Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey guy im close got a black/black M3 performance just added FSD , this is my first Tesla but I do have a CT on order also. Delivery is scheduled July 10-27th fingers crossed. Im picking up at the Charlotte Tesla (Matthews) they didnt have delivery to concord. Hope we get the call/text soon.
👍🏻👍🏻…your gonna love owning a Tesla….mines been bouncing few days up, few days back….currently 6/18-6/30….🤞🏻

Took me 5 times, I turned wifi off on my phone and it worked, maybe coincidence but I feel like cellular doesn’t time out as fast as my Orbi router? Good luck! Earliest appointment for me was 6/6, gate to be greedy, but I dont want to wait another week 😆
Did you have your insurance info loaded on the Tesla account prior to getting the text to schedule delivery? Just got my VIN Saturday and can't get insurance binder until Tuesday. Wondering if that needs to happen before the send the schedule text?

Did you have your insurance info loaded on the Tesla account prior to getting the text to schedule delivery? Just got my VIN Saturday and can't get insurance binder until Tuesday. Wondering if that needs to happen before the send the schedule text?
Disclaimer: IANAL, just interpreting what’s on tesla.com…

You need the VIN on your insurance in all but these states:
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Washington
You still need to show proof of auto insurance in those states, but doesn’t have to be your Tesla’s VIN.

• Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Washington
You still need to show proof of auto insurance in those states, but doesn’t have to be your Tesla’s VIN.
I have reached out to my SA regarding this question. She said to just ignore the upload prompt for now, since my insurance provider will require a VIN to actually out insurance on the vehicle.

I may reach out again tho for clarification. My car will be registered in MI, but I will be picking up in IL. So should I upload my current proof of insurance or wait?

Really I’m just paranoid about holding things up. 😇

Reactions: Gimmethecash

• Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Washington
SA told me and my co-worker that we didn't need the VIN to upload proof of insurance... which we both did and it was accepted on the site.

Both ordered basically same day 5/14-5/15 and he has a VIN... I don't yet..
Tampa, FL

Reactions: Red Leader NH