Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do they fix a window alignment in 2 minutes? Don't they have to remove the door panel, loosen a bunch of tricky bolts inside, and then do a bunch of trial/error tests?

Or do they just wrangle it into shape like this?
Dunno. But he checked it with calibration. Drove it into the service bay was literally back in under 5 mins with it. I walked inside, relieved myself, washed my hands, and the car was back in front before I made it back outside. So maybe 2 was understated, but it was max 10 and closer to 5 tbh.

Dunno. But he checked it with calibration. Drove it into the service bay was literally back in under 5 mins with it. I walked inside, relieved myself, washed my hands, and the car was back in front before I made it back outside. So maybe 2 was understated, but it was max 10 and closer to 5 tbh.
My door is alignment, it seems to be something with the weather stripping on the inside that pushes the glass out when it’s almost at the top. Doesn’t seem to be locking into the right place on the top.

Well.... 2 hours after picking up, I got a flat tire! Was pretty surreal after waiting 8 weeks. Hope you all never have to experience it, but Tesla Roadside was amazingly helpful. Was very cool to see how they knew I had a flat before I started talking. Sent the tow truck to me free of charge and took it to the SC. They’re closed but will hopefully pick up tomorrow. When she asked how many miles were on the car and I said 40, she said “Damn, I’ve never had a car with that low miles call in.” Hoping if the tires can’t be patched that the replacement will be comp’d. I actually heard a beating noise for a while until the tire finally popped while driving. Went to zero PSI in a few seconds.

Attachments

• 6149C0DF-7AE4-4380-9AA1-F4EF64AA3B30.jpeg
    6149C0DF-7AE4-4380-9AA1-F4EF64AA3B30.jpeg
    543.6 KB · Views: 106
Today I took a friend of mine for a ride.

He's a commercial pilot, but is also retired military and flew F16s. When I punched it, he yelled "holy sh*t" out loud. F16 pilot, yelling holy sh*t.

Yes, these M3Ps are that fast. ;)

Tim

F16's huh? You didn't take the chance to tell him that's how fast things are with 2 engines? :cool:

My door is alignment, it seems to be something with the weather stripping on the inside that pushes the glass out when it’s almost at the top. Doesn’t seem to be locking into the right place on the top.
The window description is identical to my issue, but my door closed flush. Just the window was stuck out and not against the weather stripping. Sounds like the same issue, but maybe its not?

Hey, does anyone's side glass line up surface-to-surface? I know the edge-edge gaps are supposed to be random, but how are people's windows lining up surface-wise? All of mine stick out by different amounts compared to the B and C pillar glass and I don't know if I should bother asking the service center to mess with it as it looks to me like a non-fixable issue that they'd just have to hack at if they attempted to address it.

Hey, does anyone's side glass line up surface-to-surface? I know the edge-edge gaps are supposed to be random, but how are people's windows lining up surface-wise? All of mine stick out by different amounts compared to the B and C pillar glass and I don't know if I should bother asking the service center to mess with it as it looks to me like a non-fixable issue that they'd just have to hack at if they attempted to address it.

I'm having a hard time picturing what you mean. All my windows when rolled up go under the weather strip at the top and seem to sit flat on the other weather stripping.

That's crazy! Pothole? Rim OK? I'm surprised you heard tire noises before the TMPS alerted you.
That’s what I thought! Rims do indeed seem alright thankfully... It looks like a huge nail/screw. After reading this forum I thought the noise I was hearing had to do with some window gap/panel misalignment so never thought to look at the TPMS. Then I heard the pop and sure enough the system kicked in and alerted me of 13, then 5, then 0 PSI.

Attachments

• 24AF163A-9580-4150-90CB-DB80FAEB8C4F.jpeg
    24AF163A-9580-4150-90CB-DB80FAEB8C4F.jpeg
    591.1 KB · Views: 56
  • FA2CED57-B821-406C-B7DA-BD6048E38883.jpeg
    FA2CED57-B821-406C-B7DA-BD6048E38883.jpeg
    507 KB · Views: 60

Do any of these pictures help? Let me know if you need another angle. Mine all appear even and flush as far as I can tell.

Tim

Attachments

• IMG_2125.jpeg
    IMG_2125.jpeg
    414.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2124.jpeg
    IMG_2124.jpeg
    421 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2123.jpeg
    IMG_2123.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2122.jpeg
    IMG_2122.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 67
When I was researching my NEMA 14-50 I found a YouTube video where the guy compared six or seven outlets. Cheapest was $8, most expensive was $80. His advice was to avoid the cheapest. If I remember correctly the most expensive was from Bryant Hubbell. Might be that your outlet is just worn out and needs to be replaced.
Tested the outlet, works perfectly according to the handheld. Same issue with my normal wall outlet. It supercharges fine, and works with my friends 14-50 NEMA setup. My SA said he thinks there could be an issue with my charger cable and car not recognizing each other very well and that they’ll be replacing it, which I’d imagine will do the trick. Keeping fingers crossed in the meantime.

Reactions: DeltaOne
That’s what I thought! Rims do indeed seem alright thankfully... It looks like a huge nail/screw. After reading this forum I thought the noise I was hearing had to do with some window gap/panel misalignment so never thought to look at the TPMS. Then I heard the pop and sure enough the system kicked in and alerted me of 13, then 5, then 0 PSI.

That totally sucks!

Reactions: m3ira
Tested the outlet, works perfectly according to the handheld. Same issue with my normal wall outlet. It supercharges fine, and works with my friends 14-50 NEMA setup. My SA said he thinks there could be an issue with my charger cable and car not recognizing each other very well and that they’ll be replacing it, which I’d imagine will do the trick. Keeping fingers crossed in the meantime.

I assume they have replacements on hand and will get you fixed up quickly. And guess I should get mine out and test it, I had a wall charger installed so it's never been out of the case. Would such to need it and have it be defective!

Tim

Picked up my M3P yesterday and already put a few hundred miles on it. Car was perfect as far as I can tell and that was after going over with one of huge checklists that are out there. After all of the worries that came from reading this amazing forum and worrying about panel gaps, paint under spray and other issues, I think I got a good one. Had to do a quick merge on the way home and I about died from a giggle fit. To call these cars "fast" is an understatement. Awesome, awesome car!!!

I got rescheduled from 3/28 to 3/31. 26 January order date. Was told there’s a shipment sitting in Birmingham awaiting transport.
I'm working nights this weekend so I missed the call but I got a similar story from my SA. She said with the storms in the south it has caused quite a few delays. Hopefully it will arrive early on Tuesday but it should be here by Wednesday (fingers crossed) at the latest. My original delivery date was 3/29.

No ninja trips for me left. Tesla delivery team supposed to call me in the AM to finalize my delivery time after the truck from Chicago arrives. Tentatively it's 2:30pm, but I'm going to push for 2pm so my wife can sign the papers and leave.

They have my money and taking a trade-in. Wondering how much there is to sign/do.
Good luck today man! I was on my way back from Buffalo, NY, and saw a several carriers yesterday with brand new T's. Hopefully everything goes smooth for ya.