focused on maximum profit at all costs like every other big Corp out there. Meanwhile the customers get nickel and dimed at every turn.

Also many apologists are already out there with "it's a $60k car. You can afford the $400 charger "

As if that's the point.
I mean yeah, I can afford that 400$ charger, but is it right? JUST STRAIGHT CAPITALISM LMAO That is like almost one days worth of work for me, still not right TESLA did that.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Also guys, YOU KNOW HOW THE GAME WORKS.

US, CUSTORMERS WE HAVE TO GIVE THEM HELL!!!! LOL GIVE ELON HELL. I THINK I READ IT HERE, OR MAYBE IN MOVIE.

KEEP ON GIVING IT TO THEM. YOU DO IT ONCE, than that is all, but KEEP GIVING THEM HELL MORE THAN ONCE, THEY OUTTA CHANGE WHAT THEY JUST DID.