Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have rejected two M3P's at delivery in the last 2 months, I'm very depressed and about given up. What's coming out of the Tesla Fremont CA factory is atrocious garbage 90% of the time.

Here are just a few pictures of the last one I rejected....View attachment 821543View attachment 821544View attachment 821545View attachment 821546View attachment 821547View attachment 821548
Those issues are egregious. The fact that Tesla just hopes someone takes the car is baffling. And the worst part is someone might have, after you rejected it.

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
OK I took my delivery on Saturday 12 PM as scheduled. It was an uneventful process. Car did not have any major issues. Did not notice any major gap issue or maybe I was not able to find, see the last 2 photos of the gaps between the bumper and right and left fenders, I felt the gap on the left side a bit more than on the right. But really did not bother me, at this stage I do not want to reject the car for such an issue as long as it does not affect the functionality, stability and looks of the car. If an issue does not bother me I will leave at it. Paint had no issues at all. Even the interior was clean, did not notice any. At one point I was trying to find any issue, above that it will be nitpicking.
Though, I had one issue, the attitude of the sales lady delivering my car. Her attitude was like take it or leave it. I just wanted to discuss with her the small gap issue I found, though it did not bother me, her words were "Sales people do not fix cars". Book a service appointment. Just gave me 30 minutes for the whole process and was in a hurry. Never made me feel valued customer. I feel Tesla needs a serious competition, to change their after sales and service handling. But for now they have built an excellent car and technology.
Do not get these small irks to lose interest, because driving this car is total new experience. I did not hear or feel any sounds or rattle while driving home. It was smooth and perfect. Oh! and the instant torque and handling, makes all the waits and issues you had like a bad dream, because it is really a dream to drive this car.
Folks who are waiting, I will tell you, the wait will be worth it.
By the way, I felt my car windows had tint, cant believe Tesla will give me a free tint, maybe I am mistaken and cant figure out, you guys take a look at the pictures and see if it has. This car is new to me, so I cant figure it out.
If it has some kinda window tint, I will do the PPF only front half.

Looks good to me. I would have accepted it too.

Was your saleslady the blonde that sits next to the window? That's who I dealt with and I felt extremely rushed. She was clearly trying to get me out of there. She did at least go through some basic infotainment functions to get me going. If it weren't for my morning pre-inspection I don't think I would have felt comfortable with the way she handled the delivery.

Reactions: kevz and Flatbroke
Car looks great, glad it worked out.

I feel bad for the delivery reps since they are having to delivery so many cars every single day. I has to become numbing to them. And all the QC that we talk about, they see every day. And have to have the same "Accept the car and schedule a service visit, or reject the car" over and over. I bet it is soul sucking. I wonder how long these people last in these positions. I would love to see an AMA with them and someone in assembly line.
Tesla was hiring Seasonal delivery persons for end of quarter deliveries. With that in mind, not long.

You think this was a rejected car? Why would the factory go though the trouble of finding these things, marking them and even measuring things just to ship it to a customer?

I wonder if your rejected first order could have put you at the top of the list for a new VIN, so as soon as someone rejected this one it was assigned to you?
You could be right, who knows. Its SUCH a shame quality control is SO BAD with Tesla, a real shame. The Tesla folks at the delivery center have been fantastic and I feel their pain too, and especially the techs being overwhelmed with the garbage Tesla is sending out of the factory.

CC146807-9153-4E63-940F-E6EB8A8E38FA.jpeg

You could be right, who knows. Its SUCH a shame quality control is SO BAD with Tesla, a real shame. The Tesla folks at the delivery center have been fantastic and I feel their pain too, and especially the techs being overwhelmed with the garbage Tesla is sending out of the factory.
Only competition will bring about change. Tesla has a wait list a mile long who will take anything they produce. Once they are forced to confront this issue, then they will address it.

Reactions: julit0 and t-rex266
Only competition will bring about change. Tesla has a wait list a mile long who will take anything they produce. Once they are forced to confront this issue, then they will address it.
Ya know....You are absolutely correct. Competition drives innovation, and in Teslas case, radical improvements to manufacturing QC and customer service in order for Tesla to remain out front, otherwise they'll be eaten alive.

