Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have recommendations on the best quality products to get rid of this. I think i would prefer a matte carbon fiber look. I don’t want the glossy finish. I would like to order this before my M3P gets here. Thanks for the help
Also who makes the best floor liner kit. I want the westher tech style. I want to get a complete set for the floors, frunk and trunk. I want to get the ones that have the best fit quality

Foiled again :(

State of Michigan auto registration is allegedly down and Tesla cannot do any deliveries today.
Un-foiled!

Servers came back up and we took delivery

2424C031-84D8-4FC2-9DC9-A3D1D9773101.jpeg

Does anyone have recommendations on the best quality products to get rid of this. I think i would prefer a matte carbon fiber look. I don’t want the glossy finish. I would like to order this before my M3P gets here. Thanks for the help
Find a quality shop and have the wood trim wrapped in 3M wrap. You can find pretty much any color combo you want including a matte carbon fiber.

Well, my wait is finally over. I'm happy to report that as of last night, there is a shiny new midnight silver metallic M3P parked in my garage and happily sipping electricity from the wall connector I had installed around 2 months ago. Now I just have to wait for my PPF shop appointment to get some paint protection and window tint installed on it before I'll start using it as my daily driver.

Upon delivery inspection my car didn't have any quality issues that I felt were worth raising a fuss over. Certainly not any worse than any other cars I've owned previously, including two Fords, an Acura, and a BMW. The interior was perfect.

The paint appears to be excellent too, with no underspray or readily noticeable defects anywhere I could see. All four wheels are also flawless, and there were no scuffs under the front or rear bumpers. This morning I did notice a scrape on the front edge of the plastic underpan inside the right rear wheel well, just behind the wheel on the inside of the wheel well where the underpan curves up to meet the carpet-like wheel well lining. It's in a spot where the mud flaps I'll be installing will be though, so once those are on, it won't be visible at all. As a result, I'm not sure I really care about it. At least, not enough that I think it's worth rolling the dice on having someone try to fix it, knowing that they could very well cause new damage while attempting to do so. I've had bad experiences with such things in the past (thanks Acura).

Panel gaps on the exterior panels were good everywhere except (if I'm seriously nitpicking) the gap between the left trunk arm and the left rear quarter panel. On that side the gap between the two panels is a little bit larger compared to the other side, but it's a very minor difference and probably not something I would have even noticed if there hadn't been all the extra attention focused on panel gaps with these cars in the first place. Like the underpan scrape, I'm not sure it's worth the risk of having someone try to do anything about it, since the result of someone trying to fix it could be worse than just accepting it as it is. And aside from the difference in the gap size, nothing else looks off about the way the trunk lid sits. It lines up fine with the slope of the roof line, the rear glass, and the rear bumper.

I'm also happy to report that my car (with a build date of 05-05-22 and a VIN of 247XXX) does have the matrix projector headlights. It also came with the universal mobile connector, the NEMA 5-15 plug, and the SAE J1772 adapter in the trunk. It also has double layered front windows, is CCS enabled, and has the Ryzen based processor. If anyone knows how to check to see if the car has the new hairpin winding 3D6 motor, if it's easy to check, I'm curious to know whether the car has it or not. Im also curious about what battery it has, since I remember reading about there being several possibilities as far as brand and part number go.

As far as the experience of driving the car goes, I'm very happy. I drove home VERY carefully, making sure I followed behind absolutely no one in an effort to avoid any rock chips before the PPF is on. It's certainly easy to stay in front of all other traffic when you have such a prodigious amount of power available on command with just a flick of your right ankle. The acceleration is seriously strong and happens with such little delay compared to anything else I've ever driven. The ride quality is also so much more livable than my current daily driver Focus RS, with very little (if any) noticeable sacrifice in handling stability as a result of the improved ride comfort, at least, with the relatively tame driving style I tend to have most of the time. It might be a different story on a track, but I never tracked my RS and don't plan on tracking this car either.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy and looking forward to some fun times with this car. I hope everyone else who is waiting gets their cars soon too. It's certainly been worth the wait for me personally.

