Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! New to the forums. Adding my details below.

M3LR
Original OD: 4/6
EDD: Aug - Oct 2022

Upgrade to Performance: 4/28

M3P White/Black interior no FSD
EDD: 5/25 - 6/22
Text Received For Trade-In: 5-19
New EDD (assigned on 5/26) : 6/4 - 6/18

Still no Vin…

Let me know if you need any more details.
Seems like a lot of people received their vin shortly after receiving a text about trade-in. I’m coming up on 10 days since this text with no update. Idk, it’s tough to plan when you have no realistic idea when the car is coming. I’m just frustrated and impatient, ignore me lol.

I may be on vacation during pick up if my M3. I’ve heard they will only wait 3 days and the VIN will assigned to someone else. I will then have to wait again for another VIN. Would I go to the back of the line? I have busy Sumner schedule with multiple trips planned and this process doesn’t offer much flexibility,
Any insight on this process is much appreciated. Thank you!

Seems like a lot of people received their vin shortly after receiving a text about trade-in. I’m coming up on 10 days since this text with no update. Idk, it’s tough to plan when you have no realistic idea when the car is coming. I’m just frustrated and impatient, ignore me lol.
I am in the bay area and have that exact window. Maybe they have a batch of cars planned for our area during that time

Reactions: Fatalis
Are there any other February orders still waiting? Or, to put it differently, who all is still waiting for the charge port and for how long have you been waiting?

My car has been sitting at the local SC since at least May 10 (though I suspect it was there May 5; VIN was assigned April 25). They are unable to say when the part will arrive and when delivery can be scheduled. They claim that they have yet to receive any charge ports but that the regional distribution center has them. Surrounding SCs have received some over the past two weeks. They also processed the loan when it was initially supposed to be delivered (May 11)! I’m beyond frustrated. I’m penalized for buying my car in February rather than April. Honestly, I don’t know how to handle this.

Are there any other February orders still waiting? Or, to put it differently, who all is still waiting for the charge port and for how long have you been waiting?

My car has been sitting at the local SC since at least May 10 (though I suspect it was there May 5; VIN was assigned April 25). They are unable to say when the part will arrive and when delivery can be scheduled. They claim that they have yet to receive any charge ports but that the regional distribution center has them. Surrounding SCs have received some over the past two weeks. They also processed the loan when it was initially supposed to be delivered (May 11)! I’m beyond frustrated. I’m penalized for buying my car in February rather than April. Honestly, I don’t know how to handle this.
What do you mean processed? Like you accepted delivery or something?

What do you mean processed? Like you accepted delivery or something?
My car is fully paid for. I submitted my down payment May 10, as the app was telling me to complete all steps to avoid delivery delays. At that point no one ever said my car was undeliverable as it needed a part and, at that time, when asked what the next steps are, the SA said my next step was to schedule delivery through the app. And so I submitted the down payment. As for the loan, my bank says they put the money in an account for Tesla to withdraw from when ready. Tesla withdrew that money on May 11, i.e. the loan is processed and the loan period has started.

My car is fully paid for. I submitted my down payment May 10, as the app was telling me to complete all steps to avoid delivery delays. At that point no one ever said my car was undeliverable as it needed a part and, at that time, when asked what the next steps are, the SA said my next step was to schedule delivery through the app. And so I submitted the down payment. As for the loan, my bank says they put the money in an account for Tesla to withdraw from when ready. Tesla withdrew that money on May 11, i.e. the loan is processed and the loan period has started.
Well fawk, I’d be in someone’s office!

Yes, I ordered on 2/25 and tomorrow my car will have been sitting at the Brentwood, TN SC for 3 weeks waiting on that damn charge port ECU. So frustrating given that this will be my 6th Tesla that I have purchased new.

I would go to the tesla showroom and start working my way up the chain there. Thst is unacceptable and possibly illegal for them to fund the loan without providing the merchandise

I remember some website Tesla accessory place that carries the T badging in black, can't remember who. They were quite expensive too.
You can remove them and have a quality body shop paint them correctly for cheap, them reinstall them with the red backed 3M badging tape.

*EDIT* Found the site.....
Never used them but www.misteremblem.com

Reactions: Boukephalas
Well fawk, I’d be in someone’s office!
Yeah, I’ve been but am going again tomorrow.
I would go to the tesla showroom and start working my way up the chain there. Thst is unacceptable and possibly illegal for them to fund the loan without providing the merchandise
Thank you for the advice. Will do.
Yes, I ordered on 2/25 and tomorrow my car will have been sitting at the Brentwood, TN SC for 3 weeks waiting on that damn charge port ECU. So frustrating given that this will be my 6th Tesla that I have purchased new.
Thank you for responding. That they are treating such a loyal customer so poorly just goes to show how bad a decision this was on Tesla’s part. I hope this is the week for your delivery.

I am ready to graduate finally! Will post more later but this car is incredible. The wait was tough but so worth it! And my GF found Disney Caroke on the way home so she is thrilled haha
590B4870-BA34-4FBD-8C76-CE14D75B3ADA.jpeg
3CEB615C-8CF4-4A5B-B956-688C9535CCFA.jpeg
7FDF92CA-87EF-4AB5-8891-6ED24FC47CB9.jpeg
85639EA9-DE75-4092-86A3-63BB8336A999.jpeg
5A62AFBC-007D-4B56-B8FC-62DB54D08FD7.jpeg