Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20210608_105540.jpg
Finally made it.

Congrats. Let us know about the build quality and what you find during inspection. Hopefully it’s perfect.
It's actually pretty good. I thought there was a small crack in the roof glass but it ended up being glue that could be scraped off. The paint is actually quite good, without any major problems. Would be similar to what I'd expect from similarly priced cars (all of which have some paint issues). The panel gaps are pretty consistent, nothing that really stood out. Overall, I'm quite pleased with it. It is at the tire shop currently getting its new wheels and tires put on.

Just got a random call from the "Tesla virtual team" and he said my car is supposed to be built tomorrow and will take 1-2 days to reach so cal. I asked when the VIN would be assigned and he said once the car is complete and shipped, the vin is given to the client. I won't hold my breath, lol.
Tesla Virtual Team? First I'm hearing of this haha

Reactions: SpaceCash
It's actually pretty good. I thought there was a small crack in the roof glass but it ended up being glue that could be scraped off. The paint is actually quite good, without any major problems. Would be similar to what I'd expect from similarly priced cars (all of which have some paint issues). The panel gaps are pretty consistent, nothing that really stood out. Overall, I'm quite pleased with it. It is at the tire shop currently getting its new wheels and tires put on.
That’s great to hear. I am happy to hear some Tesla owners have happy endings. My story is only getting worse by the day. They will not prioritize a replacement of the car they destroyed so it’s back of the line for me. They offered me a used test drive car for the same price as new. They are now being difficult to get my $60K back on the car that was destroyed. I have little hope for a non-legal outcome.

I'm seeing rumors of an Audi A4 Etron - which as me excited, hoping they'll do an Audi R/S4 Etron, but that may still be a few years away based on the same platform as the Taycan.
The E-Tron GT is nice, and the RS version is very appealing, but it's way overpriced. One of the biggest hurdles other car manufacturers have is charging infrastructure. It's fine as long as it's only a commuter car and you don't need it for trips, but once you do, you realize how terrible Electrify America is. My guess is another 5 years for that to really improve. By then Tesla will have to change if it wants to retain is lead.

That’s great to hear. I am happy to hear some Tesla owners have happy endings. My story is only getting worse by the day. They will not prioritize a replacement of the car they destroyed so it’s back of the line for me. They offered me a used test drive car for the same price as new. They are now being difficult to get my $60K back on the car that was destroyed. I have little hope for a non-legal outcome.
You still have a decent chance of a car coming before the end of June. If you can stand it, might be worthwhile to wait it out till then and if you've still got nothing, probably time for the other M3.

You still have a decent chance of a car coming before the end of June. If you can stand it, might be worthwhile to wait it out till then and if you've still got nothing, probably time for the other M3.
As of the moment they are telling me it’s July-August. I asked if my order could have priority and the answer is no. The fact that they destroyed my car is my problem. They feel generous offering me a used test drive car for the same price as new. They essentially have an attitude that they’re Tesla and I am just lucky to have a chance to buy one. I might just stick with my M4 until the competition has a viable alternative to the M3P.

Tesla Virtual Team? First I'm hearing of this haha
Yup I've never heard of this but this guy had access to my account and past reservations.

I want a call from the Tesla Virtual Team! LOL as I was typing that, I got a pop-up message from RPM Tesla (not the Tesla A-Team) and thought that would be some pretty interesting timing. Alas, just letting me know some lighting accessories had been delivered.
I'm curious to see if this production slated for tomorrow was *sugar* out of his *hand*.

Reactions: Doge-1
Ordered 5/27, VIN assigned 5/30, Service advisor called today 6/08 to say the car arrived and inspection looked good and scheduled pickup for Thursday! That was absurdly quick.

Now I can only hope that the car is actually in excellent shape but not much I can do about that right now. Lets see if the luck continues!

Ordered 5/27, VIN assigned 5/30, Service advisor called today 6/08 to say the car arrived and inspection looked good and scheduled pickup for Thursday! That was absurdly quick.

Now I can only hope that the car is actually in excellent shape but not much I can do about that right now. Lets see if the luck continues!
Is this a M3P? New or demo? I assume new based on your comment. I think I am cursed with Tesla. Lol.

I checked today, and my delivery date narrowed some. I got my VIN last week after the 2-11 fiasco, with delivery dates being June 7 - June 15. As of today, the dates have now changed to June 10-15. I guess I didn't realize that dates could still shift after VIN assignment. It makes sense, but I just hadn't thought about it.

Not a longer wait time, but the larger date range gave me slightly more flexibility in to actually going to pick up the car. I'm working all of the days in my EDD range. Hopefully they'll be flexible with times, and will let me choose a day/time that I can make happen. My manager will be understanding if I need to make an adjustment to pick up the car (still waiting for theirs too), but I'll still need to do the logistics to make it work.