VIN: 5YJ3E1ECXNF247XXX
Build Date: 05-05-22

Order Details: M3P, MSM, Black Interior, No FSD
Delivery Location: Memphis, TN
03-05-22: Ordered (April delivery estimate on website)
03-05-22: EDD 1: 05-09-22 to 06-06-22 (4 weeks)
04-20-22: EDD 2: 05-29-22 to 07-03-22 (5 weeks)
04-25-22: EDD 3: 05-31-22 to 06-28-22 (4 weeks)
04-29-22: EDD 4: 05-13-22 to 05-26-22 (2 weeks)
05-05-22: EDD 5: 05-21-22 to 05-25-22 (5 days)
05-05-22: VIN assigned text received
05-05-22: Insurance info uploaded
05-06-22: Got intro text from local store ops manager
05-09-22: Ops manager confirmed: Build date 05-05-22
05-10-22: EDD 6: 05-26-22 to 05-30-22 (5 days)
05-11-22: Ops manager confirmed: ECU is not missing
05-13-22: EDD 7: 05-29-22 to 06-02-22 (5 days)
05-16-22: Delivery text/email received! Options of 05-26-22 to 05-28-22
05-17-22: Ops manager confirmed: Vehicle arrival expected 05-24-22
05-17-22: Ops manager scheduled delivery: 05-30-22
05-19-22: Car arrived early text received
05-19-22: Ops manager rescheduled delivery: 05-20-22
05-19-22: Accepted final agreement via app
05-20-22: Delivery accepted at local Tesla Store
IMG_20220520_182414367_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220520_182814600_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220520_182422334_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220520_182740019_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220520_182825892_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220520_182806806_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220520_182753791.jpg

Lucky you and congrats! I placed my order on 2/25/22 and my car has been sitting at the SC for a week waiting on that damn ECU.

Just curious but what in the world is up with that fender gap on a M3P?
My understanding is that the M3P and LR no longer have different suspension anymore, so the lowered ride height and smaller fender gap of the M3P are a thing of the past.

• Helpful
Reactions: theslimshadyist
Congratulations and I know you are going to have much enjoyment. I was jealous of your mounted temporary license plate. My "plate" was applied with adhesive inside the car on top of the rear window defrosters. Your service center did the right thing. My service center did not even bother to reply with a recommendation for the safest way to remove the adhesive.

Congratulations and I know you are going to have much enjoyment. I was jealous of your mounted temporary license plate. My "plate" was applied with adhesive inside the car on top of the rear window defrosters. Your service center did the right thing. My service center did not even bother to reply with a recommendation for the safest way to remove the adhesive.
Haha, honestly, I was so excited, I didn't even give the temporary plate more than a passing glance. My brain registered that it was there, but I had to look back at the photos just now to tell you when they expired. As for your adhesive issue, I'm sure isopropyl alcohol would be safe to use if there's any sticky residue left on your window, followed by a damp paper towel with water to get rid of any streaks.

Ok. I have every accessory known to man now i just need the CAR!! Actually i do still need to pick floor mat set including trunk and frunk. I just ordered the tesla wall charger because i like the look of it. I know nema 14-50 is smarter but **** it😂
The wall connector is actually capable of slightly faster charging than the maximum output of the mobile connector when combined with the NEMA 14-50 plug, so there's a reasonable rationale for paying the extra money for the wall connector, assuming it's wired up to properly take advantage of 240V at 48A. Like you said, it also looks cool, so there's that too.

For the floor mats, I went with the ones by Tesmanian, the full set, including frunk, trunk, and sub trunk, and they look and fit amazing. Very impressed. I was concerned that they would look too utilitarian, since they're thick rubber, but I actually like their look more than the 3D maxpider mats I have in my existing car.

I've been busy since picking up the M3P. It's been two weeks and this is how she looks now. She's had new wheels and tires. Removed the 20" and went with an 18" with all season tires. Additionally, got some really nice floor, frunk, and trunk liners, and she got her windows tinted. 20% back and rear sides, 35% front sides, and 70% on windshield.

Let me know what you guys think!

View attachment 806779
Looks great! But are you sure that's 20 out back? Sure looks real dark. Looks more like 5.
Still struggling with what to tint mines. 35 too light but 20 too dark.

The wall connector is actually capable of slightly faster charging than the maximum output of the mobile connector when combined with the NEMA 14-50 plug, so there's a reasonable rationale for paying the extra money for the wall connector, assuming it's wired up to properly take advantage of 240V at 48A. Like you said, it also looks cool, so there's that too.

For the floor mats, I went with the ones by Tesmanian, the full set, including frunk, trunk, and sub trunk, and they look and fit amazing. Very impressed. I was concerned that they would look too utilitarian, since they're thick rubber, but I actually like their look more than the 3D maxpider mats I have in my existing car.
Thanks for the recommendation i just ordered the floor mats. I figure if a self proclaimed OCD recommends them then they gotta be pretty good😂

Reactions: NateWithOCD