Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because I'm OCD:

Total Cost of Tesla Model 3 Performance

Vehicle cost: 65754.74 (includes 250 order fee)

Wall charger: 588.50
Charger install: 1188
NEMA 14-50 adapter: 48.15
Center console trays: 32.10
All-weather floor mats full set: 149.79
USB hub, tempered glass screen protector, water-proof card holder: 63.07
Trunk hook: 8.55
Jack pads: 16.04
Mud guards: 27.81
PPF: 5000 (estimate)
Tint: 1010 (estimate)

Total Accessories: 8132.01

All-in: 73886.75

If I make minimum payments, my loan interest will be roughly $2050 over the course of 5 years with 1.38% APR.
As an aside, had I missed the cutoff for the mobile charger being included and had to buy the wall charger and mobile charging kit today, I would actually come out of pocket less money due to the price changes.

People are not getting ripped off as much as some would assume.

Rhode Island

M3P Red/Black, no FSD
VIN: 2438**

OD: 3/4
7x EDD changes over the time
4/26 VIN received, EDD May 8th
5/3 EDD May 15th

Today I was passing Tesla and I saw 1 red car. I stopped by and it's mine. I talk to SA if I can pick it up now but they need to prep the car and documentation, so still May 15th pick up for me. With the quick look the car looks good, I didn't notice any paint chips or misalignments but the car is damn dirty :) I guess when they transport them from West to East they don't cover them. Car has Matrix light, I think M3P are not affected by retrofit. I asked about charger port and SA told me that my car wasn't affected and came with it.

Couple quick photos:

View attachment 803344
View attachment 803345
CLEARLY!!! There's been a MAJOR mistake made by Tesla and their shipping dept. That's exactly what I ordered and it should have been delivered to Florida!!!

Well I tried again to try to figure out what is going on with my car (was supposed to take delivery last week). I can't get a straight answer. "You will get the car when you get that car, it has to go through our QA process". They can't give me a delivery window., I don't know what QA process takes 8 days. So I think either mine shipped with a missing part and they are waiting or it, or the car was damaged in transit and it's getting body work done. Either way nobody will tell me and I am starting to get pissed with the poor communication.

So I started reaching out to BMW dealers today and I may have secured an incoming M3 Xdrive with almost the exact options I wanted. I will confirm tomorrow and if that is the case will be putting down a deposit and will start the process of getting my money back from Tesla (I placed a large deposit when I was told the car was ready to be picked up in 2 days). So somebody might get lucky and get an M3P (unless it was damaged and repaired, then not sure how lucky you are).

Yeah they've been dodging my questions as well. I'm Fremont pick up, OD 03/04, current EDD is May 13-27. I've asked and they just say "refer to the estimate in your app". Real helpful when I've had two two week windows already get pushed, and I'm on the cusp of the third doing the same!
So I just got a call back from the local SA I spoke too when I did a test drive the day I ordered. He was able to give me way more info that makes me feel a little more optimistic. He says that my car currently is expected to leave the factory May 19th. He said I should expect my VIN assignment by May 17th at the latest. My car should include mobile connector and he went out and verified there was one included in a vehicle set for delivery today. He also read me the Tesla email stating all orders prior to 4/17 with receive the complimentary charger included.

Well I tried again to try to figure out what is going on with my car (was supposed to take delivery last week). I can't get a straight answer. "You will get the car when you get that car, it has to go through our QA process". They can't give me a delivery window., I don't know what QA process takes 8 days. So I think either mine shipped with a missing part and they are waiting or it, or the car was damaged in transit and it's getting body work done. Either way nobody will tell me and I am starting to get pissed with the poor communication.

So I started reaching out to BMW dealers today and I may have secured an incoming M3 Xdrive with almost the exact options I wanted. I will confirm tomorrow and if that is the case will be putting down a deposit and will start the process of getting my money back from Tesla (I placed a large deposit when I was told the car was ready to be picked up in 2 days). So somebody might get lucky and get an M3P (unless it was damaged and repaired, then not sure how lucky you are).
Communication is really a key and Tesla should work on it. There is nothing worst than info to the customer ""You will get the car when you get that car," I think Tesla's SA should be able to pull out exact information what is going on with the car. Customers would really appreciate that.

As an aside, had I missed the cutoff for the mobile charger being included and had to buy the wall charger and mobile charging kit today, I would actually come out of pocket less money due to the price changes.

