Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you in Springfield, MO or IL? Also, how'd you upload your insurance card with no VIN yet? I'm in Kansas City and received a trade-in offer as well, about 2k less than what I could get at even the stingiest of dealers. Guys at Leawood Tesla said that was a huge drawback about Tesla and they have been taking the complaints up the flagpole. I personally have my vehicle for sale privately and will use dealership offers as a last resort. Dealerships are hurting for cars right now, trust me on that.

Order my 2021 M3P White Exterior\Black Interior on Nov 20th. Leawood Tesla said expect VIN between Dec 9-16 and at worst Dec 31st for delivery. As you've probably heard many times, Tesla wants those strong Q4 delivery numbers. Here's hoping.

Springfield VA, actually Burke VA now but I still use Springfield in all my message board profiles. Picking up in Tysons Corner.

I haven’t been prompted to upload an insurance card yet. I have delivery location, registration info and payment method (Tesla financing for me 2.19% which my CU would only try to match). I have a delivery date range of 12/12-31. Got the text last week of a 2-5 week range.

Seems like things are on track. I suppose.

Also, my trade in was about $1,300 than my preliminary offer from Carvana. The logistics behind that are just kinda annoying.

Trend seems to be the exterior color white is being allocated first. This is the second white one. Maybe the optional colors will be phase 2.

Does anyone have the ability to see how many P's have been ordered for Q4 delivery in the US?
And what capacity the plant produces them at?
I'm assuming not everyone who orders is an active lunatic on these forums (like we are) so it's hard to gauge just using this message thread.

Does anyone have the ability to see how many P's have been ordered for Q4 delivery in the US?
And what capacity the plant produces them at?
I'm assuming not everyone who orders is an active lunatic on these forums (like we are) so it's hard to gauge just using this message thread.
We ordered the same setup. I ordered on 10/25. No VIN and ETA now shows 12/5-12/30

LA Area, M3P, White exterior, black interior

9/8 - original order date
9/16 - VIN assigned (declined this one due to 2021 rumors)
9/24 - Another VIN assigned + free 1,000 mile super charging offer (declined to hold off for 2021 MY)
11/10 - Received the 2-6 week text
11/29 - Received the ready for delivery text with VIN assigned on account
12/2 - Appointment at Burbank center

San Diego, M3P, MSM with black interior no FSD

10/16 - order date

Expected delivery range was 11/19-12/19

vin posted 11/29

Home delivery just scheduled for 12/3

I ordered a MSM and still nothing for me.

I honestly question how much impact our SA's have on 'green lighting' production. I finalized my order over the phone (payment/financing) with my SA and it didn't update. I waited a week and nothing. Called back getting a different SA and I get 'oh, yeah it didn't update, let me fix that on my end' Arg, I don't want to be punished for just having blind faith the SA's know what they're doing. Either way, life lesson learned. I'll keep ya'll posted.

I ordered a MSM and still nothing for me.

I honestly question how much impact our SA's have on 'green lighting' production. I finalized my order over the phone (payment/financing) with my SA and it didn't update. I waited a week and nothing. Called back getting a different SA and I get 'oh, yeah it didn't update, let me fix that on my end' Arg, I don't want to be punished for just having blind faith the SA's know what they're doing. Either way, life lesson learned. I'll keep ya'll posted.
I feel this same way with mine. After I talked to them today my account seemed like it went backwards. THey reevaluated my trade in and all the progress it showed on my account went back to the beginning it looks like. No completed steps, but everything is checked off. Weird.

Are you in Springfield, MO or IL? Also, how'd you upload your insurance card with no VIN yet? I'm in Kansas City and received a trade-in offer as well, about 2k less than what I could get at even the stingiest of dealers. Guys at Leawood Tesla said that was a huge drawback about Tesla and they have been taking the complaints up the flagpole. I personally have my vehicle for sale privately and will use dealership offers as a last resort. Dealerships are hurting for cars right now, trust me on that.

Order my 2021 M3P White Exterior\Black Interior on Nov 20th. Leawood Tesla said expect VIN between Dec 9-16 and at worst Dec 31st for delivery. As you've probably heard many times, Tesla wants those strong Q4 delivery numbers. Here's hoping.

KC here as well.

M3P - MSM, white interior, FSD.

Ordered - 10/29
Expected delivery - 12/3-12/31
On 11/19 I received a text saying 2-5 weeks for delivery.

Website updated for a few days with 11/24-12/10, but has since gone back to 12/3-12/31.

Ordered 10/22
White in white with FSD
original delivery date window 11-26 thru 12-20
New window date: 12/03-12/31
Trading in our 19 model 3 P with FSD for this one.
For us tho, this is all normal. We have done this dance with Tesla a few times and it’s always the same. It will happen when you least expect it. But it will come before the end of the year. Repeat, it will come before the end of the year. I know it’s hard but hang in there everyone. Calling and bugging them does little. Theirs some truth to the SA no knowledge thing. But I have found when I feel like someone isn’t doing what they should or could, call the store *if possible of course* I had way more luck with them. In fact I’ve become friends with some of them. But most likely the next week or 2 will be filled with vin assignments followed by rapid and I mean rapid delivery

Reactions: wesgeo and adregia
KC here as well.

M3P - MSM, white interior, FSD.

Ordered - 10/29
Expected delivery - 12/3-12/31
On 11/19 I received a text saying 2-5 weeks for delivery.

Website updated for a few days with 11/24-12/10, but has since gone back to 12/3-12/31.

Did you order online or at Tesla? I’m wondering if deliveries will be in bulk or individually based on order date. Considering you order a month before and we almost have the same time frame.

Ordered 10/22
White in white with FSD
original delivery date window 11-26 thru 12-20
New window date: 12/03-12/31
Trading in our 19 model 3 P with FSD for this one.
For us tho, this is all normal. We have done this dance with Tesla a few times and it’s always the same. It will happen when you least expect it. But it will come before the end of the year. Repeat, it will come before the end of the year. I know it’s hard but hang in there everyone. Calling and bugging them does little. Theirs some truth to the SA no knowledge thing. But I have found when I feel like someone isn’t doing what they should or could, call the store *if possible of course* I had way more luck with them. In fact I’ve become friends with some of them. But most likely the next week or 2 will be filled with vin assignments followed by rapid and I mean rapid delivery

Curious as to why you are trading in your 2019 for a 2021? Sometimes I consider buying a used 2019 to save some money.

Did you order online or at Tesla? I’m wondering if deliveries will be in bulk or individually based on order date. Considering you order a month before and we almost have the same time frame.

I actually stopped by the State Line 'dealership' since I didn't realize how Tesla does things. After talking with them for a few minutes, they instructed me that I needed to order online.