Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone from Tesla is watching this thread....

Just received a text from Tesla of Devon regarding my vin. Also said the car would be in late next week with delivery appointment to soon follow.
You should consider yourself lucky! I am picking up at Devon too and I haven't heard anything from them yet. Called today and got ahold of someone who gave me about as much information as if I asked my dog.

Side note, maybe we're truck-mates.

Reactions: Ralbright
You should consider yourself lucky! I am picking up at Devon too and I haven't heard anything from them yet. Called today and got ahold of someone who gave me about as much information as if I asked my dog.

Side note, maybe we're truck-mates.
Could be!

Who's your SA? Cody is mine and he's pretty good at replying to my emails, and has given me pretty good info about my car and its expected build / arrival date.

I just remembered a couple guys paying for their cars in full and their vins disappearing or them showing up to pick up a car that wasn’t there or available. I’ll probably just go with the ACH method, my wife’s probably going to be pissed if she sees the money gone and no car though 😂.
This happened to me, though they removed my VIN and delivery date before I actually showed up to the appointment. It all worked out in the end though. Had I not got the a car on Jan 4, four days after what was supposed to be my delivery date I would have been really pissed. As it stood I was only super pissed for 2 days before they "found" my VIN that (they say) was painted the wrong color. I took the white car instead of red and saved $2000. Look at my previous posts for all the sordid details.

That said the ACH was super easy. (Funny how Tesla makes certain things so easy and others not easy at all). I am sure that if you do not get a car they will eventually refund the money.

Fast forward 2 months and I love the car in a completely unhealthy way.

Reactions: TBrownTX
This happened to me, though they removed my VIN and delivery date before I actually showed up to the appointment. It all worked out in the end though. Had I not got the a car on Jan 4, four days after what was supposed to be my delivery date I would have been really pissed. As it stood I was only super pissed for 2 days before they "found" my VIN that (they say) was painted the wrong color. I took the white car instead of red and saved $2000. Look at my previous posts for all the sordid details.

That said the ACH was super easy. (Funny how Tesla makes certain things so easy and others not easy at all). I am sure that if you do not get a car they will eventually refund the money.

Fast forward 2 months and I love the car in a completely unhealthy way.
I thought it would of been a "thank you for investing in tesla, we will name a supercharger port under your name."

My best piece of advice to those of you who are having communication issues:

If you've received a VIN without delivery date, call your local showroom. The sales lady was super helpful and gave me details on when my car was 'born', when it's being shipped, and when it's going to be at the physical location. She also provided a tentative delivery date!

To those of you who's SA is spotty, I'd definitely advise giving them a call!

Reactions: Hilbe and rancur
Paid my drive-off for my lease. Called my Delivery Advisor and asked to pickup at Delivery Center instead of someone throwing my car in front of my complex and saying "No Takesy Backsies!!!" 🤪 and running away lol. Tentatively scheduled to pick up at Marina Del Rey location on the 19th.

IDK I think I might continue ordering cars just to refresh a page all day, think about it, it would only cost $100 order fee. All that free adrenaline and rush and excitement and disappointment and excitement again and disappointment again and...

My best piece of advice to those of you who are having communication issues:

If you've received a VIN without delivery date, call your local showroom. The sales lady was super helpful and gave me details on when my car was 'born', when it's being shipped, and when it's going to be at the physical location. She also provided a tentative delivery date!

To those of you who's SA is spotty, I'd definitely advise giving them a call!
I just did this and was successful, so thank you. Received VIN yesterday, date range this morning was March 27 - March 31. It just updated to below. I called the local showroom and got a SA who helped move my stuff along. She thinks my car is on a truck going to Chicago. Once it reaches Chicago she'll have a better estimate on DD. Right now she's saying 28th - 31st.
1615926522504.png

Reactions: tns.ceo