Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The video I Googled suggests someone drives it to the delivery address. So it's "contactless," I suppose... except for all of the air in the cabin. Good thing we aren't in the late stages of an airborne pandemic, because that would make the "contactless" bit seem a bit silly. But, hey, not complaining; beats having to take an Uber or BART to Fremont.
mine is being driven by someone, just talked to the delivery person about it. i'd prefer they towed it since i'm gonna do ppf, but he said they will touch up anything on the front bumper from that delivery as long as i point it out within 24 hours

Reactions: Improvident
The video I Googled suggests someone drives it to the delivery address. So it's "contactless," I suppose... except for all of the air in the cabin. Good thing we aren't in the late stages of an airborne pandemic, because that would make the "contactless" bit seem a bit silly. But, hey, not complaining; beats having to take an Uber or BART to Fremont.
Eww gross. I'd rather just them leave it in the service center parking lot and I can just Uber there. I don't even let people valet my car, let alone drive it for 30 miles to get it to me.

I've noticed some 925 VINs, I wonder if those might have updated suspension? Just to add, ordered 2/8 Black/White in Dallas. Have not received a VIN yet but SA told me to expect one tomorrow. Like I said though, this seriously has me considering canceling delivery. The refreshed Model S/X were announced on Tesla's last earning call. I wonder if they will announce these updates for their Q1 call?

Except Elon says forget about it...

Agree 100% - However they’ll have none of that, and insist it has to be delivered.

Tim
I'm on the other side of that. If they'd make the 2 hour trip here to deliver it to me, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. Instead, I have to take a train into Toronto and then an Uber from the train station. I'm terrified that there's going to be something wrong with the car that makes me refuse delivery and I'll have to figure out how to get back home from Toronto...

I'd much rather have someone in my car for 2 hours to deliver it here than doing all that traveling on public transportation...

1615859617556.jpeg

To add more fuel to the fire.... A lifted Y was spotted near the factory three weeks ago.