Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked mine up today in SLC and it is PRISTINE.
No defects noted except my charge port seems to sometimes open in a "sticky" sort of way.

My previous 3 had an unevenly aligned frunk, this one has zero panel issues at all, a truly beautiful car.

Of course autosteer/FSD is still restricted to 75 which is unacceptable but besides that I'm thrilled with the car.

I am in love with the color. I loved my MSM pre-refresh plenty but this car is even more tastefully striking. Also I was afraid I wouldn't like the twin turbine wheels but they look better in real life than they do on the website.
20210616_102657.jpg
20210616_101544.jpg
20210616_102857.jpg
20210616_141132.jpg

Attachments

• 20210616_121906.jpg
    20210616_121906.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 65
Picked mine up today in SLC and it is PRISTINE.
No defects noted except my charge port seems to sometimes open in a "sticky" sort of way.

My previous 3 had an unevenly aligned frunk, this one has zero panel issues at all, a truly beautiful car.

Of course autosteer/FSD is still restricted to 75 which is unacceptable but besides that I'm thrilled with the car.

I am in love with the color. I loved my MSM pre-refresh plenty but this car is even more tastefully striking. Also I was afraid I wouldn't like the twin turbine wheels but they look better in real life than they do on the website.View attachment 674206View attachment 674204View attachment 674208View attachment 674210

Interesting choice of accessories. Personally I would've gone for floor mats first. 😂

@ribeyesteak….How in the WORLD does Tesla let these cars leave the factory in such poor condition?! Clearly they have ZERO absolutely ZERO quality control or final check points. I’d be embarrassed to show my face if I was Elon
Tesla’s philosophy seems to be “ship now, fix later” - hit the quarterly numbers at all costs. It’s what startups do, too bad Tesla isn’t a startup any more, just seems like it.

The car was underwhelming but I was mentally prepared because I knew how bad their QC could be. Believe it or not, I accepted the car. I already scheduled a visit for next week to try and "fix" the issues. Alignment is generally easy to fix, so I shall see if they can actually mitigate the 2nd-grade level paint job. I did not want to reject, wait for months (potentially until end of Q3) and end up with a similar sh1t-style finish. In the end, it's just a car and I have other things to worry about. Oh yeah, rear passenger door takes about 4x the normal amount of force to close, LOL.

The car was underwhelming but I was mentally prepared because I knew how bad their QC could be. Believe it or not, I accepted the car. I already scheduled a visit for next week to try and "fix" the issues. Alignment is generally easy to fix, so I shall see if they can actually mitigate the 2nd-grade level paint job. I did not want to reject, wait for months (potentially until end of Q3) and end up with a similar sh1t-style finish. In the end, it's just a car and I have other things to worry about. Oh yeah, rear passenger door takes about 4x the normal amount of force to close, LOL.
My understanding is that paint is about the only thing they CAN'T easily fix... not to be a downer.

Did anyone here buy a model 3, while you wait for cybertruck to release?
Ordered a couple months after the presser... I'm like 230,000 in line for the Tri Motor. Lost my patience and bought the 3 with the intentions of trading it in when I get the Cybertruck in ~2022-2023. Assuming they will only clear out 100-150K of the reservations in 2022 so I'm guessing mid 2023 for my CT.

Ordered a couple months after the presser... I'm like 230,000 in line for the Tri Motor. Lost my patience and bought the 3 with the intentions of trading it in when I get the Cybertruck in ~2022-2023. Assuming they will only clear out 100-150K of the reservations in 2022 so I'm guessing mid 2023 for my CT.
I pick up my M3P in a few hours I couldnt get my order for the CT to go through , on vacation, so I ordered about a week after. I think im in the 100-150k range so I thought the same thing about the 3. If I like the car I might keep it though.

Reactions: Red Leader NH