Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In some European countries it's against the law to drive without winter tires during the winter weeks, so they have to deliver with winter tires or customers won't legally be able to drive off the lot.

Sigh, makes so much sense, especially since the M3P comes standard with summer tires (and that the warranty at least of the Michelin Pilot Sport S's are (potentially) voided if driven under a certain temperature threshold, probably the same with Pirelli's).

Is this price difference reflected in the purchase price and do you get two sets of wheels?

Updated video of 2021 M3P

Still not in love with the wheels. I also feel like the wheel gap is larger.

The Track Package wheels also make the gap look big. Those happen to be 20x9 also, but come equipped with 245/35 20.

May just be a case of very few wheels looking “right”, although I still need to see more to say 100%.

From the Sentry Mode video - looks fine here:

138E5D9C-5B9B-4F78-AD8D-BD668BBC58FD.png

The Track Package looking like an AMC Eagle...

27CAF220-1BA1-4E76-AA3B-B1B3F36A52D1.jpeg

Reactions: Ralbright
For those living in colder climates, what y'all doing for winter setups? The idea of picking up my M3P with summer tires on in the middle of winter terrifies me.

I had 19" T-sportline winter package on my previous LR, but hated the Sottozero 3s. It also seems like they've gone up in price
Also, thinking of the Gemini set, but again expensive and Sottozero 3s....

I may just end up going the Replika route with better tires.

Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
For those living in colder climates, what y'all doing for winter setups? The idea of picking up my M3P with summer tires on in the middle of winter terrifies me.

I had 19" T-sportline winter package on my previous LR, but hated the Sottozero 3s. It also seems like they've gone up in price

Summer tires below 45 degrees F are a death trap. Snow and ice, like driving on marbles.

Get 18 inch wheels and put Michelin X-Ice Snow or Nokian Hakkas. You will never regret it. And you won’t die or total your car shortly after pickup.

I have winter sets like this for my Focus RS and Audi RS3 for serious snow driving (Michelin Pilot 4S for summer). Never ever had an issue with traction and I mean plowing in deep white stuff up in the Sierras.

Waiting for my M3P (third week of Dec projected). Ordered my winter wheels and tires as soon as I placed my order. And no, I do not like OEM wheelsets. Heavy and usually use cheap fabrication methods, so not great on strength or strength to weight.

I buy forged lightweight wheels. Strong. Unfortunately expensive. But exactly how I want to set up the car to get the balance od performance/ride I need and my preferred tire selections.

Originally ordered 9/17
Declined 2 deliveries for refresh
Updated to 2021 M3P white/white 10/26
Located in Bay Area
Pick up will be Fremont factory
Received text on 11/19 with 4-6 week delivery
No VIN
No updated Text
No expected delivery on website

check a dozen times a day to see if there is an update..lol

• Love

I have 19's with vredestein snow tires from tire rack waiting in the garage. Unfortunately with the old tpms sensors in them. Total package ran me about 1300

Capture.PNG

asa gt15

I got Fastwheels FC04 from PMC Wheels. Awesome customer service!

The problem is the TPMS are back ordered and they aren’t sure if they can get their hands on some in time for my delivery.

Attachments

• E8323ED1-5E26-4CCD-B8DD-05444159A9F9.jpeg
    E8323ED1-5E26-4CCD-B8DD-05444159A9F9.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 36

I'm the sucker who bought the way-too-expensive Tesla Winter Gemini wheels.

Few reasons:
- Comes with the new TPMS sensors
- Better aero than the non-OEM I could find, and that helps when winter is already eating your battery
- Apparently Tesla roadside will swap out their own tires for you on the spot if you get a flat, but if they are non-OEM, you just get towed
- Too lazy to haggle with a tire dealership and schedule things when I can just click a button in the app (not a good reason)

To be honest though, I'm not sure the above is really worth the extra $1500.

I was quoted, $466CAD for the TPMS with shipping, can't get them without a VIN though so I'm stuck waiting.

Got forged wheels for $2500 + $466 for TPMS + 1300 for the tires + $200ish for the install at Tesla. Man, it adds up fast lol, still a tiny bit cheaper than the geminis.