Personally, I strongly believe Musk needs to step aside at Tesla and they need to bring someone in from say VW, Hyundai, Ford, MB....to drive the next phase. Musk did a great job reviving the brand and driving it this far, but he's in over his head now with SpaceX, Twitter Bull$hiT, and god knows what else.

Tesla needs a COMPLETE corporate overhaul. It is NOT a tight ship in any sense of the term.
I find this very concerning and wonder how things will be dealt with during the upcoming recession. Reflecting upon the steps EM is taking to prepare for the impending recession has caused me to contemplate further his actions as each of our households operates like a business in some sense, money in/ money out. I am thankful my DD was moved out and gives me time to make an informed decision on what is best for my particular situation based upon these principles found in an article written in Inc. by KELLY MAIN, WRITER AND ADVISER. I really really want the Car but We do not need it and Dang it. @Gulfcoaster and others experiences is leaving me with some reservation.
  • Put big risks on pause
  • Cut back on superfluous spending
  • Reduce costly overhead
  • Avoid high-interest debt (and interest in general, as much as possible)

Ya know....You are absolutely correct. Competition drives innovation, and in Teslas case, radical improvements to manufacturing QC and customer service in order for Tesla to remain out front, otherwise they'll be eaten alive.

Personally, I strongly believe Musk needs to step aside at Tesla and they need to bring someone in from say VW, Hyundai, Ford, MB....to drive the next phase. Musk did a great job reviving the brand and driving it this far, but he's in over his head now with SpaceX, Twitter Bull$hiT, and god knows what else.
The best thing that could happen to Tesla is to bring in a Tim Cook kind of CEO to drive logistics, supply chain, QC and delivery. And Elon can keep coming up with great ideas, that can be delivered in constructive ways.

The best thing that could happen to Tesla is to bring in a Tim Cook kind of CEO to drive logistics, supply chain, QC and delivery. And Elon can keep coming up with great ideas, that can be delivered in constructive ways.
BINGO !! Perfect. Maybe an Amazon exec...

Say, how's VT been? Great state, I went to UVM before heading off to Boston U. I put a lot of miles on Route 100 😂

Reactions: Flatbroke
I find this very concerning and wonder how things will be dealt with during the upcoming recession. Reflecting upon the steps EM is taking to prepare for the impending recession has caused me to contemplate further his actions as each of our households operates like a business in some sense, money in/ money out. I am thankful my DD was moved out and gives me time to make an informed decision on what is best for my particular situation based upon these principles found in an article written in Inc. by KELLY MAIN, WRITER AND ADVISER. I really really want the Car but We do not need it and Dang it. @Gulfcoaster and others experiences is leaving me with some reservation.
  • Put big risks on pause
  • Cut back on superfluous spending
  • Reduce costly overhead
  • Avoid high-interest debt (and interest in general, as much as possible)
I bought a 2015 P85D in early 2018 for 70k. A little while later the value of the car went from 70 to 45. Supply and demand as the model 3 was taking all the demand. With Tesla prices at these inflated levels, and a possible recession coming, we may see the used Tesla market take a similar hit. Meaning you may find a used M3P with low miles for 15k off as demand wanes.

Or none of that can come true :) Money feels imaginary for the last 3 years.

BINGO !! Perfect. Maybe an Amazon exec...

Say, how's VT been? Great state, I went to UVM before heading off to Boston U. I put a lot of miles on Route 100 😂
You can't beat spring and summer in VT. I am originally from Florida. Its 89 at 9AM there now. And its not even August yet!

The people of VT are really really nice. Everyone lets everyone else be who they want and do what they want. Its a lot different that America as a whole right now.

I bought a 2015 P85D in early 2018 for 70k. A little while later the value of the car went from 70 to 45. Supply and demand as the model 3 was taking all the demand. With Tesla prices at these inflated levels, and a possible recession coming, we may see the used Tesla market take a similar hit. Meaning you may find a used M3P with low miles for 15k off as demand wanes.

Or none of that can come true :) Money feels imaginary for the last 3 years.
No Kidding!!!

Reactions: dnstommy