Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View media item 122369
Congrats Bro! Welcome to the club. When you open your frunk did you notice the two trim pieces at the bottom of the hood, I'm guessing to try and keep leaves and stuff out? I saw a youtube video of a UK 2021 M3P and it didn't have them on it.

Looks like I have that too.View media item 122370
also
Just spoke to an SA and she said my build date just got delayed again from March 4th to the week of March 15th, with a delivery by the end of the month. Things aren't looking good over here in Chicago.

My loan offer expires on March 20th and am tempted to just buy a used Model S P100D

@Jeffffffffff you had to reapply for the loan right? Was it another hard pull?

Yeah, they automatically did another pull but it wasn’t a hard pull. My rate actually went down from 2.44% to 2.14%.

Also, sorry I haven’t had the time to take nice photos since taking delivery! I took a few in my garage (ignore the mess) just so you all have other angles for reference. Hoping to take better photos this weekend.
View media item 122369View media item 122368View media item 122367View media item 122366View media item 122365View media item 122364

Does anyone know if having a dash or, "x - y weeks from order placed date" for estimated delivery is a bad thing? I'd like to think it's not. But does anyone have experience with either seeing that and then having a delayed delivery? Or seeing that and still getting car on time?

Does anyone know if having a dash or, "x - y weeks from order placed date" for estimated delivery is a bad thing? I'd like to think it's not. But does anyone have experience with either seeing that and then having a delayed delivery? Or seeing that and still getting car on time?
This is what I want to know.

I'm back to 6-9 weeks and it seems like every time this happens my date range gets pushed back a day or more.

This "Tesla Experience" is not fun anymore. I am surprised how much an estimate delivery date can make or break my morning.

The Tesla Experience:

Order a car in November
SA: Congrats we expect your car in early December

Early December
SA: We are positive your car will be here before the end of the year! We have been assured by the Factory.

End of December
Text: Your car won’t be produced till March

February
SA: Hey your car will definitely be here late February into Early March

End of February
SA: Hey I’ll have some news for you in a couple of days!

March:
Est. Delivery 15-19 weeks from order. SA nowhere to be seen.

Welp, I thought I had avoided some of the misery and woe that you all have experienced but it was too good to be true. Ordered 1/22/21, received a VIN about two weeks ago and was scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I've funded the loan, added the car to insurance, whole nine yards... then this afternoon I get a call from "my" SA (first time I've actually spoken to him on the phone) telling me the factory sent a European-spec car and that I won't be able to take delivery tomorrow.

I've berated him a couple times and demanded that they start searching inventory or snag one coming out of the factory, still waiting to hear back but am not super optimistic.

Soooo if anyone wants a Euro-spec M3P in MSM, there's one in Houston for you! And if anyone is going to unmatch from that config for any reason please let me know... honestly so discouraged right now and am half tempted to cancel the whole damn thing and go buy another Audi or something.

Reactions: Avn1284
Welp, I thought I had avoided some of the misery and woe that you all have experienced but it was too good to be true. Ordered 1/22/21, received a VIN about two weeks ago and was scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I've funded the loan, added the car to insurance, whole nine yards... then this afternoon I get a call from "my" SA (first time I've actually spoken to him on the phone) telling me the factory sent a European-spec car and that I won't be able to take delivery tomorrow.

I've berated him a couple times and demanded that they start searching inventory or snag one coming out of the factory, still waiting to hear back but am not super optimistic.

Soooo if anyone wants a Euro-spec M3P in MSM, there's one in Houston for you! And if anyone is going to unmatch from that config for any reason please let me know... honestly so discouraged right now and am half tempted to cancel the whole damn thing and go buy another Audi or something.

How the hell does that even happen...what? They sent a RHD car to texas??

How the hell does that even happen...what? They sent a RHD car to texas??
Great question my friend... I asked the SA the same question with a few colorful words thrown in and he doesn't have an answer, said he hasn't seen anything like this in his 5 years at Tesla. I'd pay a good amount of money to spend 5 mins with whomever loaded that car on a transport after seeing the location and didn't think it might be a problem... just to "talk"...

I call BS on this story from the SA. I was under the impression that all RHD cars bound for Europe are to come out of China now...

Edit: Pics or it didn't happen

Reactions: TBrownTX