So I just got a call back from the local SA I spoke too when I did a test drive the day I ordered. He was able to give me way more info that makes me feel a little more optimistic. He says that my car currently is expected to leave the factory May 19th. He said I should expect my VIN assignment by May 17th at the latest. My car should include mobile connector and he went out and verified there was one included in a vehicle set for delivery today. He also read me the Tesla email stating all orders prior to 4/17 with receive the complimentary charger included.
I did see somewhere that the mobile charger was not included on orders after 4/17 then that was changed to orders after 4/28 would not get the mobile charger. (I knew I should have taken a screen shot of that). Anyone else read the same thing?

Yeah they've been dodging my questions as well. I'm Fremont pick up, OD 03/04, current EDD is May 13-27. I've asked and they just say "refer to the estimate in your app". Real helpful when I've had two two week windows already get pushed, and I'm on the cusp of the third doing the same!
It’s really frustrating. I have the same OD as you and my EDD was 5/5-5/19. Received VIN 4/25, pickup at Colma, EDD switched to TBD on 5/5 and the SA hasn’t been able to give me any time window at all for two weeks now other than it’s ready and I’ll get a text soon.

Reactions: jessepotter
Communication is really a key and Tesla should work on it. There is nothing worst than info to the customer ""You will get the car when you get that car,

It’s really frustrating. I have the same OD as you and my EDD was 5/5-5/19. Received VIN 4/25, pickup at Colma, EDD switched to TBD on 5/5 and the SA hasn’t been able to give me any time window at all for two weeks now other than it’s ready and I’ll get a text soon.
I am betting it's the missing charge port issue. But I also worked at a car dealer during my pre college years and know that some cars come in damaged from transit and will go to the body shop for repairs. Or it could have some other issue that needs to be repaired. It would just be nice to get a straight answer. At least if it's the charge port they should have some idea on a delivery window. When they first told my car was delayed "due to weather" I was somewhat skeptical because they could not give me a new delivery window. Now the car "has to go through QA" sounds like another skeptical answer. How many people here had to wait a week for a car to get prepped after arriving at the delivery center?

Rhode Island

M3P Red/Black, no FSD
VIN: 2438**

OD: 3/4
7x EDD changes over the time
4/26 VIN received, EDD May 8th
5/3 EDD May 15th

Today I was passing Tesla and I saw 1 red car. I stopped by and it's mine. I talk to SA if I can pick it up now but they need to prep the car and documentation, so still May 15th pick up for me. With the quick look the car looks good, I didn't notice any paint chips or misalignments but the car is damn dirty :) I guess when they transport them from West to East they don't cover them. Car has Matrix light, I think M3P are not affected by retrofit. I asked about charger port and SA told me that my car wasn't affected and came with it.

Couple quick photos:

View attachment 803344
View attachment 803345
That is my exact order and my exact order date and I'm sitting here in Reno without even a VIN.

I am betting it's the missing charge port issue. But I also worked at a car dealer during my pre college years and know that some cars come in damaged from transit and will go to the body shop for repairs. Or it could have some other issue that needs to be repaired. It would just be nice to get a straight answer. At least if it's the charge port they should have some idea on a delivery window. When they first told my car was delayed "due to weather" I was somewhat skeptical because they could not give me a new delivery window. Now the car "has to go through QA" sounds like another skeptical answer. How many people here had to wait a week for a car to get prepped after arriving at the delivery center?
what's your VIN ?
My car was delayed, too. At first they told me it's affected by missing part but just couple days ago when I was talking with SA again he checked my order and told me that the car will arrive complete and doesn't miss anything. I saw the car today and the port wasn't covered so I believe it's true. In the last week when I stop by at Tesla many cars came with white tape on the charging port cover and SA said all off them wait on the "part" he never named what is it. All these cars are already gone from the lot so I think they already got parts for them.

Last edited:
what's your VIN ?
My car was delayed, too. At first they told me it's affected by missing part but just couple days ago when I was talking with SA again he checked my order and told me that the car will arrive complete and doesn't miss anything. I saw the car today and the port wasn't covered so I believe it's true. In the last week when I stop by at Tesla many cars came with white tape on the charging port cover and SA said all off them wait on the "part" he never named what is it.
239xxx. VIN received 4/25 scheduled delivery date was 5/5-8 (I picked 5/6). On 5/2 I was notified there was a delay due to weather. Since then nothing except literally was told “you will get the car when it gets here, it has to go through QA”. I then texted back just asking if the QA delay was due to a missing part or other issue with the car. Zero response back. Then I emailed that exact question and was told “we will let you know when you can come pickup your car“. No dates, no explanation. Nothing else.

I live in another state and have work travel coming up, so you can see where this is heading. I will miss my three day window to pickup the car, and then another long wait. Which means I also lose my finance rate since rates have increased.

It’s why I’m now trying to look into other brands an options. If this is how Tesla operates I’m not sure I trust them if the vehicle has issues and needs service.