Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The same as everyone else's. The passenger door isn't stamped properly so the top front corner doesn't line up with the fender/A-pillar. Mine's way better than the December builds but they clearly haven't fully corrected the tooling. I also get a lot of wind noise from the passenger side that sounds like a window is open and it appears that the B-pillar weatherstripping doesn't touch the passenger window.
Would a new door fix this problem? I'm a little late to the party here, but I haven't had all that much time to spend looking at my car. I got delivery on 3/29 and I'm noticing all of these problems now. I know I'm out of the window for them to correct these, but I'm willing to just pay to get this fixed once and for all. Especially since I want to keep this car for 10 years and I don't want it looking like *sugar*

Just got a text message from my SA that the hold on production has been lifted and will be getting back on with deliveries soon. Ordered 4/3 M3P black/white located in Northern VA.
19F49306-2BC4-4BB6-9E1B-3C1B5A9F4AC7.jpeg

What happens if you cannot take delivery during these 3 days?

Are they holding the car for another few days or you lose it and should wait for the next cycle?
My understanding based on people’s differing experiences here is that after three days they make the car “available” to be matched to someone else and if that potential other person can take delivery immediately then they get it and you get back in line.

What happens if you cannot take delivery during these 3 days?

Are they holding the car for another few days or you lose it and should wait for the next cycle?
After three days, they sell it as stock in their lot. So definitely try and get everything ready before then so you ensure that you are able to take delivery. I actually have a vacation planned around the time that I am expecting delivery so might have to fly back up to the delivery center just to pick up the vehicle lol

Just watched the latest Ryan Shaw YouTube and he states that Tesla has shipped a lot of cars without VIN numbers and delivery centers are loaded with cars. Essentially there is a firmware update to use the vision over radar causing the delay but the cars are at the delivery centers. With the June 3rd Model S Plaid “Delivery” event he speculates the firmware would need to be pushed by that date. This could mean our cars would get the updates and we get our VIN but could also mean the cars would be immediately available for pickup?! Wishful speculation but it tracks.

Reactions: CarolinaBMXers