Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this thread (and TMC) from Reddit.

I got my VIN yesterday for my M3P I ordered on 10/16.

Northern VA. Says delivery is between Dec 8 - Dec 14.

Also, been involved in a thread about that pic of the MSM Performance with the huge gaps. Stretching the tire over a rim that’s .5” wider only accounts for a quarter inch on each side of the midline. That would be imperceptible.

I lightened one of the images posted here and you can see shadows are at play - the real gap is quite small.

View attachment 613068
Have you got a link to the original photo?

This is most likely due to an optical illusion. Also they are using a 235 tire on a 9in wheel. It fits but it is stretching. Which will reduce sidewall even further. At 245 would better suit the wheel. Hell a 255 would be sweet. It’s also new and *could settle* a little more with more miles. I agree it appears higher than previous model. But theirs new wheels, wider wheels, different tires being used. So it’s a lot that factored in.
Has anyone actually seen what tyre they are putting on the 2021 M3P or is it being assumed it's still a 235?

Has anyone actually seen what tyre they are putting on the 2021 M3P or is it being assumed it's still a 235?

Not an assumption. Zoomed in from pics posted here of the white one.

5A3F8BC1-C226-4463-82BC-D12E480B40D0.png

Reactions: Marius A
For any Norwegians watching this thread.
Ship with most of the TM3P is expected to arrive Drammen on December 14th, with deliveries starting 2 days after arrival. They process cars in the order they're unloaded, so picking from existing inventory today you might get a car before somebody who ordered in October depending on where it's physically placed in the ship.
Initial inspection is done before they ship them to Norway, and when they arrive they are all prepped (probably stuff like changing to winter tires, going over details, et al.) which is why it takes ~2 days before delivery starts.
With your VIN they can see if the car has been unloaded or not, but they don't have a system to pick it out in a lot. Technically they could flash the lights and have somebody look for it, but they aren't gonna make a big interruption in the normal delivery process to cater for an individual's needs. They move a bunch of cars from the dock to the delivery center, as they can't have all of them there at once, so exact delivery time is handed out in batches.
Thanks for the info. Where/how did you hear about this?

Any news on final delivery in Drammen or Lillestrøm?

Thanks for the info. Where/how did you hear about this?

Any news on final delivery in Drammen or Lillestrøm?
Talked to several people at delivery, sales and actual workers in Drammen. It's all the information I got that nobody contradicted. My sales rep is really honest about stuff that they just don't know and that she knows a lot of reps "state opinions as facts".

I didn't ask about final delivery, I just assumed it would be Drammen like it was when I picked up my previous one. I picked up my LR in Lillestrøm in March 2018, but that was only a temporary site. My TM3P had delivery in Drammen in Dec 2019.
Don't ask me why I've bought 3 Model 3's, it's a long and stupid story.

Reactions: DaDa
Thanks, I hadn't seen that. Why are they fitting 235 PZeros to a 9" wheel? I don't get that at all. Should have stuck with the PS4S or put a 245 on there.

Hard to say. I can say that you only need to “stretch” the tire a quarter of an inch on each side of the rim to make up the difference which as I’ve said before should be imperceptible.

The question I have is how do we know, and do we know definitely that these are 9” wide vs 8.5? I’m having trouble finding this info.

Hard to say. I can say that you only need to “stretch” the tire a quarter of an inch on each side of the rim to make up the difference which as I’ve said before should be imperceptible.

The question I have is how do we know, and do we know definitely that these are 9” wide vs 8.5? I’m having trouble finding this info.
They are in the 3 parts catalog as 20 x 9.