Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you get a vin, is it by email or text or just by looking on the site?
It's random and all over the map. Could be in your account page, could be an email or text. Or it may never show up at all despite being assigned. I got a delivery appointment without ever having been notified of VIN. I emailed my SA and he gave it to me. I've had the appointment for a week, and there is still no VIN in my Tesla Account.

I'm in LA, ordered back in March. Delivery was estimated 5/31-6/12, now 6/12-6/30 - still no VIN. This might be the most frustrating process I have ever had with a car! Kinda tempted to dump it and go with the ID.4 since they have them in stock near me. I know I'm venting, but dang, this is crazy!
No one ever wants to hear this but I sure wish Tesla or at least TMC had made it clear to me when I ordered:

There is no meaning to the estimated dates - they are just random numbers and California deliveries generally occur in the last days of the quarter, sometimes just minutes before midnight - regardless of when you ordered. There will even be people placing new orders this weekend who will receive their car before you. It's just random.

My Burbank delivery estimate was 3 weeks so I rushed to sell off my old car. Then 5-1/2 months later I finally got my very first contact from them saying my car had arrived and I could come get it. They supplied me with barely enough battery charge to make it to the local collision repair shop where it spent its first week getting some of the various paint/panel issues adjusted.

Tesla has vastly expanded the art of the zero-F's approach to sales, marketing, and brand image but there's no question that they produce the very best cars on the planet and provide very good post-sales service. So if you can just hold on thru this initiation/hazing process you won't regret it.

No one ever wants to hear this but I sure wish Tesla or at least TMC had made it clear to me when I ordered:

There is no meaning to the estimated dates - they are just random numbers and California deliveries generally occur in the last days of the quarter, sometimes just minutes before midnight - regardless of when you ordered. There will even be people placing new orders this weekend who will receive their car before you. It's just random.

My Burbank delivery estimate was 3 weeks so I rushed to sell off my old car. Then 5-1/2 months later I finally got my very first contact from them saying my car had arrived and I could come get it. They supplied me with barely enough battery charge to make it to the local collision repair shop where it spent its first week getting some of the various paint/panel issues adjusted.

Tesla has vastly expanded the art of the zero-F's approach to sales, marketing, and brand image but there's no question that they produce the very best cars on the planet and provide very good post-sales service. So if you can just hold on thru this initiation/hazing process you won't regret it.
This info is better than all the “REAL TRUTH about Tesla blah blah” and “Things I wish I’d known before buying a Tesla…”, “What it’s like to…Tesla…blah blah blah” clickbait video content out there combined.

Where are you getting your PPF Done and how much are you spending?
Auto Elegance in Andover Ma. They have really great reviews and a lot of high end cars on the website. I went for the Xpel “Platinum Plus” package that covers the entire front, hood, side mirrors, and rocker panels. ($2.5K) Xpel fusion Ceramic for the rest of the car including the wheels. All together it’s just under 4K. The only other place I looked at was in Hudson NH but the reviews were less impressive and they weren’t as responsive.
Big factor was they offered me a loaner car for $35/day while they have my car for the 3-4 days.
Also they are going to change all the badges on the car for the aftermarket ones I’m bringing.

It's random and all over the map. Could be in your account page, could be an email or text. Or it may never show up at all despite being assigned. I got a delivery appointment without ever having been notified of VIN. I emailed my SA and he gave it to me. I've had the appointment for a week, and there is still no VIN in my Tesla Account.
Pretty much agree. I woke up one day and it was in my account. No text or email. Still no ability to pay or schedule delivery. Think at this point I’m waiting for an text or email but I may look at my account tomorrow and have the ability to schedule who knows...

Fellow waiting roomers - it was a journey and a pleasure tohang out with you folks over the last two months. My time is finnally complete - Took delivery today. Nothin weird found at delivery time. Does have some swirl marks from what looks like it's first wash. I will be correcting all of that.

@Anonymouskenny @Dirtbikerr450 @Red Leader NH and other fellow MA/NH Folks. Shoot me a DM if ya'll want to meet up in early July to take some photos.

I wish everyone who is waiting the best of luck, this was an unplesant journey, but it seems to be over.

View attachment 672239
Looks great! Down for a photo shoot!! Getting the Car, PPF and Ceramic coating all done on Wednesday

Which begs to ask the question...is Tesla the “Soup Nazi” of cars sales? They make cars so good that we’re willing to endure the torturous treatment of piss poor customer service, just to get our coveted vehicles.

Attachments

• C34EB203-C92B-4171-8511-982F4D2E1CE7.gif
    C34EB203-C92B-4171-8511-982F4D2E1CE7.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
Auto Elegance in Andover Ma. They have really great reviews and a lot of high end cars on the website. I went for the Xpel “Platinum Plus” package that covers the entire front, hood, side mirrors, and rocker panels. ($2.5K) Xpel fusion Ceramic for the rest of the car including the wheels. All together it’s just under 4K. The only other place I looked at was in Hudson NH but the reviews were less impressive and they weren’t as responsive.
Big factor was they offered me a loaner car for $35/day while they have my car for the 3-4 days.
Also they are going to change all the badges on the car for the aftermarket ones I’m bringing.
Im also getting it done there as well let me know how they do! I drop it off the car Wednesday

Reactions: Red Leader NH
Folks!

I got my car! I got a text saying it was 25 mins away, and then another saying it was parked at the curb outside my apartment!

I can’t believe it’s here! I’ll spare you all from the pics of me in front of it, but here’s the moment I saw it.

He’s tentatively named Dolphin.

Edit: I forgot to add, I had trouble getting in to the car. My phone doesn’t work well at my apartment off of Wi-Fi, so I had to walk back to my apt to accept delivery to get the app to work so I could unlock it.

Attachments

• 8BB8229C-C6B1-409E-A99B-F15C90A085D0.jpeg
    8BB8229C-C6B1-409E-A99B-F15C90A085D0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 68
  • 86834728-4548-429C-AEBA-9F1B0CCC054A.jpeg
    86834728-4548-429C-AEBA-9F1B0CCC054A.jpeg
    283.4 KB · Views: 58
Folks!

I got my car! I got a text saying it was 25 mins away, and then another saying it was parked at the curb outside my apartment!

I can’t believe it’s here! I’ll spare you all from the pics of me in front of it, but here’s the moment I saw it.

He’s tentatively named Dolphin.

Edit: I forgot to add, I had trouble getting in to the car. My phone doesn’t work well at my apartment off of Wi-Fi, so I had to walk back to my apt to accept delivery to get the app to work so I could unlock it.
Be still, my beating heart! 😍
Congrats! She's a beauty!

Reactions: pip86