Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone! Just another update on my order. OD: 6/27, MSM/Black, EAP. Order EDD: June-August, EDD 6/28: Aug 13-Sept 17. No VIN. No changes since the day after I placed my order. Hoping for an update soon!
Very nice. Same order date as me and my latest (2nd) EDD is literally one day off on both ends as yours. (M3P/white/white)

I'm thinking that our DD will be Aug ~14th +/-. Thoughts?

I'm convinced that Tesla has a human psychology department that works with programmers to developed the mind game algorithm lol... More power to them. It works...

Reactions: jackb22
Very nice. Same order date as me and my latest (2nd) EDD is literally one day off on both ends as yours. (M3P/white/white)

I'm thinking that our DD will be Aug ~14th +/-. Thoughts?

I'm convinced that Tesla has a human psychology department that works with programmers to developed the mind game algorithm lol... More power to them. It works...
That would be fantastic! First/second week of August is what I am definitely hoping for.

Reactions: unlock
I still have yet to receive any communication from them since I placed my order. I got the confirmation emails, of course, but no human interaction up to this point.
Same here honestly. I am not even sure which part of the state I will be doing my pick up in. The last time I bought a Tesla my SA was terrible and made it seem like asking him basic questions about my order was ruining his life.

Reactions: jackb22
20220629_193217.jpg
what you guys think of this color? I saw it in the parking lot the other day and thought it looked sweet.

Finally made an account to begin participating in the waiting room!
M3P White/Black, No EAP/FSD, Located in Dallas, TX!
OD 6/12, EDD 8/2 - 9/6

Been quite some time without any sort of EDD change, hoping for something soon!

Also, for a full body PPF, matte or gloss at no additional cost, plus 2 years of ceramic coating, I’m quoted at $5800. That seems like a relatively good deal right?
Welcome. I’m waiting on the same build (white/black) and in the DFW area too. I ordered a LR about a month earlier (5/7) and switched to Perf on 6/24. Got my first 2 week window this week of 7/18-7/30. Don’t have much faith though if the factory isn’t running and we’re far away.

$5800 sounds pretty good from what I’ve seen. I’ve visited 2 places to check their work and gotten quotes from about 5-6. Since I’m getting white, I think I’ll skip the PPF and just get ceramic and tint to save a little $. Who knows though. I’ve changed my mind 20x already while I wait.

Broken record here. Still no change on my EDD. Ordered 6/18. EDD still 8/26 to 10/7?
My cousin is a contractor at Tesla. He said the shut down for maintenance was only supposed to go through Thursday and that ops would resume Friday 7/8.
Probably takes a few days just to get things back online. Three weeks and still clueless.

Reactions: shodnett
Any chance that this factory maintenance might mean improvements/upgrades in the models?
Doubt it. Not unless Musk got a wild hair up his behind and decided to start doing LIDAR. It is probably just standard maintenance and refurbishment. And they probably decided to do it when most employees will be taking time off anyway for summer vacations.

Reactions: julit0 and shodnett
Welcome. I’m waiting on the same build (white/black) and in the DFW area too. I ordered a LR about a month earlier (5/7) and switched to Perf on 6/24. Got my first 2 week window this week of 7/18-7/30. Don’t have much faith though if the factory isn’t running and we’re far away.

$5800 sounds pretty good from what I’ve seen. I’ve visited 2 places to check their work and gotten quotes from about 5-6. Since I’m getting white, I think I’ll skip the PPF and just get ceramic and tint to save a little $. Who knows though. I’ve changed my mind 20x already while I wait.
I still can’t believe mine hasn’t updated at all in nearly 4 weeks!! Hopefully I get a 2 week window soon, if not I’ll be carless for a bit haha

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
This graphic bothers me so much. Look how close the car is to the one behind it and how little space the car with the one in front of it. Looks dangerous. Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t see why Tesla thinks this is a good idea
9F5B5C0C-1085-45B8-96C6-76DFA069ED1B.jpeg

Regardless, I’m buying EAP but I just find it interesting they’d let something like this slip

This graphic bothers me so much. Look how close the car is to the one behind it and how little space the car with the one in front of it. Looks dangerous. Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t see why Tesla thinks this is a good ideaView attachment 826544
Regardless, I’m buying EAP but I just find it interesting they’d let something like this slip
It's Elon. Lives on the edge. When I see that image I can't help but to think of the song from Ludacris - Move ______.

On a serious note, say the EAP did side swipe the bar behind you, I wonder if you can get out of it by saying "It was the car not me, send a bill to Elon." - jk ... see it's hard to take Tesla seriously, because it's one of the greatest memes of the century.

Nice Red M3P btw, looks great. What percentage tint did you go with?

It's Elon. Lives on the edge. When I see that image I can't help but to think of the song from Ludacris - Move ______.

On a serious note, say the EAP did side swipe the bar behind you, I wonder if you can get out of it by saying "It was the car not me, send a bill to Elon." - jk ... see it's hard to take Tesla seriously, because it's one of the greatest memes of the century.

Nice Red M3P btw, looks great. What percentage tint did you go with?
Thank you. I owe some updated pics of some of the upgrades I did. But to answer your question: I went with 15% all around (including full back piece), and 70% on the windshield

Thank you. I owe some updated pics of some of the upgrades I did. But to answer your question: I went with 15% all around (including full back piece), and 70% on the windshield

Very nice. I was debating on what % to go with and was originally thinking of doing 15% or 20% on the sides, 70-80% on the front windshield and 50% on the rear (one piece) that would make the rear top 17.5% with the overlap.

But after seeing all the great looking M3Ps here with 15% all around, it's tempting to just go 15% on the sides. How's the rear and side visibility at night with 15%? One of the reasons I wanted to do 50% on the rear windshield was to have some visibility, with the hopes of the darker sides (15%) would make looking in from the rear a little darker.

Then I'm curious about the uniformity as having different shade of tint can throw off the balance. Hmmm....

BTW noticed your OD and DD... impressive. Pays to be close to the factory.

Reactions: RedRocketM3P