Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1800 Miles over 4 states in 5 days of ownership :p .

Tint installed— 35% all around with 70 on the windshield, all ceramic. My last car had 20% all around with 50% up front, which I would have preferred again, but I figure the Model3 is already flashy enough so I don’t want to give anyone more reason to hassle me when driving out of state. Other add-ons include a front lip and a few stick-on bits, and 5mm Front / 15mm Rear spacers. Lowering springs and a new rear spoiler just arrived and should be going on in the next week or so! I am also half way through the road noise reduction kit install, but I already measured it at only 67dB on the highway, which is the same as my previous vehicle into which I had installed 75lb of sound deadening mat in the doors and trunk.

This vehicle is amazing. Even with the autopilot being a little quirkier than I had hoped, this vehicle overall continues to amaze me. In hindsight, it is hard to imagine $60-64k getting anywhere close to the overall vehicle experience and delivery experience.

Speaking of the delivery experience, indeed, I showed up about 30 minutes early in my Uber, expecting to have to wait. Nope, they politely began the process for me. I was out of there in about 15 minutes, after signing 4 pieces of paper and getting a quick 5-minute tutorial. I had never even been inside a Tesla when I got to the dealer, so I have been pleasantly surprised with how intuitive most everything has been.

*edit*
Oh, and I had a blast surprising various family members with the acceleration and handling of the vehicle over the trip! However, I will definitely be looking into a few 240v charging options (like various adapters and heavy duty 240v extension cords to steal power from dryer outlets) because plugging into 120v every night, while better than nothing, wasn’t quite cutting it when everyone wanted a ride all the time haha. I coasted into my last stop at 3% battery the night before I left for home :p.

View attachment 803178
Congratulations on your new car! It looks amazing and I think 35% looks perfect on your car and what I'm going with. Where did you get your mudflaps from? I've been killing time waiting for my delivery by buying and looking at accessories and mud flaps are the one thing that I really can't decide who to go with. So many mixed reviews on all of them.

Reactions: cf2111
Updated:

I'm starting a new club here on the forums. It will be called the Model 3 Performance February Orders Without Cars Club or "M3PFOWCC" for short.

I know, it rolls right off the tongue.

I'm looking for members, so please post if you have a February order and still don't have a car.

As the founder, I hope to pass on the mantle sooner rather than later.

Current Members:

jessepotter
Makes_Centz
Jmauld
SantaCruzOMB
Gulfcoaster
thill444
ayd-08
roundexplosion
RuffRidinNole

Last edited:
Updated:

I'm starting a new club here on the forums. It will be called the Model 3 Performance February Orders Without Cars Club or "M3PFOWCC" for short.

I'm looking for members, so please post if you have a February order and still don't have a car.

Current Members:

jessepotter
Makes_Centz
Jmauld
SantaCruzOMB
Gulfcoaster
thill444
roundexplosion
RuffRidinNole
Add me please.

1800 Miles over 4 states in 5 days of ownership :p .

Tint installed— 35% all around with 70 on the windshield, all ceramic. My last car had 20% all around with 50% up front, which I would have preferred again, but I figure the Model3 is already flashy enough so I don’t want to give anyone more reason to hassle me when driving out of state. Other add-ons include a front lip and a few stick-on bits, and 5mm Front / 15mm Rear spacers. Lowering springs and a new rear spoiler just arrived and should be going on in the next week or so! I am also half way through the road noise reduction kit install, but I already measured it at only 67dB on the highway, which is the same as my previous vehicle into which I had installed 75lb of sound deadening mat in the doors and trunk.

This vehicle is amazing. Even with the autopilot being a little quirkier than I had hoped, this vehicle overall continues to amaze me. In hindsight, it is hard to imagine $60-64k getting anywhere close to the overall vehicle experience and delivery experience.

Speaking of the delivery experience, indeed, I showed up about 30 minutes early in my Uber, expecting to have to wait. Nope, they politely began the process for me. I was out of there in about 15 minutes, after signing 4 pieces of paper and getting a quick 5-minute tutorial. I had never even been inside a Tesla when I got to the dealer, so I have been pleasantly surprised with how intuitive most everything has been.

*edit*
Oh, and I had a blast surprising various family members with the acceleration and handling of the vehicle over the trip! However, I will definitely be looking into a few 240v charging options (like various adapters and heavy duty 240v extension cords to steal power from dryer outlets) because plugging into 120v every night, while better than nothing, wasn’t quite cutting it when everyone wanted a ride all the time haha. I coasted into my last stop at 3% battery the night before I left for home :p.

View attachment 803178
How much difference does the boise reduction kit make in the real world? I am debating whether it is wirth messing with or not

Rhode Island

M3P Red/Black, no FSD
VIN: 2438**

OD: 3/4
7x EDD changes over the time
4/26 VIN received, EDD May 8th
5/3 EDD May 15th

Today I was passing Tesla and I saw 1 red car. I stopped by and it's mine. I talk to SA if I can pick it up now but they need to prep the car and documentation, so still May 15th pick up for me. With the quick look the car looks good, I didn't notice any paint chips or misalignments but the car is damn dirty :) I guess when they transport them from West to East they don't cover them. Car has Matrix light, I think M3P are not affected by retrofit. I asked about charger port and SA told me that my car wasn't affected and came with it.

Couple quick photos:

IMG-5449.JPG

IMG-5447.JPG

Congratulations on your new car! It looks amazing and I think 35% looks perfect on your car and what I'm going with. Where did you get your mudflaps from? I've been killing time waiting for my delivery by buying and looking at accessories and mud flaps are the one thing that I really can't decide who to go with. So many mixed reviews on all of them.
Thanks!

Mud flaps were from Amazon. Installed fine with no issues!
Farasla Upgraded No Drilling... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z7JVFN6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Reactions: Maric
How much difference does the boise reduction kit make in the real world? I am debating whether it is wirth messing with or not
I bought it not realizing how much quieter the car is than all the earlier reports made it seem. I am only about 1/3 through the install so I can’t say for sure, but I honestly wouldn’t bother with it since the acute wind noise the kit is meant to fix was not there in my 1500+ miles of 75mph highway driving.

Last edited:
Updated:

Current Members:

jessepotter
Makes_Centz
Jmauld
SantaCruzOMB
Gulfcoaster
thill444
ayd-08
roundexplosion
RuffRidinNole
make one for march!!!!

Got a little impatient today and decided to reach out to my SA and see if he had any updates. OD 3/7 with current EDD May 14-28, pickup in Fremont. He said I am currently very high in the queue and am in the “two week queue” he says. He says I should be receiving my VIN “very soon” 🙄 let’s see if that is any where near accurate.

Yeah they've been dodging my questions as well. I'm Fremont pick up, OD 03/04, current EDD is May 13-27. I've asked and they just say "refer to the estimate in your app". Real helpful when I've had two two week windows already get pushed, and I'm on the cusp of the third doing the same!

Because I'm OCD:

Total Cost of Tesla Model 3 Performance

Vehicle cost: 65754.74 (includes 250 order fee)

Wall charger: 588.50
Charger install: 1188
NEMA 14-50 adapter: 48.15
Center console trays: 32.10
All-weather floor mats full set: 149.79
USB hub, tempered glass screen protector, water-proof card holder: 63.07
Trunk hook: 8.55
Jack pads: 16.04
Mud guards: 27.81
PPF: 5000 (estimate)
Tint: 1010 (estimate)

Total Accessories: 8132.01

All-in: 73886.75

If I make minimum payments, my loan interest will be roughly $2050 over the course of 5 years with 1.38% APR.