Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But stay calm and wait another week then begin possibly considering canceling.

I've been waiting for 10 weeks, and been bitter about it on here. And have a delivery date soft-scheduled at the moment.

But even given all of that, if for some reason this fell through, I would likely just angrily wait until the next batch.

For me, as much as I'm loudly irritated by this process and lack of communication, it's either a Tesla, or I'll just keep not having a car.

yes in cali its very last min. thats for sure. normally the highest trim with FSD and east to west is normally how it went. that way the cars would be delivered around the same time. just like the first month of the quarter is for overseas cars as they have a long lead time to get across earth lol.
But this doesn’t really seem to be happening. People all over the states are stating they’ve received VINs and also taken delivery already. It’s weird how they’re doing it.

Mine slipped from Dec 11-31 to Dec 19-31 (Oklahoma); no VIN yet either...

Attachments

• 2020-12-08_12-10.png
    2020-12-08_12-10.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 63
I've been waiting for 10 weeks, and been bitter about it on here. And have a delivery date soft-scheduled at the moment.

But even given all of that, if for some reason this fell through, I would likely just angrily wait until the next batch.

For me, as much as I'm loudly irritated by this process and lack of communication, it's either a Tesla, or I'll just keep not having a car.
I understand you frustration. as much I like my current MSM M3P its not the original car I wanted or ordered but It was my second choice. I know what you mean when you say its a Tesla or nothing. 10 weeks is a long wait for sure. im right behind you by a week I think

If I couldn't get the Tesla I would definitely consider the Polestar 2, but those seem in short supply as well and I don't feel like traveling 900km+ to pick one up.
I like the polestar 2 a lot. pretty cool looking car I think. I know they had 2 major recalls back to back, but hopefully they fixed them and they can really start to be delivered. I hope they do well.

Quoting my post from the West Coast thread:
Was bored and started extrapolating different averages via the Order Tracking spreadsheet.
  • Orders placed in CA in October 2019, on average, took 50 days to receive a VIN and 54 days to deliver.
  • Thus far this year, the average is about ~45 days with ~35% of October orders delivered (tried to account for erroneous date entries).
  • Proportionally, most cars delivered/approaching delivery so far have been Performance (very small sample size of 5, with about 3/5 having a VIN), followed by LR AWD (about 7 out of 16), with many SR+'s still remaining to be assigned VIN's.
While most November and December orders and some October orders likely constitute "the majority", I'd like to think that if you had ordered in early-to-mid October, the odds are in your favor.

Last edited:
Bucking the trend here, but I am so obsessive, I am almost hoping for a Jan delay (M3P White on Black, FSD ordered 11/4) if it means better QC. Holding steady at 12/17-12/31 ETD with texts confirming same window, but no VIN yet.

It will kill me to get it, find a bunch of QC issues, and have to wait again while they get them fixed. That happened with my track car - Ford Focus RS that I waited for 13 months for. I almost tore my hair out.